Double Windows on Winterhold College - Immersive College of Winterhold - DynDOLOD

fattyzhouse

Question

Hello. I'll start this ramble with a BIG THANK YOU for all your work here and your willingness to answer most (if not all) of the questions we throw your way! I try to respond to everyone that leaves a question on the few mods that I've ported to SE as well. You walk amongst mere mortals, modkin ! I've been tinkering with DynDOLOD since it's release and there's no going back once you've seen the results in game. Major kudos for all of your efforts here, you holy cow you !

So, I was testing out a mod I'm working\porting on and I found myself traveling to the College of Winterhold. Once I arrived in Winterhold and made it to the bridge, I noticed a strange oddity right away. The exterior windows had a double of themselves. The windows that are supposed to be there are, just as they should be. The extra windows are just slightly set out in front of the proper ones. I'll drop a couple of pics below.

I'm pretty sure I have this narrowed down to something between ICOW and DynDOLOD. I've went about as far as I can with the knowledge I have about all of this, so I figured I'd drop a few lines here and see if you had any ideas of where to go looking next.

Here's what I've been trying to fix this oddity.. 

- Disabled the DynDOLOD esp file and went in game to check it out.

Result - No double windows.

- Removed Enlightened College of Winterhold. (It adds in some Winterhold banners right below most of the exterior windows. At this point I still had ICOW installed.) Re-ran DynDOLOD. Started a new game and ran back to Winterhold to check it out.

Result - Same double window oddity. 

- Removed Immersive College of Winterhold. Re-ran DynDOLOD. Started a new game and ran back to Winterhold to check.

Result - No double windows.

- Ran DynDOLOD without ICOW installed, then installed ICOW after I ran DynDOLOD.

Result - No double windows

Here's a few extra things I've tried looking for a clue..

- I extracted the ICOW bsa just to see if there were any Winterhold exterior nif files being added in but I didn't see anything except for a few interior nifs.

- I went digging around in xedit. ICOW and ECOW are the only two mods that I had installed that alter the exterior of the Winterhold College. The only thing that stood out to me in xedit that might have a hand in this (I'm reaching here) is in the Worldspace section of ICOW named CWISanctuaryWorld. There I found a 'WinterholdExtTower01.nif' being added in under the 'Temporary' section. Not sure if this nugget of info is relevant, but I figured it worth the mention. 

I guess that's about it. This isn't like, super critical in my world, so no worries or hurries in responding. I looked though the forum here and I didn't see anything like this being reported so I figured I'd reach out for some advice as to what to try next. I'll keep digging on my own, of course. If I find any more clues or if I remember something else, I'll come back and ramble some more.

Thanks again for being awesome, Sheson.

Cheers !

EDIT - This is all from Skyrim Special Edition

Image 1

lH8vuYD.jpg

Image 2

0vbqMgj.jpg

Edited by fattyzhouse

• Answers 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The dublicate windows of College of Winterhold pop up, slowly fade, vanish and pop up again after a few seconds.
No sheson errors in papyros log as far as I can tell.
(Oldrim btw)

Pop up:

iZxGJIa.jpg

Fade:

UQPyiF8.jpg

Fade more:

Aq9sypX.jpg

Gone:

yZWy8Ja.jpg

Then it pops up again like in pic 1.
Only the College of Winterhold windows are affected. All other windows in the gameworld are fine.

I'll try a clean save game cycle and/or to recreate DynDOLOD tomorrow.
If there is a known solution please let me know while I sleep.
I have no mods running in that area that change anything in Winterhold btw.

Edited by Wolfgrim

Alright. 
I tried multiple clean save game cycles.
Recreated DynDOLOD.
Updated DynDOLOD from 2.81 to 2.82 and recreated from scratch.
Nothing has worked so far.

The only difference was, that it went from *pop up > slowly fading > vanish > pop up again* to *pop-up > vanish instantly > pop-up again*
Can't find errors in any log.

Edited by Wolfgrim

Is there a question?

See the troubleshooting steps already given earlier in this thread. Especially the part about large references and the MCM setting.

Did you test with a new game, for example from main menu with coc whiterun in console?

Let me know if I need to specifically ask for more information to help with troubleshooting?

Edited by sheson

I'm doing that. Played around with some of the sliders in DynDOLOD MCM (tried to move them to the left), but no effect.

Did you test with a new game, for example from main menu with coc whiterun in console?

Yes. Used "coc WinterholdCollegeExterior". Problem persits in new game. 

Could not find errors in the Papyrus log.

The small windows are not affected, only the windows of the main tower.

I don't think I have a "large reference" setting. That is only in SE, right? I am on Oldrim.

Edited by Wolfgrim

I not sure if that could be something but I found that the ref

"WinterholdExtTower01_DynDOLOD_GLOWLOD [sTAT:D10375DC]" is set as "Persistent, Is Full Lod, No Respawn"

while 

"WinterholdExtTowerRing01_DynDOLOD_GLOWLOD [sTAT:D10375DD]" is set as "Persistent, Initially Disabled, Is Full Lod, No Respawn"

Only the tower has the window blinking problem while I did not see it with the ring windows.
Could "Initially Disabled" be missing from "WinterholdExtTower01"?

The EditorID of the reference starts with the pluginname_formid, Skyrimesm_0CA6EA in the screenshot.

That means the source reference for which this LOD object was added is 000CA6EA

Check if this reference is being overwritten by other plugins.

Check if its base record that defines the model is overwritten by other plugins.

I tried to deactivate DynDOLOD in the MCM, go inside an interior cell and go into the Tamriel world again.
The window blinking stopped - from near and far away - but I do not get the "DynDOLOD successfully initialized"-message even after ~15 minutes. 
Why won't it initialize by itself?
Giantfires burn in LOD, the fakelights are visible, waterfalls are animated.
mxzxmWN.jpg

What gets deactivated if I do not get the "DynDOLOD successfully initialized" message?

Edited by Wolfgrim

The "DynDOLOD successfully initialized" only shows once per worldspace.

Deactivating/activating from the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM is a different function.

Does that solve the issue permanently?

Is this with Papyrus Util or do you use DynDOLOD DLL?

Open skse\plugins\StorageUtilData\DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Objects.json in notepad and search for "226780", you should find a line that looks like

"226780":["","1","1","","","829162","Skyrim.esm","-1","-1","1","1","WinterholdExtTower01:10","829162","Skyrim.esm"],

Copy and paste yours.