DynDOLOD DLL for Skyrim, Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim Anniversary Edition and Skyrim VR

So far all versions of DynDOLOD use the SKSE plugin PapyrusUtil for the optional dynamic LOD in the game. Starting with version 2.45 there is now the alternative DynDOLOD DLL available.

The current DLL version is 2.45. It works with dynamic LOD generated by DynDOLOD Standalone 2.45 and newer.

Read the ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_DLL.html included in DynDOLOD Standalone for an explanation about DynDOLOD DLL, installation instructions (overwrite papyrus scripts of DynDOLOD Resources) and how it works.

If there are problems with it, check DynDOLOD_DLL.html and the DynDOLOD FAQ first before posting.

If a DynDOLOD.DLL version is required for a game version that is not listed below, request it in this thread. First, search this thread if it has been requested already, though. The future will tell how long it takes to release updates.

Typically a new DynDOLOD.DLL is required for each new game version, but not each new SKSE version. For example a DynDOLOD.DLL compiled with SKSE64 2.0.9 also works with SKSE64 2.0.10 for the same game version.

Nexus Downloads for DynDOLOD 2.45 and higher

DynDOLOD DLL for Skyrim
DynDOLOD DLL SE for Skyrim Special Edition
DynDOLOD DLL VR for Skyrim VR

Mega Mirrors:

DynDOLOD.DLL + Scripts for Skyrim 1.9.32 (overwrite the papyrus scripts included in DynDOLOD Resources)

DynDOLOD Scripts for Skyrim Special Edition and Skyrim VR (overwrite the papyrus scripts included in DynDOLOD Resources SE)

DynDOLOD.DLL for Skyrim Special Edition 1.5.39
DynDOLOD.DLL for Skyrim Special Edition 1.5.50
DynDOLOD.DLL for Skyrim Special Edition 1.5.53
DynDOLOD.DLL for Skyrim Special Edition 1.5.62
DynDOLOD.DLL for Skyrim Special Edition 1.5.73
DynDOLOD.DLL for Skyrim Special Edition 1.5.80
DynDOLOD.DLL for Skyrim Special Edition 1.5.97
DynDOLOD.DLL for Skyrim Special Edition 1.6.318
DynDOLOD.DLL for Skyrim Special Edition 1.6.323
DynDOLOD.DLL for Skyrim Special Edition 1.6.342
DynDOLOD.DLL for Skyrim Special Edition 1.6.353
DynDOLOD.DLL for Skyrim Special Edition 1.6.629
DynDOLOD.DLL for Skyrim Special Edition 1.6.640
DynDOLOD.DLL for Skyrim Special Edition 1.6.1130
DynDOLOD.DLL for Skyrim Special Edition 1.6.1170
 (Steam only)

DynDOLOD.DLL for Skyrim Special Edition GOG 1.6.659 (untested)
DynDOLOD.DLL for Skyrim Special Edition GOG 1.6.1179 (untested)

DynDOLOD.DLL for Skyrim VR 1.4.15

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok, first post to STEP here for me. I've been using DynDOLOD for a bit now, have RTFM several times over during this time, have never had any issues or troubles I couldn't figure out myself thanks to all the documentation. Awesome job thank you very much for that. Thank you for this entire awesome mod you've created here really. I'm just wondering what DynDOLOD DLL is taking the place of and considering the topic is DynDOLOD DLL, I figure this is a good place to start. I gather that it eliminates the dependency of the .json files / PapyrusUtil in the DynDOLOD output, but is there a clear advantage or benefit to switching to the DLL? Are you trying to provide better performance in game or is it simply a different way to store data that DynDOLOD needs? To put it simply, is one better than the other?

Is there a clear advantage or benefit to switching to the DLL?

It is a replacement for PapyrusUtil specifically for what DynDOLOD needs in game. No more no less. The main reason was the lack of PapyrusUtilVR and be independent in case of game updates.

Starting with version 2.45 there is now the alternative DynDOLOD DLL available for testing.

You will have to test to find out if one or the other works better for your load order. Realistically performance should be the same, but the scripting works a bit differently. I really can't say if one is significantly better than the other.

Edited by sheson

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It is a replacement for PapyrusUtil specifically for what DynDOLOD needs in game. No more no less. The main reason was the lack of PapyrusUtilVR and be independent in case of game updates.

Starting with version 2.45 there is now the alternative DynDOLOD DLL available for testing.

You will have to test to find out if one or the other works better for your load order. Realistically performance should be the same, but the scripting works a bit differently. I really can't say if one is significantly better than the other.

So would using dyndolod.dll instead of papyrusutil reduce the load on papyrus? In oldrim there was a lot of speculation (misinformation?) on how the load on papyrus caused stability issues.

As a best practise recommendation, would it be to always use dyndolod.dll if that is an option as compared to the default papyrus utils? Or does it have a negligible effect load/stability wise for SSE so it just comes down to user preference?

Edited by PMBagpuss

So would using dyndolod.dll instead of papyrusutil reduce the load on papyrus? In oldrim there was a lot of speculation (misinformation?) on how the load on papyrus caused stability issues.

As a best practise recommendation, would it be to always use dyndolod.dll if that is an option as compared to the default papyrus utils? Or does it have a negligible effect load/stability wise for SSE so it just comes down to user preference?

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I got a problem with the mega link of the DynDOLOD.DLL for Skyrim Special Edition 1.5.73

It says " temporary error" and i can't download it, but he other DLL link works...

Is it possible to have another link, or is it really just a temporary problem ? (I've been trying for many hours to get it today)

Thanks for your work !

I reuploaded it so it has a new URL that works.

Edited by sheson

• 2 weeks later...