26 Moon Size Tweeks (by akindain)

stoppingby4now

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mostly, it was removed because of ESP slot limitations - why do you want to take up two ESP slots to make a single change when you could just do it in one?

That being said, TheCompiler did find the moons rather large in-game, and doing the game setting tweaks fixes that easily.

I really think this mod does not belong in STEP, since it clearly departs from the developers' vision of how the moons are to be portrayed. If it has indeed been removed from core STEP, I don't see any obvious indication on the 2.2.6 installation wiki.

Mostly, it was removed because of ESP slot limitations - why do you want to take up two ESP slots to make a single change when you could just do it in one?

That being said, TheCompiler did find the moons rather large in-game, and doing the game setting tweaks fixes that easily.

Could you specify that tweak for clarity?

This one will likely not be in v2.3.0. For the time being, it is not in Core.

The setting tweaks? OK.

The two moons, Masser and Secunda, have their size controlled by two game settings - iMasserSize for Masser, and iSecundaSize for Secunda. For a visual reference, just in case you didn't know which moon was what:

Masser:                           Secunda:

Posted ImagePosted Image (images taken from the UESP pages for Masser and Secunda)

Masser is the bigger moon, which is reflected in the values of the setting tweaks - iMasserSize is 90, while iSecundaSize is 40 (in Vanilla). Now, the 26 differnt ESP files for Moon Size Tweaks multiplies that value by whatever tweak you use - in the STEP recommended case, iMasserSize is reduced to 45, and iSecundaSize is reduced to 20.

To replicate the tweaks, in TES5Edit:

1. Open Skyrim.esm (and Update.esm if you want, but it doesn't matter)

2. In the FormID search box, type in 0001A246 (iMasserSize's FormID)

3. Copy that record as a override to a new file.

4. Edit the value as desired - for Masser, change it from 90 to 45 (or some other multiple).

5. Repeat for 0001A246 (iSecundaSize), changing 40 to 20 (or another value).

Now, has anyone other than TheCompiler been peeved at the vanilla moon size, and if you are, what size do you think would be better?

Oh yeah I just added (for my SR install) them to my general patch. I opened up the .esps in TES5Edit then copied the differences over from the .esps to my general patch double checking that the values carried over... Then again I've gotten fairly comfortable with doing such things.

• 6 months later...