Combat Balance - Draugr

So, granted, I'm using an older version of SRLE Ext:LOTD, so maybe this is just an artifact of that older version. But just in case it's not, I'm just wondering if anyone else is seeing the same thing.

I was playing yesterday (in one of the Falksaar dungeons) which happened to be populated by Draugr. And, for only the second time in my ~100 hours of this playthrough, I was forced to turn on godmode, because otherwise it was completely impossible to get through. Both times I've had to do this it was the same thing; Draugr. I get the impression that the game seems to think I can take on this particular creature at a much higher level than I actually can. This dungeon was heavily populated by Scourge, Deathlords, Hulks, and even a Commander. Any one of which was routinely one-shotting me from full health to zero. If it was just one at a time I could do okay if I was careful, but there were packs of two, three, or four, and the end room had a large contingent of them.

I don't seem to have this issue with anything else, even in packs, it's a fair fight. But something is off with the Draugr for me in terms of combat balance. Anyone else have this, or is it just me?

Ron

Not sure that it's just you, per se... it's just that, in the game, they always tend to show up in larger numbers (the Gauldur dungeons come to mind here), so anything that makes Draugr more difficult to deal with makes those fights exponentially harder. I've run into a few places like that using Lexy's guide, and though it took some time, I still managed to get through them.

In terms of what you can do to fix it, I'd look at anything that increases difficulty as the first stop - see if there's a 'lite' version of it that might alleviate the problem. Alternately, of course, you could lower the game difficulty when you encounter these areas as well.

well, in that case, the only thing I can think is you have a mod that is ignoring your armour depending on what weapons the Draugr are using. Think there is one that did that think I might have eventually pulled it cos of this reason could be Bring your silver or maybe Weapons and Armors Attributes That mod did receive some major balancing updating.