Skill Interface (by Tko007)

stoppingby4now

z92, the options match the fomod as closely as I possibly could. Seriously, stop asking about it. It's getting on my nerves. Also, as I said earlier in the Closer Quivers page, the BAIN wizard cannot use the FOMOD-style autodetection without introducing a lot of duplicate code in the former installer, so if you want to implement that - I hope you like copy and paste!

Apologies for "getting on your nerves". That sounds rather tiresome indeed.

Nevertheless, thanks for all of your contributions in this regard. I just want to make the "standard" stick in case you create more BAIN wizards (which I and all hope you do :yes: )

I'm having the error saying "An error occurred while applying an Auto-BCF" to the Skill interface NMM installer version 6. The dawnguard one worked fine.

Yessir I am getting this same error. I downloaded the "NMM Installer" version and it has the wizard enabled on WB (white square with a wizard stick).  The manual version of this file doesn't have the wizard.  Should we just use the wizard?  Well, I'm off to see the wizard..

:gnome: 

Both SIR BCFs have been updated to reflect the fomod installers exactly.

Auto-wizards also work now (FYI, they did not work previously for two reasons: 1) the defaults were not preselected for all options, and 2) the introduction message needed to contain blank arguments to make the Python code happy.)

• 8 months later...

Okay, we're going to be locking the choices for this mod in for Core. Both the Perk Lines and Perk Line Colors will be default to stay with the Core Mandate. Constellations and Perk Stars we'll be going with Enhanced Default. The only option in question is the Star Background. Which option do you think is best and still meets the Core Mandate?

Default Stars - HDR Nebula

Immersive Real Stars (default background with more stars added)

Immersive Real Stars - HDR Nebula

Basically the real question here is, if the HDR Nebula is preferred, is it too far from Vanilla to be considered against the Core Mandate.

Go with Immersive Real Stars + HDR Nebula. The vanilla background is irredeemably horrible. I'd consider this the "water rule": if the vanilla version is so horrible that nothing will save it, any change from it (as long as it fits) is Core.

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk

I still think Lorkhans vision is the best current star texture...Most others I have seen either only fit inside a scifi game, or are just too bland, boring or copies of NASA shots.... and since I used to study astronomy it really puts me off when I see photo´s of the real stuff in my fantasy game, for some reason.

I still think Lorkhans vision is the best current star texture...Most others I have seen either only fit inside a scifi game' date=' or are just too bland, boring or copies of NASA shots.... and since I used to study astronomy it really puts me off when I see photo´s of the real stuff in my fantasy game, for some reason.[/quote']

I think you posted in the wrong place - Lorkhans Vision is actually a night sky replacer, and has nothing to do with the skill interface.