Skill Interface (by Tko007)

stoppingby4now

• 1 month later...
(Finally) updated to 6.0 with new options and whatnot. I'll go and update the Wyre Bash installer for 6.0' date=' and see if I can't get the author to integrate it directly into his archive. Also, may as well make a combined version for ease of download.[/quote']

I still can't get the Closer Quivers Wizard to recognize Dawnguard, so for this one can you add a manual option for it? 

William' date=' did you get round to doing this? 2.2.2a is providing BCFs for v5 of this mod.[/quote']

I'm working on this. However, I'm getting sidetracked by other modding projects right now. I should be able to do this tommorow, barring other circumstances.

(Finally) updated to 6.0 with new options and whatnot. I'll go and update the Wyre Bash installer for 6.0' date=' and see if I can't get the author to integrate it directly into his archive. Also, may as well make a combined version for ease of download.[/quote']

I have a long-standing dialogue with the mod author on this wizard. Please maintain the same methodology as the fomod uses, as I have already spoken with him about fixing his folder structure to be BAIN compatible and assured him that the WN installer will exhibit the same exact behavior as the fomod installer.

If you want to ask him to combine all into a single installer, that is fine, but the standard procedure for STEP is to mimic any existing fomod installer.

Thanks ;)

No it wasn't that one, it just wouldn't apply. I didn't think you'd reply so quickly so I just made my first BCF! Can't check if it's worked atm but seemed too. I tried to make one for the NMM installer version and it failed to apply with the same error as yours so I tried with the manual install version and seems to work...

Did you maybe make yours for the NMM version?

EDIT: You may ignore me, I'm an idiot. I managed not to see the wizard symbol and tried to apply the BCF over the top, hence the error. At least I learnt how to make a BCF...

EDIT 2: If you run the wizard you're not able to select any options. You can select them from the sub packages window of BAIN though.

@z929669: It does. Don't worry about it. The combined version will be discussed with the author in private.

@mishmash: If it's the "hasBCF" error, then it's harmless.

It is in my interest to "worry about it", so kindly adjust the attitude that such a statement conveys.

Furthermore, as I said, I have a private and ongoing conversation with TKo007 (for many moons now), as I created the first WB wizard for that mod. The admin of this site should be included in any "private" conversation with the author, as there is an existing relationship and understanding.

Lastly, the admin of this site have agreed that we will be constructing all BAIN wizards offered to this community based on any existing fomod installers provided under the auspices of the original mod author. That includes Closer Quivers, the wizard to which will be rewritten and re-offered by this site once we get around to doing it. It would be great if you cooperated with this standard, but alas, this is a free internet and you may do as you wish ... just as we may host what we wish ;)

That's because the wizard.txt is blank for some reason...

I think the author did that because he was waiting for z92 (or simliar) to update the wizard for 6.0.0. No real reason why it needs to be there, however, as, well, it's a blank file.
Yes, he probably was waiting for the update. I had asked him to repack the folder structure to be BAIN compatible (he previously used /folder/Data/textures rather than /folder/textures). It looks like he has graciously done that (and rewritten his fomod to accomodate).

That is why I want to keep our word and mimic his installer, which I told him would be available from this site for him to download and incorporate into his mod if he wishes.

You have (re)constructed it (although I had started it myself and stopped when I realized that it was already done ...), so he can grab it now (but I would like to reorder the options to match the fomod first ... can you do that or shall I?). The reason that it is important to mimic fomod as closely as possible is because it will be simpler for him to support users and their questions if the installation procedure is consistent between the two.

I will reach out to him and provide some status.