Real Ice (by Yuril)

stoppingby4now

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ENB is not included in STEP and there are a billion of options with parralax but only a few without.

This Parallax is not the same as the one used in ENB series, also these textures were created before that feature's release. The Ice/Glacier models include parallax feature themselves, I think the main difference to make it none parallax is to remove any transparency from the main surface texture.

As to rootsrat's question: Probable chosen for best appearance, based on screen shots I guess.

• 3 months later...

In the STEP guide, it says 'STEP recommends the "Parallax" version of "Half Icecube - Half Dull" if using an ENB, otherwise consider the non-parellax version. BCF Available'

I downloaded the all-in-one download and applied the BCF but I don't see a half icecube-half dull option?

Moved post to correct thread.

I was unaware that the options for this mod had been changed again. Not sure what to do about it. I always thought Dull and Ice was the recommended ENB choice

In the STEP guide, it says 'STEP recommends the "Parallax" version of "Half Icecube - Half Dull" if using an ENB, otherwise consider the non-parellax version. BCF Available'

I downloaded the all-in-one download and applied the BCF but I don't see a half icecube-half dull option?

The option is right there in the file directory and in the installer... :whistling:

The option is right there in the file directory and in the installer... :whistling:
Can you post a screenshot? I might be blind but I honestly don't see it. 

I compared the choices in the Fomod to the files produced by the BCF. The BCF used the names from the folders in the mod, not the names used in the Fomod. It looks to me like getting the STEP recommended "Half Icecube - Half Dull" choice using the BAIN file produced by the BCF, involves choosing both "00 Core" and "11 Dull & Ice 1k". For the most part the "00 ..." and "10 ..." folders have color map textures and the "11 ..." folders have normal maps.

What this actually needs for WB is a wizard since the choices are complicated and the screens are helpful.

I just finished a complete wizard based on the FOMOD. It is available on the wiki now. I also updated the FOMOD to work with the new folder structure.

I'd appreciate it if someone familiar with NMM could test the new FOMOD installer for several options to confirm that it works OK. I don't mess with NMM.

I have tested the wizard, so that should be good.

I also contacted the author, so if he wants, he can use the new package and installers.

I just finished a complete wizard based on the FOMOD. It is available on the wiki now. I also updated the FOMOD to work with the new folder structure.

I'd appreciate it if someone familiar with NMM could test the new FOMOD installer for several options to confirm that it works OK. I don't mess with NMM.

I have tested the wizard, so that should be good.

I also contacted the author, so if he wants, he can use the new package and installers.

Anyone with MO, should be able to do that too. MO uses FOMODs for installations.

ENB is not included in STEP and there are a billion of options with parralax but only a few without.

This Parallax is not the same as the one used in ENB series, also these textures were created before that feature's release. The Ice/Glacier models include parallax feature themselves, I think the main difference to make it none parallax is to remove any transparency from the main surface texture.

As to rootsrat's question: Probable chosen for best appearance, based on screen shots I guess.

In ice it's called "Multi-Layer Parallax" and it determines the depth effect inside the glaciers via thickness and refraction scales. I suppose it's like looking through frosted glass and behind the first pane is another less transparent layer some distance away.