Mods not showing in LOOT or working in game...

ecksdee

Question

If any of the tools or the game are not "seeing" any of your active plugins in Mod Organizer 2, follow these basic steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Open Windows Explorer, go into your Mod Organizer folder, right click on ModOrganizer.exe, and click Properties. If you see an Unblock button or Unblock checkbox, Windows 10 (and possibly earlier versions of Windows) blocks UVFS because Mod Organizer is not trusted. You must click Unblock and OK to allow UVFS to work properly. You may also need to unblock all *.exe and *.dll files in the Mod Organizer folder. The easiest and recommended method is to download Mod Organizer from Nexus (or #builds on discord) to a hard drive on your PC, right click on the ZIP file you downloaded, and unblock the ZIP file before you extract the files. If you unblock the ZIP file first, none of the extracted files will be blocked by Windows. Note that if you download the ZIP file to a NAS (network attached storage) or a server on your home network, Windows may still block all extracted files because Windows treats network devices on your local network as untrusted sources.

2. Temporarily disable your AntiVirus software to determine whether it is interfering with Mod Organizer's hooking process. If it works now, add a rule to exclude the Mod Organizer folder. Some aggressive AntiVirus software prevent Mod Organizer from hooking tools and the game, and some poorly designed AntiVirus software deletes uvfs.dll without warning.

3. If this is an issue in game, disable any overlays you are using. Some overlays use their own hooking mechanism that effective disables or blocks Mod Organizer's hooking mechanism.

4. If you are running the game as an administrator but Mod Organizer is running as a regular user, the hooking mechanism will not work because Windows prohibits a process without admin rights from interacting with a process with admin rights.

5. Installing Mod Organizer into the game folder is known to cause issues with the virtual file system. It is recommended to install ModOrganizer in its own folder outside the Steam or game folders.

Thanks to ecksdee for confirming that Windows 10 does indeed prevent Mod Organizer from hooking tools and games if the executable is blocked.

Hi.

I'm following the STEP guide and I've installed a few of the mods.

The problem is they aren't showing up in my load order when I launch LOOT and they're not working in game. 

Iv'e been trying to look for answers for days but I can't find anything.

Thanks!

SKSE plugins are not shown in the right pane or in LOOT so this behavior is completely normal. To get SKSE and SKSE plugins working properly, you need to install SKSE binaries into the Skyrim or Skyrim Special Edition folder (where skyrim.exe is located). You can follow the instructions in the STEP 2.10 guide to install SKSE.

I did follow these instructions when installing SKSE and double checked (also reinstalled SKSE to be abs sure). The binaries are present and SKSE launches normally but without the plugins. There's a screenshot below. Am I really missing something in that folder?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N6znPe5irWgIbiOxWdqKIbhygczKQpbO/view?usp=sharing 

If I open Wyre Bash through MO2, I see all the installed mods.  SSEEdit, same thing.  But open LOOT... and I get the mods installed into the Data folder.  Ditto for Mator Smash and Merge Plugins.  I checked the logs for MO2, and I can see the filesystem hooks seem to be working correctly, but some of the programs just don't seem to be listening.

usvfs-2019-01-21_23-42-18.txt

I just started having an issue (played the game fine, save, quit game, MO2 still running, literally came back a few hours later, restart game and issue happens, no new mods or changes made)

All plugins are checked in the profile I'm using, but when I go to load a save, I get the "save relies on content no longer available..." message and it indicates that basically all mods (update, DB, hearthfires, etc) are not present (I checked - they are still there). When I go back to the MO2 pane, all plugins are still checked (including those that it said were not present). This is true for all the saves down the list.

When I check the profile txt files (modlist, plugins, etc) it seems to indicate that everything is still there.

I've checked my paths under settings, everything seems correct; MO2, usvsf, skyrim itself, etc are all excluded from my AV. I cleared out my log folder, ran log level as debug under diagnostics, when I exited out, I had a usvfs log with a bunch of info in it, so I don't  think it's being blocked.

I feel like it's some simple fix (hopefully) that I'm just missing (like an ini file got changed somehow); it's almost like it's not loading up the right profile or something.

Any help or advise would be truly appreciated.

Thanks

And of course it was a simple fix.

Somewhere between when I last played and when i kept getting the error message, some of the old mods I had deactivated in the left window (due to merges, no longer using in this play-through, etc) got reactivated putting me over the mod limit. I deactivated them, and everything works fine. Funny, but I seem to recall getting a warning in the past saying I was over the mod limit, but nothing this time.

Oh well, it's resolved now, and hope this helps someone having similar problems.