Where is the "Neve rupdate this mod" setting?

FlameNoir

Question

Back when I was using Mod Organizer 1, I used some kind of setting to prevent a certain mod from updating, because I disagreed with a nerf that the author had implemented to something added by the mod. Now I have upgraded to Mod Organizer 2, but I can't find this setting anywhere. Am I just dumb? Is it not present in this version? If it's the second case, then they should really fix that. Also, I could not find any option to individually check for updates on a SINGLE mod--when I right-click on any of the mods in my load order, it always brings up the same dialogue box, which seems to offer only the option to update EVERY mod. What's up with that?

Thanks for the help,

Flame Noir

5 answers to this question

Since MO doesn't upgrade automatically, I'm pretty sure there isn't a setting that will prevent it from updating. There is a setting to IGNORE updates (which only affects if the version number shows red or not), but not one that prevents updates. It's right click on mod -> Ignore Update. Only shows if there has been an update since you installed it, and you check mods for updates.

Ok, that makes sense and I figured out how to get to that. But now I have the reverse problem: I want to update one specific mod, but I only see an option to IGNORE the update. Is there a button somewhere to only update one specific mod?

You can ONLY update one mod at a time. There is no mass download or forced downloads. If you don't want to update a specific mod you can change the title- for example "Generic Mod - do not update", or double click and go to the notes tab and put a reminder in there. I do this when there are a lot of FOMOD options, I'll just install it multiple times and then check to see which one(s) I prefer and annotate as needed.

Edited by Edorion