STEP Optimized Vanilla Textures & SIMM/Ragdoll Install Order Question

webjedi2

I have a question about the 2.10.0 Guide and the install order of the Optimized Vanilla Textures. The Optimized Vanilla Textures installer asks if I have SIMM and Ragdoll installed....however those are later in the guide. Should I install those first even though they are later in the guide?

Are you installing the correct file? If you click the link in the guide on STEP Optimized Vanilla Textures to get to the Nexus mod page, click the Files tab, and scroll to near the bottom of the page to find OPTIONAL FILES. You should be download and install either "STEP Optimized Vanilla Textures - Performance Version 1.2" or "STEP Vanilla Optimized Textures - Standard Version 1.2" depending on your system. This mod just installs the optimized textures and does not have an FOMOD.

It sounds like you may be trying to install the "STEP Compilation Installer" under MAIN FILES and this should be installed when you get to the Patches section of the guide.