Lexy's LoTD SE issue (forgot to sort masters)

Hello,

I forgot to "Sort master", at the end of Finishing Line > Loot. I did everything that comes after, and my game now CTD before loading the main menu.

I identified one culprit ESP as being "Weather Systems Merged.esp".

Do I have to start over from Finishing Line > Loot? If so, are there some subchapters I can skip (like generation with xLODGEN and DynDOLOD)?

Thanks for your help.

I did "Sort Masters" and disabled "Weather Systems Merged.esp", along with the two dependant "Lexy's LoTD SE - Conflict Resolution.esp" and "Smash Patch.esp".

I can now boot up Skyrim SE through SKSE and start a new game. I went inside and outside without CTD. I quit the game after 3 minutes or so.

That being said, I have an error in the menu about SkyUI: seems like I don't have the correct version (mine is 5.1, the correct is 5.2).

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I forgot to "Sort master", at the end of Finishing Line > Loot. I did everything that comes after, and my game now CTD before loading the main menu.

I identified one culprit ESP as being "Weather Systems Merged.esp".

Do I have to start over from Finishing Line > Loot? If so, are there some subchapters I can skip (like generation with xLODGEN and DynDOLOD)?

Thanks for your help.

A crash to desktop before the main menu is generally an indication of a missing master error. If this is the case, the Weather Systems merged file will have a red triangle next to it (and an indication in the top right corner of MO, for that matter). Hovering your mouse over that triangle should identify the file that is missing - turn this on. As to what portions of the finishing line you need to redo, I'd suggest the Great Equalizer, Wrye Bash Patch, Smash Patch and zPatch. The LOD portions should only be redone if the missing master has anything to do with terrain, and given that it's the weather systems that caused the original problem, that may be needed as well.

The Sorting Masters thing... great if you do it, but I've never seen any adverse affects from not doing it. Since you'll likely have to redo a bunch of stuff, may as well this time around, but if you don't I wouldn't sweat it too much.

As to the SkyUI problem, if you go through the list for MCM config, you'll note Lexy has you turn off most (and in my case, I turn off all) of the options for version monitoring. It's not a serious error, and nothing to worry about, but this way you don't get informed about it every time you load up the game.

I am also having this issue.

Which one? Either way, the answers are above.

For the both of  you - if you have continued troubles with the guide, I'd suggest posting in the main guide thread instead of separately - you're far more likely to get assistance there than this way.

Edited by Shadriss
  • 2 months later...