26 Moon Size Tweeks (by akindain)

stoppingby4now

Install the two plugins then open them in tes5edit and copy over their gamesettings files to a patch or where ever you like.

How do I do that in tes5edit?
  • Make sure the two moon sizes you want are installed and then run BOSS to get them in the correct order.
  • Open TES5Edit and the list of plugins will pop up. right click->Select None
  • Now choose the two moon size tweaks .esp and the mod you want to merge it to if you have one, otherwise you'll need to make a new plugin
  • after everything loads, you open the moon size tweaks and there should be a game setting in the plugin. right click->Copy to override into...  That will bring up the list of plugins, choose the one your are merging to, or select new plugin and name it.
  • Do the same thing for both moon size tweaks.
  • close TES5Edit, make sure that you leave the plugin you copied the changes to checked in the pop-up and click Okay.
  • All Done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OT a little: American date system always made me think: WHY? Why would you put a month in front of a day...?

Because Today is February the 12th, 2014. mm-dd-yy. No, I hate this thing too, I just happen to know why...

OT a little: American date system always made me think: WHY? Why would you put a month in front of a day...?

This format was learned from original Anglo-Saxon, in Britain. For various reasons the Britains converted to the modern version of DD-MM-YYYY and those across the pond continued the older tradition.

One could say DD-MM-YYYY is more logical, but only strictly from a mathematical perspective. Both cultures have sorted it according to how they mentally process the importance of all three pieces of information. A justification for continuing MM-DD-YYYY is largely how we, as Americans, interpret it while speaking:

"The 13th" - The 13th day of the current month, February. A communicative assumption for the American culture.

"March, 13th" - March is used, immediately, to indicate that the upcoming date is not for the current month. I feel this avoids an important mental confusion (however brief) when otherwise we'd hear "13th" first.

Because there's a simplification of communication (efficiency is human nature), the usage of MM-DD for us means we are never undoing information. To use DD-MM would mean, in a mental example to the listener: "On the 13th. Got it. February 13th. Oh, in March, so not this month? Got it.", where as MM-DD for us is mentally processed as "March, so not this month. 13th? Got it."

To give you a visual: Imagine someone handing you a giant calendar. The very first move would be to find the month in question, followed by the day. However, by specifying the day, first, the person holding the calendar is waiting for a second piece of identifying information before the search can even begin: the month.

There's no right way or wrong way, logical or illogical way. Cultures design efficiencies in communication based on their interaction with the world, each other, and their perspective. MM-DD-YYYY simply fits cleaner with how Americans mentally process the information when combined with the communicative assumption from earlier.

Additional food for thought: The US, and previously British, date notation was chosen because it followed middle and big endian systems.

Well at least they are slowly but surely converting to metric system instead of imperial....

So many tech companies loose so much money because of silly conversion mistakes.... and every now and again a critical error happens... like when you crash a satellite into a planet because you failed to use meters in the orbital calculations. Still find that so amusing.

As for the dates then it comes down to how you say the date.... It is simply a matter of saying 12th of feb. rather then feb 12th. Both are correct and contain the same amount of information. But yeah it is rather annoying.

It's when numbers only are used. What you described is just weird, but comprehensible. But when I see 11-08-2013 I feel like smacking my head on the table.

Also, I don't get the mixing of numbers and words. I love consistency. And I love numbers, and 24 hours. I am a hopeless european.

I'm for the metric system to be adopted internationally. It's only a matter of teaching our (American) kids in school metrics. Should be an easy enough shift, in theory. Not many outside of the US know what a foot, yard, inch, mile, etc is. Then there is the southern states/country towns where mileage is converted into time and scenery. "Take this road for about 15 mins and the turn left at the white house with the oak tree in the front yard. Take that road for about 20 minutes til it ends. Turn right and keep following it until you see a 4-way stop, then turn left there. Follow that road til you hit the highway."

Well date format is kinda weird in the US because the year throws everything off. Everyone tells time large to small, so if you go with the US was it makes more sense to do month->day->hour->.... but you put the year in there and it screws everything up. We need to move the year to the front and start saying 2014 February, 2nd, 2:00 pm.

A little late' date=' but I just realized that this mod was initially released right on my birthday (11-22-11). Funny little thing...[/quote']

Damn' date=' you're only 2?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote']

:lol: that is what I was thinking ... just had to laugh :P

(sorry, OT)

This format was learned from original Anglo-Saxon' date=' in Britain. For various reasons the Britains converted to the modern version of DD-MM-YYYY and those across the pond continued the older tradition.

One could say DD-MM-YYYY is more logical, but only strictly from a mathematical perspective. Both cultures have sorted it according to how they mentally process the importance of all three pieces of information. A justification for continuing MM-DD-YYYY is largely how we, as Americans, interpret it while speaking:

"The 13th" - The 13th day of the current month, February. A communicative assumption for the American culture.

"March, 13th" - March is used, immediately, to indicate that the upcoming date is not for the current month. I feel this avoids an important mental confusion (however brief) when otherwise we'd hear "13th" first.

Because there's a simplification of communication (efficiency is human nature), the usage of MM-DD for us means we are never undoing information. To use DD-MM would mean, in a mental example to the listener: "On the 13th. Got it. February 13th. Oh, in March, so not this month? Got it.", where as MM-DD for us is mentally processed as "March, so not this month. 13th? Got it."

To give you a visual: Imagine someone handing you a giant calendar. The very first move would be to find the month in question, followed by the day. However, by specifying the day, first, the person holding the calendar is waiting for a second piece of identifying information before the search can even begin: the month.

There's no right way or wrong way, logical or illogical way. Cultures design efficiencies in communication based on their interaction with the world, each other, and their perspective. MM-DD-YYYY simply fits cleaner with how Americans mentally process the information when combined with the communicative assumption from earlier.

Additional food for thought: The US, and previously British, date notation was chosen because it followed middle and big endian systems.[/quote']

good analysis. I completely subscribe. Are you a historian?

@Aiyen

Although I use it mentally and by default, the English system of measurement is definitely flawed (based on arbitrary physical constructs). the metric system makes so much more sense being based upon the bas-10 system of mathematics ... or maybe the base 1000 system ... or maybe orders of magnitude based on the base-10 system ... :o_O:

... does this all translate somehow into moon size?