Skill Interface (by Tko007)

stoppingby4now

Is anyone able to open the dds files with tools like gimp or Irfanview? I always get error messages. Looks like the textures are huge now. Old archive was only 30 MB, now it's 230, and after unpacking the archive it's a whopping 1.1 GB. ::O:

edit: ok, after running it through Optimizer Textures it shrinked from 1.1 GB to 63 MB and I can open all files with Irfanview.

edit 2: never mind, author already fixed in version 1.1

Edited by TirigonX

From what I can tell by a direct comparison, these are exact copies that have had one or two effects applied over the original images so the are slightly darker and richer in color. Pixel by pixel, the actual design is the exactly the same which is not possible to do by re-creating the images from scratch.

Reported it.  ...you better grab it while it lasts.

Well the background textures look very similar. Could this be because they are based on the same original textures? The ones from Bethesda I mean.

Most of the other textures don't look that similar to me. I don't have Photoshop though. I only looked at the textures in Irfanview.

Bethesda is OK with sharing any of their files as long as there has been some change (i.e., 'mod'; CRC diff); however, this is not the case with Nexus and general copyright rules.

Another person cannot alter Tko007's work and re-upload without permission. I expect this will not last if it is indeed as Tech has stated and the Nexus admins are privy.

I don't have all the file to compare. Only the ones that I had installed. Of those, I compared and they're nearly identical besides in color. I reported it and will let the Nexus admins figure out the rest. I could very well be mistaken because I don't have all the textures; however, the ones I do have are identical in design.

tko007 and Arndas are not the same person.

Are you the same guy that made this mod a few years back?

Is awesome!

No, I am not, but I "re-made" the mod. Some of the textures are similar, but I made them all.

About the whole taking someone else's work deal, it is possible to apply the same filters in PS.

I doubt it is from scratch because all the textures needed was a little enhancing.