xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 109 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

Hi, thanks for a great program, I was able to get it up and working with the help of some online tutorials.

However, I am now encountering a snag, I am unable to see my worldspace.lod file in the list when xLODgen boots up, despite it working on another mod. The only difference with this one is that there are two new unique world spaces in the esp, and that it uses a master file. Are there any extra steps I need to learn to accommodate this?

Edited by Kyman3

Hi, thanks for a great program, I was able to get it up and working with the help of some online tutorials.

However, I am now encountering a snag, I am unable to see my worldspace.lod file in the list when xLODgen boots up, despite it working on another mod. The only difference with this one is that there are two new unique world spaces in the esp, and that it uses a master file. Are there any extra steps I need to learn to accommodate this?

To see files in the data folder use a file manager or maybe xEdit Asset Browser.

If you mean you do not see a worldspace name in the list of worldspaces to generate LOD for, then make sure there is a matching *.lod file in the data/lodsettings/ folder for the EditorID of the worldspace and that the settings and flags of the worldspace do not set it to use another parent worldspace for LOD.

Edited by sheson

Hey there, finally reached the STEP site after changing to OpenDNS. Is xLODGen beta available on any alternative source? It works fantastic!

BPO6qIx.jpg

You can always PM me on a discord server for the current Mega link if you are in urgent need...

• 2 weeks later...

I was always bothered by how blurry the terrain became if you looked past a certain point (it's especially bad when you walk from Riverwood to Whiterun and you see landscape parts and farms pop up as you get closer) so this mod is exactly what i was looking for, thanks!

I just need to know one thing.

The only landscape overhaul i'm using is Noble Skyrim.  Is xLODGen compatible with that mod out of the box?

Thanks in advance.

I'm getting a bit flustered at having to annoy people here with my constant and amateur questions but anyways...

I just installed Dyndolod and imagine my surprise when it actually worked after the first try despite my huge load order, so that's peachy. Although what i didn't expect was that i would still have that annoying terrain pop up if i looked in the distance and i would like to remedy that by using this application.

What i would like to know is:  can i still use this tool after i successfully installed Dyndolod?  Are there any extra precautions i need to take (apart from not selecting trees and object lods during installation)?

Thanks in advance, in the meanwhile i'll try looking for an answer myself and will delete this post if i do.

I'm getting a bit flustered at having to annoy people here with my constant and amateur questions but anyways...

I just installed Dyndolod and imagine my surprise when it actually worked after the first try despite my huge load order, so that's peachy. Although what i didn't expect was that i would still have that annoying terrain pop up if i looked in the distance and i would like to remedy that by using this application.

What i would like to know is:  can i still use this tool after i successfully installed Dyndolod?  Are there any extra precautions i need to take (apart from not selecting trees and object lods during installation)?

Thanks in advance, in the meanwhile i'll try looking for an answer myself and will delete this post if i do.

See https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13451-xlodgen-terrain-lod-beta-for-fnv-fo3-fo4-fo4vr-tes5-sse-tes5vr/page-21?do=findComment&comment=226826

• +1 1

Thank you for replying Sheson, i went ahead and got to generate the terrain lod without issues.

(It's actually less daunting than i first thought once you read a bit about the subject and understand the mechanics). :)

Hi and thanks for this great tool. It gave me some really nice and finally my landscape textures matching lods. Just got a question about the Solstheim worldspace. The generation of lodfiles for this worldspace takes the longest even much longer than tamriel. While it generates around ~2,6k texture files for tamriel it generates over 8k(!) for solstheim, most of them are just blank and alot of them are duplicates and overwrite themselves. Is this behaviour intended or is it a bug? Maybe its on my end, i am not sure.

Hi and thanks for this great tool. It gave me some really nice and finally my landscape textures matching lods. Just got a question about the Solstheim worldspace. The generation of lodfiles for this worldspace takes the longest even much longer than tamriel. While it generates around ~2,6k texture files for tamriel it generates over 8k(!) for solstheim, most of them are just blank and alot of them are duplicates and overwrite themselves. Is this behaviour intended or is it a bug? Maybe its on my end, i am not sure.

The answer can be found by looking closely at the log:

Vanilla game:

[Tamriel] Land height: -27000, Water height: -14000, Scanned: 11187 CELL records, Found: 11186 LAND records for area [-57,-43] to [61,50]

With the restored terrain data plugin from first post:

[Tamriel] Land height: -27000, Water height: -14000, Scanned: 16385 CELL records, Found: 16384 LAND records for area [-64,-64] to [63,63]

Vanilla game:

[DLC2SolstheimWorld] Land height: -4590, Water height: 256, Scanned: 34557 CELL records, Found: 34383 LAND records for area [-64,-64] to [127,127]

While Bethesda cut data from Skyrim.esm it kept it in Dragonborn.esm.

However, I have no idea what you mean by files overwriting. If files from former generation already exist in the output folder, then existing meshes will be overwritten, existing textures will be skipped.

If it truly tries to do the same level and cell coordinates more than twice in the same process, then there is probably a broken plugin in the load order that is duplicating cell records.

• +1 1

Got an error running beta 30 xLODGen right at the end of the process. It finished but popped up this message:

ade953c8d34b7bb04d94bffe93a22f83.png

There are a few errors in the log too that I'm investigating. Here's the log file:

Check if error happens when just generating textures for Wyrmstoothworld all by itself.

It runs through here without issues. It could texture access/loading problems, though it should have a better message in that case.

Could also be something with the plugin. We do have different plugins it seems, my CRC32 for it is different than yours from the log.

Odd thing about that CRC... I double-checked and I'm running the 1.17B version I downloaded from archive.org.

I ran Wyrm by itself and it finished without errors. Odd... Could be that some other I/O process interfered? I was watching youtube while running the program.

But thanks, it seems fixed.

Edited by godescalcus