Hi guys, first an introduction to why this post came to be. I like gaming A LOT ok!
After I upgraded my pc about when Fallout 4 came out (yes I know it's been a few years). Anyway, I have been cranking up the level of mods I use in Skyrim to the max, sadly I have had to sacrifice quality for quantity.
Now I am a 42-year-old guy from Sweden and I have dyslexia and therefore I hate reading pages upon pages of text explaining why one don thing to a mod to change it (but I usually do get a general idea, but not all.)
I have tried a step guide before, but my head threatened to explode after a few hours of work. This time around I stuck whit it. Yay lucky me, I think!
Now my spec is somewhat lower then the guy I am following Darth_mathias
- Processor: i5 4670K @ 4.2 GHz
- Motherboard: Asus z97-K
- Ram: Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB (4x8GB) @2133MHz
- GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti 6GB
- OS: (Windows 7) WD Green 2TB
- Games: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB (Steam)
- Games: Kingston Hyperx Fury 128GB SSD (GOG and Origins)
- Games Backup: WD Blue 2TB
- Processor: i5-3340 3.10 GHz
- Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX
- Ram: 24GB, (2x4GB) Kingston @800MHz, (2x8GB) Crucial Technology @800MHz
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 960
- OS: (Windows 7) x64
- Skyrim harddrive 120 Gb SSD
Now as a result of this I suspect I will need to lower my Resolution down to High and not ultra. But that I can figure out on my own. But if the game freezes when I am about to get my head chopped off at helgen at the start, I guess its a fair conclusion.
Ok, now on with the Rant!
So I have been trying to follow Darth_mathias, DarkladyLexy, Paul666root and Nozzer66 modding guide ower at:
For the most part, I have managed to muddle thru it. But it's filed whit pitfalls that are as deep as the Mariana trench (its deep ok :-P )
Confusion NR 1 Regarding the crash fix plugin.
Special Installation: we will be using the Stability Performance Optimization ENB Configuration - a Comprehensive Guide by Sthaagg to make sure crash fixes is setup properly
- First extract SKSE Plugin Preloader, copy d3dx9_42.dll in your skyrim folder (where you found TESV.exe).
- Then Install Crash fixes by meh321 as usual SKSE plugin
- Check if you have a file named named "CrashFixPlugin_preload.txt" in Data\SKSE\Plugins (beside CrashFixPlugin.ini and CrashFixPlugin.dll), if not Right Click on the mod and open in explorer and create it.
- Open CrashFixPlugin.ini, and set UseOSAllocators to 1
- That's all
Take a look at how to step 3 is written. (This way is for people using NMM, as I understand modding.)
Now as I understand MO, there is no way in hell for that file to end up in that folder.
What he did apparently was to cut and paste, and forgot to edit. The text document he refers to is installed to:
Mod Organizer\mods\Crash Fixes v12 - Beta\SKSE\Plugins\CrashFixPlugin_preload.txt
I mean Wat The Fnat (it's a Swedish thing).
Problem NR 1
The DDSOpt Processing of Helgen reborn. The guide was to the point, and if it didn't work is was your own damn fault, thanks to old eyes.)
I could not for love or money get the _msn.dds to appear, so either its obsolete ore he forgot to refer to the:
https://wiki.step-pr...gendary_Edition page for some extra thing you needed to do, ore there just not simply there, or I screwed up as usual (My money is in this one)
Ok, I mowed along Ignoring all references to do DDSOpt Processing to later, skipping a few mods here and there.
!!!! THE NEW IMMERSIVE COLLEGE OF WINTERHOLD IS NOT COMPATIBLE WHIT LEGACY OF THE DRAGONBORN !!!!
Read the dam mod page, wof wof.
And who in the right mind forces one to use a mod that strangles your ability to use magic to 30 spells before you need a rest, as a combat mage that's absurd! In that aspect ORDINATOR sucks, I'm sorry but I have no other word for it. I don't have time looking for a bed in the middle of a dungeon.
ok, I gritted my teeth and moved on. I finally made it after having to backtrack to install Ordinator because some dam mod needed it.
So I moved on to the party patches (merge patches), The guide was pretty straightforward all patches were made fairly easy. Mowed on to sorting load order, this is where I found out I had to install Ordinator GRRRR!!
And couldn't he have given a heads up to disable the originals as you went along!?
And now to my second Confusion conclusion.
(Sorry haven't figured out how to make the show text button)
Even Better Quest Objectives Patches
1. Create a New Folder in Mod Organizer\mods called Even Better Quest Objectives Patches
2. Cut and Paste ONLY the following esps into this new folder:
[its me now] This leaves only Better Quest objectives esp left in original folder.
Files to merge:
- BetterQuestObjectives-AlternateStartPatch.esp (Even Better Quest Objectives Patches)
- BetterQuestObjectives-CRFPatch.esp (Even Better Quest Objectives Patches)
- BetterQuestObjectives-DBForevertoMisc.esp (Even Better Quest Objectives Patches)
- BetterQuestObjectives-EFFPatch.esp (Even Better Quest Objectives Patches)
- BetterQuestObjectives-PaarDilemmaPatch.esp (Even Better Quest Objectives Patches)
- --- Even Better Quest Objectives Patches Merged [This one is in my Mod list]
- BetterQuestObjectives - Patches.esp [This one is My load order]
Left pane placement:
- Directly after Even Better Quest Objectives Patches [You do not have this in your load order]
What I suspect is, he means load this after BetterQuestObjectives.esp
Next one that's giving me problems is:DYNDOLOD
Files to merge:
- DesyncBirdsOfPrey.esp (Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD)
- HighHrothgarWindowGlow.esp (Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD)
- SolitudeExterior.esp (Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD)
- WhiterunExterior.esp (Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD)
- --- DynDOLOD Merged
- DynDOLOD - Addons.esp
Left Pane Placement:
- Directly After Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD
Again there is no such file in my mod load since I have yet to run it. Unless it supposes to pop in there by itself, I need to run the program. ?????
And this is where I am now.
So shall I wait to sort the rest of the Merg patches until I am done whit the final steps, or shall I just continue and come back to it later.
A Few final words, this is by no mean a jump on Darth_mathias. I would off my hat to him (if I had one on me), not only to him but the rest of the guys that have been part in producing STEP guides.
And on a final note, yes I know it a pain to please everybody (if even possible). But in the future to avoid forcing mods on to players that just want to use the step guides to have a bit of fun whit the game, and don't need to worry about if they slept in their own bed last night. leave ordinator out of it.
And on that note, God Night.
Oh, and before I forget I guess the admin can hit delete if he's annoyed at this old farts rant. In which case, I'll be even more annoyed, but that life.