Merge Plugins Standalone and Mod Order for Merging

dstansberry

Question

I have a small issue I can't quite get my head around. I'm attempting to merge 5 audio patches, following a guide here on STEP.  I'm using Mod Organizer 2. 

I select only the mods required in the left hand pane, along with their masters. I run Loot to make sure the masters are in the proper order, and then, in the right-hand pane, I place the mods to be merged contiguously at the bottom of the list. Their masters are at the top, and life seems perfect. 

Until I start Merge Plugins. When I do, no matter what priority Immersive Weapons is given in the right hand pane of Mod Organizer, it ends up in the middle of my merge mods in Merge Plugins. Of course, this separates the merge mods from one another, and I'm unable to proceed. The other mods remain wherever I've dragged them... but I can't seem to figure out how to get Merge Plugins to leave immersive weapons.esp where it was. 

Of course, I'm sure it's nothing whatever to do with immersive weapons.esp - it just happens to be the one I'm having fits about.

What am I doing wrong? 

post-527-0-79848300-1534231281_thumb.png

5 answers to this question

This picture shows MO, with the load order in the right-hand side, and on the left is the opening window of Merge Plugins (after I've selected the profile). I can't figure out why the order doesn't match. (This is the second merge I'm attempting on the same MO and Merge Plugins profile - the first had no problems at all). 

Could it be assigning the load order based on positions on a modlist that doesn't correspond with the profile I'm working in? (which is a copy of the only other profile I have).

Hm. Things are getting stranger. I deleted all the profiles within Merge Plugins, then deleted the folder itself. I redownloaded and extracted it and created a new profile - and now it won't let me save the configuration. It detects the Steam directory okay, but can't detect Mod Organizer's location. When I browse to select it. it does not give me access to the okay button to save the settings, and if I try to close the window, I get a "list out of bounds (3)" error/warning. 

Thanks for your reply!

Regarding the first point - there doesn't seem to be any loadorder.txt in the appdata\local\Skyrim Special Edition folder. In fact, the folder appears to be empty except for one single file named Plugins.sseviewsettings. I've no idea what that is. 

However, there is a loadorder.txt file in appdata\local\ModOrganizer\SkyrimSE\profiles\Default\loadorder.txt. It lists only the 5 main files (Skyrim.esm - Dragonborn.esm), and appears to be from my initial installation of MO. I was a bit confused about the whole "portable" thing at first, and reinstalled it afterwards into a different directory on a different drive. Maybe I still have it wrong? I'm not really sure how to tell. 

The thing is, it worked perfectly from within MO for the first merge (some animal mod patches), and everything seemed great. But when I went to do a second merge, using the same profile in both MO and MergePlugins things went wonky. As you can see from the screenshot, it only lists the mods visible in MO's virtual filing system, so it seems to be working at first glance. 

Any other ideas would be appreciated! (I know this isn't Merge Plugins fault, or MO's either, for that matter. It's something at my end - I'm just not bright enough to figure out how to fix it!). I'll start by uninstalling and reinstalling both MO and MergePlugins. 

Thanks again!