• Please log in to reply
920 replies to this topic

#916 Patrick

Patrick

Watcher

• Watcher
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 12:17 PM

Thank you for this but what should I do to get the ocean line to match the horizon?It is the same water type in both Water LOD and Water Data under Worldspace settings...?

#917 sheson

sheson

Talos

• Mod Author
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 02:20 PM

Thank you for this but what should I do to get the ocean line to match the horizon?It is the same water type in both Water LOD and Water Data under Worldspace settings...?

Cells can overwrite the default water type from the worldspace record. Also make sure the [Water] INI settings are set to reflect all LOD types and sky.

Other than that you might want to check or ask someone that has more expertise about WATR records, reflections, influence of weather settings etc. Like a water mod forum/author.

#918 Kossu

Kossu

Citizen

• Citizen
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 03:51 PM

After mustering myself to post here, while there are not stupid questions.. its more of a shame to be under the judging eyes of the cowgod who takes sacrificial babies. ( also probably its gonna be a stupid question )

So I have gotten to the point in testing that the lod just works and starting to look very good from a gameplay perspective. But there is probably one minor issue that is kinda an eyesore and its the z-fighting edges of these iceflows ( I think they are called that  :confusion:  ), now the question is could the problem be eliminated by disabling their lod creation or reduced by any means ? While I realise it might not be possible, atleast ill know some answer from now.

Screenshot is from Shrine of Boethiah.

Have a nice weekend!

Attached Files

Edited by Kossu, 17 October 2020 - 03:53 PM.

#919 sheson

sheson

Talos

• Mod Author
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 01:57 AM

After mustering myself to post here, while there are not stupid questions.. its more of a shame to be under the judging eyes of the cowgod who takes sacrificial babies. ( also probably its gonna be a stupid question )

So I have gotten to the point in testing that the lod just works and starting to look very good from a gameplay perspective. But there is probably one minor issue that is kinda an eyesore and its the z-fighting edges of these iceflows ( I think they are called that  :confusion:  ), now the question is could the problem be eliminated by disabling their lod creation or reduced by any means ? While I realise it might not be possible, atleast ill know some answer from now.

Screenshot is from Shrine of Boethiah.

Have a nice weekend!

I always try to not judge in my answers and be just factual so nobody should be afraid to ask questions. I might secretly mutilate a firstborn or two (of any age) at times.

If you used xLODGen to generate LOD, then those icefloes do not have LOD, but are full models in the large reference grid. Type tll in console to toggle LOD off. If they stay, they large references. Lower or disable them.

If you used DynDOLOD to generate LOD, then add a mesh rule in the advanced option:

Mesh mask: frozenmarshicefloe

LOD 4, 8, 16, Grid all empty

Visible When Distant: Checked

Reference: Unchanged

Then generate LOD again.

#920 Kossu

Kossu

Citizen

• Citizen
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 01:08 PM

I always try to not judge in my answers and be just factual so nobody should be afraid to ask questions. I might secretly mutilate a firstborn or two (of any age) at times.

If you used xLODGen to generate LOD, then those icefloes do not have LOD, but are full models in the large reference grid. Type tll in console to toggle LOD off. If they stay, they large references. Lower or disable them.

If you used DynDOLOD to generate LOD, then add a mesh rule in the advanced option:

Mesh mask: frozenmarshicefloe

LOD 4, 8, 16, Grid all empty

Visible When Distant: Checked

Reference: Unchanged

Then generate LOD again.

Thanks for the answer!

They were large references indeed, never knew that kind of consolecommand existed.. fml I need some sort of ingame book to keep these all in my mind and with description what they do  :wacko: .

For the comical relief of the thread, I first tried to do a small mod that would move them above the water lod to remove flickering, naturally that somehow backfired and made the icefloe largereference completely disapper until in range of the ugrids 5 loading of them, dunno how I managed to do that but thats what happened  :cool: 

But did find few options to remove them:
So your Dyndolod mesh rule should be able to eliminate them easily, aswell as:

Using Remove Icefloes mod or Skyrim 3d Icefloes mod, All should effectively remove the icefloe z-fighting.

Thanks for the help firstborn eater once again!  ^_^ I learned little again.

#921 sheson

sheson

Talos

• Mod Author
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 02:52 PM

Thanks for the answer!

They were large references indeed, never knew that kind of consolecommand existed.. fml I need some sort of ingame book to keep these all in my mind and with description what they do  :wacko: .

For the comical relief of the thread, I first tried to do a small mod that would move them above the water lod to remove flickering, naturally that somehow backfired and made the icefloe largereference completely disapper until in range of the ugrids 5 loading of them, dunno how I managed to do that but thats what happened  :cool: 

But did find few options to remove them:
So your Dyndolod mesh rule should be able to eliminate them easily, aswell as:

Using Remove Icefloes mod or Skyrim 3d Icefloes mod, All should effectively remove the icefloe z-fighting.

Thanks for the help firstborn eater once again!  ^_^ I learned little again.

Any plugin overwriting the large references records to should be flagged ESM, because of the large references bugs. In this case changing the models too make them a bit thicker works probably the best.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users