• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GradusNL

GradusNL

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:15 PM

Hey guys, I just finished installing New Vegas using Qolore7's guide: https://wiki.step-pr.../Viva_New_Vegas
All I changed from the guide was replace SafeAutosave with CASM, installing Aptoms Legion Retextured instead of Legion Will Ryse and adding Less Empty Primm - A Primm Town Overhaul. None of these changes should affect my current problem.

When I explored Goodsprings I discovered that the dirt surrounding the empty grave was shiny:

Afterwards I discovered that the rubble in the wrecked houses in Goodsprings had the same dirt texture:

This didn't seem to affect all the wrecked houses, the wrecked house between Victor's shack and the schoolhouse had the regular texture:

My mod list:

My load order

#2 Audley

Audley

Commander

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 06:55 PM

Hey Gradus, 

I can't tell you exactly which mod is causing this issue because even though I looked at your mod list, I didn't see any mod that replaces those textures with that kind of normal map. The reason those textures are so shiny is that whoever made the normal map for them, didn't properly add the specular to the alpha channel, so the game automatically defaults to 100% specular shine which causes it to look very glossy. Not only that but the normal map looks out of place for that texture. What I'm thinking happened is that the normal map got overwritten for that texture but the diffuse did not. What I would do to figure out what mod is causing this is simply to uncheck graphical mods in MO a set at a time to figure out what problematic texture. 

Cheers,

Audley

#3 GradusNL

GradusNL

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 04:57 AM

Hey Gradus, 

I can't tell you exactly which mod is causing this issue because even though I looked at your mod list, I didn't see any mod that replaces those textures with that kind of normal map. The reason those textures are so shiny is that whoever made the normal map for them, didn't properly add the specular to the alpha channel, so the game automatically defaults to 100% specular shine which causes it to look very glossy. Not only that but the normal map looks out of place for that texture. What I'm thinking happened is that the normal map got overwritten for that texture but the diffuse did not. What I would do to figure out what mod is causing this is simply to uncheck graphical mods in MO a set at a time to figure out what problematic texture. 

Cheers,

Audley

Thanks for the response! I deactivated one mod at a time like you said and figured out that Mojave Sandy Desert was the culprit, I looked in the comments to see if there was a fix and the mod author said it was already included in the main file, but I downloaded the old hotfix and merged it with the main file. That fixed the shiny sand part of the issue.

When I deactivated the mod the rubble in the houses also returned to the normal texture, but when I activated it with the hotfix installed the rubble got the sand texture again, only now non-shiny.
I looked through the comments of the mod but it seems like nobody else has that issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users