MO2 disables extra buttons on my Logitech Trackball

FritzTCoyote

Question

MO2 refuses to recognize the third and fourth buttons on my Logitech Marble Mouse trackball (Yes, it's a odd bit of ambidextrous kit, but is works for this left-handed gamer).

When MO2 is running, the Logitech Setpoint software mapping of buttons 3 and 4 to page-up and page-down are lost.

Makes it a bit of a pita to navigate lists in MO2.

But worse, MO2 somehow convinced FO4 to ignore those buttons as well, I like having those buttons at my fingertips while playing.

Has anyone else run into a problem with MO2 killing 'extra' buttons?

2 answers to this question

I've never used extra buttons on a mouse/joystick/trackpad, but I'm an old codger and set in my ways. I like to keep both hands on the keyboard and touch the mouse as little as possible. If you don't have any luck here, you might pop in to the Mod Organizer discord channel to see if anyone there has any information.

You state you use the "Logitech Setpoint software" for mapping of buttons. Isn't the Setpoint software a little old? I thought the "Logitech Gaming software" was the universal software now.

There was a user that had an issue with Setpoint Software in the original 1x version of Mod organizer by Tannin and the only cure was the run the Setpoint software as an administrator, after MO was restarted it would work.