Wrye Bash Log Errors.

Tzunshun

Question

Hallo Step Project.
First i want to say thanks for this program i love it alot ^_^
But anyway. I reinstalled my Skyrim & all my mods with MO This time instead of NMM

Well i have slight problem. Everytime i close Wrye Bash i get a error

I can still build a patch tho and Wrye Bash does open when i Launch the EXE but every i close the program i get this error below

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 370, in initTranslator
  File "gettext.pyo", line 182, in __init__
  File "gettext.pyo", line 340, in _parse
  File "encodings\utf_8.pyo", line 16, in decode
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode bytes in position 90-91: invalid continuation byte

I can still launch skyrim without problems.
I have tried few things.
Reinstall Wrye bash
Deleted Skyrim.ini (Because i heard it could be the problem)
Run Wrye bash on Admin

Im so lost now, no idea what the problem is or if it is a problem or i can ignore it.

Here is my mods/loadorder

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
RaceCompatibility.esm
SexLab.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
CreatureFramework.esm
ZaZAnimationPack.esm
ApachiiHair.esm
hdtHighHeel.esm
Heels Sound.esm
Cutting Room Floor.esp
SkyUI.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
RaceMenuMorphsUUNP.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
FNIS.esp
XPMSE.esp
Bijin Wives.esp
MoreNastyCritters.esp
Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp
Book of UUNP Iron And Steel.esp
SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
LunariRace.esp
The Ningheim.esp
RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp
Brows.esp
SLAnimLoader.esp
SOSRaceMenu.esp
SexLabTools.esp
Book of UUNP - Textures.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer.esp
Tiwa44_Minidresses.esp
Tiwa44_Minidresses_Dragonborn.esp
UIExtensions.esp
SexLabMatchMaker.esp
SLALAnimObjBillyy.esp
ContinueGameNoCrash.esp
SLAL_AnimationsByLeito.esp
SLALAnimObj.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
Serana Dialogue Edit.esp
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
Bijin NPCs.esp
Bijin Warmaidens.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
RDO - iAFT Patch.esp
RDO - Cutting Room Floor Patch.esp
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
AddItemMenu2.esp
KS Hairdo's.esp
Beards.esp
Leah Lilith Jewelry.esp
Colorful_Magic.esp
SOS - Shop.esp
The Ningheim - Followers.esp
The Seven Wonders of Leyenda.esp
SexLab Eager NPCs.esp
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
RRElphintos.esp
mancika_templarset.esp
Apocalypse - Ordinator Compatibility Patch.esp
Shingcheng Follower.esp
Dual Sheath Redux.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp
Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp

Edited by Greg
Added spoiler tags

2 answers to this question

This is the same error posted in about every Wrye Bash comment section. You simply have a non English language character that has to be removed. That error has been attempted to be resolved tens if not hundreds of times.

With that said though, the error is happening in a file that doesn't belong to Wrye Bash at all. So this error is more of a system issue.

It could be any one of these things:

1) A char in your User name
2) A char in your Downloaded file name
3) Contents of the zip/rar download may contain a file with non ASCII chars
4) Folder names of the zip/rar download may contain a file with non ASCII chars
5) Contents or TXT, INI, HTML, XML, CSV files of the zip/rar download may have non ASCII chars

I won't know where the char is and Wrye Bash can't help you find it either. Another thing you can try is changing your language settings if more then one variation of your preferred language is available from Windows. Sometimes you have only one choice, which in that case you won't be able to use Wrye Bash.

One last thing though. I really hate that really small abridged log file. Unfortunatly that's all the user gets. I wish there was a more automatic way to create a more complete debug log file automatically.  At the top of every Wrye Bash page is a link to a document for troubleshooting that asks you to run Wrye Bash in debug mode. For example then I would know what language you have, the version of Wrye Bash, the codepage, and so on. I would really appreciate it if users would follow the link. Here is a quick link to the section that pertains to the Standalone version. The guide says to change to "path\to\Mopy" which is telling you to change to the location where Wrye Bash is installed. Yeah you kinda need to know that. :;):

What that basically wants you to do is to run the Wrye Bash.exe with the -d command line parameter. If you ran the EXE installer there is also a Wrye Bash menu in the Windows Start menu that has a shortcut already that enables debug mode.

Once you have a BashBugDump.log in your mopy folder, post it here.

Edited by Sharlikran

This is the same error posted in about every Wrye Bash comment section. You simply have a non English language character that has to be removed. That error has been attempted to be resolved tens if not hundreds of times.

With that said though, the error is happening in a file that doesn't belong to Wrye Bash at all. So this error is more of a system issue.

It could be any one of these things:

1) A char in your User name

2) A char in your Downloaded file name

3) Contents of the zip/rar download may contain a file with non ASCII chars

4) Folder names of the zip/rar download may contain a file with non ASCII chars

5) Contents or TXT, INI, HTML, XML, CSV files of the zip/rar download may have non ASCII chars

I won't know where the char is and Wrye Bash can't help you find it either. Another thing you can try is changing your language settings if more then one variation of your preferred language is available from Windows. Sometimes you have only one choice, which in that case you won't be able to use Wrye Bash.

One last thing though. I really hate that really small abridged log file. Unfortunatly that's all the user gets. I wish there was a more automatic way to create a more complete debug log file automatically.  At the top of every Wrye Bash page is a link to a document for troubleshooting that asks you to run Wrye Bash in debug mode. For example then I would know what language you have, the version of Wrye Bash, the codepage, and so on. I would really appreciate it if users would follow the link. Here is a quick link to the section that pertains to the Standalone version. The guide says to change to "path\to\Mopy" which is telling you to change to the location where Wrye Bash is installed. Yeah you kinda need to know that. :;):

What that basically wants you to do is to run the Wrye Bash.exe with the -d command line parameter. If you ran the EXE installer there is also a Wrye Bash menu in the Windows Start menu that has a shortcut already that enables debug mode.

Once you have a BashBugDump.log in your mopy folder, post it here.

Looks like i got it. Im playing alot of Visual novels and i mostly on Japanese Locale & Time everything. Just changed it back i dont get any errors more  ^_^ i will be back if i get thanks for ya healp <3

Edited by Tzunshun