Unclear on BethINI usage

The Fallout 3 INI Tweak Guide includes instructions on utilizing BethINI but I'm having a little trouble following them.

The guide says to "Download the main file" and "run the installer, following the onscreen instructions" but BethINI is a portable application and as far as I can tell there's no installer. Since there doesn't appear to be any other file to download, I'm guessing "installer" refers to the BethINI application itself, so all I could think to do was to extract the BethINI archive to the same location as most of the other utilities and run the BethINI.exe file, but when I do that there are no "onscreen instructions" to follow, just a bunch of options.

The guide then says to go to the Setup tab specify the Mod Organizer profile folder with the INI Path option, which I was able to do. All of the other paths looked correct. Then the guide says:

"After Bethini runs the INI files in this profile will be changed. Carefully read the warnings."

Again, this is a little confusing to me because it seems to me like the BethINI app is already running... and there's no instructions indicating HOW to run it. Again, my best guess was that what is meant by "run" here is to execute and save changes made to the ini file, so I went back to the Basic tab and selected "Save and Exit." At that point the program did generate a warning, which I read but didn't really understand. I clicked "Yes" to allow the program to execute the recommended changes.

Then the guide says: "When the new INI files have been created the Fallout Launcher will run to complete the generation of the INI files."

Does this mean that BethINI is supposed to run the Fallout Launcher automatically? Because that did not happen for me. Are we intended to manually run the Fallout Launcher at this point? If so, should it be run through Mod Organizer or not?

I'm not sure if the instructions in this section are out of date, unclear, or perhaps I did something wrong earlier in the setup -- or if I'm possibly just confusing myself or overthinking things.

Any guidance or assurance would be appreciated, thanks.

Edit: I overlooked the support forum, so I guess I should've posted this there. If a moderator can move it to the correct place that's fine. I don't see an option to delete this post so I'm just going to leave it here for now. One of the more recent posts is related to the issue I've encountered so I guess that partially addresses my own.

Edited by Tukka

BethINI changed to a portable application since that part of the guide was written; the guide needs to be updated for that change. You should follow the steps on the Fallout 3 BethINI page. I haven't run BethINI lately on Fallout 3 but I expect it still runs the Launcher.

The warning needs to be updated or perhaps eliminated as part of this change. The warning relates to the profile used in item 3 on Recommended Usage on the BethINI Nexus page (namely that the INI files for that profile will be changed, so I typically backup the selected profile before running BethINI in case I want to compare what was originally there to what is present after BethINI runs). Since BethINI backs up the INI files the warning is probably no longer needed. If I run BethINI on a profile that is used for a game that is underway I sometimes run BethINI on a simple proflle (vs. one with some changes for mods), at least initially.  "Mod Organizer users should go to the Setup tab and select the profile they wish to use via the ''INI Path'' setting. Your profiles should be autodetected. It is highly recommended to close Mod Organizer if open."