bashed patch left panel greyed out

hardtroll

Question

Hi, little problem with the batch patch.

After followed several video, they almost all show same process. So when my batch patch is finished, on MO2, I go to the overwrite folder, and have folder inside. So I create new mod, call him whatever I want, but the created folder in the left pane is greyed out, and if I point the cursor on it it says " contains no esp/esm/esl and no asset", and have a read button in the flag section.....

I cannot find what is wrong !!

7 answers to this question

Depending on what was in the overwrite, this is likely normal. WB creates a couple of extra folders that are not needed, and if you already moved the Bashed Patch into it's own mod on a previous run, then the new version would have automatically overwritten the old one. That file is the only thing generated by WB that is useful to Skyrim, and the folders you made into a new mod are likely un-needed, and can be safely deleted.

However, to be sure - what folders are in that mod you just created? Screenshot of the mod contents would be helpful here.

Edited by Shadriss

Depending on what was in the overwrite, this is likely normal. WB creates a couple of extra folders that are not needed, and if you already moved the Bashed Patch into it's own mod on a previous run, then the new version would have automatically overwritten the old one. That file is the only thing generated by WB that is useful to Skyrim, and the folders you made into a new mod are likely un-needed, and can be safely deleted.

However, to be sure - what folders are in that mod you just created? Screenshot of the mod contents would be helpful here.

ok here is 2 pics, one with the overwrite folder = http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/45/5/1541780347-untitled-1.jpg

and the one just after creating mod from this overwrite folder =http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/45/5/1541780524-after-create-mod.jpg

On both you can also see the bashed patch esp on the right panel

I am not sure to understand you, sorry for that. Why is it not same in the video. I have try to do everything same !

Edited by hardtroll

OK, this is exactly what I expected.

Those are both text documents - and the folder (Docs) that they are contained in are NOT read by Skyrim (and hence MO) at all. This is why it reports as an empty mod - they are not ESM, ESP, or ESL files, and the folder itself is not one used by Skyrim - hence, from the data perspective, they are empty. They are not needed and can be safely deleted.

The Bashed Patch, 0.ESP is being housed somewhere else in one of your mods. The easiest way to find it is to highlight it on the right pane - the providing mod should be highlighted on the left. I can't say where this happened from here, obviously, but as I mentioned in the first post, WB (when run through MO) will overwrite the original version of the Bashed Patch when you update it.

Keep in mind that the video you used was likely made some time ago - WB updates constantly, and the creation of this Docs folder started at least a year or so ago, so may not have been covered. Additionally, if this is not the first time you've run WB (and I'm guessing it isn't, based on what I'm seeing), the video likely does not cover what happens with a recreation of the Patch, as opposed to the initial creation.

Edited by Shadriss

Those are both text documents - and the folder (Docs) that they are contained in are NOT read by Skyrim (and hence MO) at all. This is why it reports as an empty mod - they are not ESM, ESP, or ESL files, and the folder itself is not one used by Skyrim - hence, from the data perspective, they are empty. They are not needed and can be safely deleted.

The Bashed Patch, 0.ESP is being housed somewhere else in one of your mods. The easiest way to find it is to highlight it on the right pane - the providing mod should be highlighted on the left. I can't say where this happened from here, obviously, but as I mentioned in the first post, WB (when run through MO) will overwrite the original version of the Bashed Patch when you update it.

Keep in mind that the video you used was likely made some time ago - WB updates constantly, and the creation of this Docs folder started at least a year or so ago, so may not have been covered. Additionally, if this is not the first time you've run WB (and I'm guessing it isn't, based on what I'm seeing), the video likely does not cover what happens with a recreation of the Patch, as opposed to the initial creation.

Thank you shadriss, I understand your meaning. Now trying to find the folder looks impossible. When I highlight the bashed patch in the right panel, I got this http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/45/6/1541811503-unmanaged-bashed-patch.jpg ;

So I really do not understand what happen.I should have a The Bashed Patch, 0.ESP but cannot find it. 

Hi, after inestigate a while I find this http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/45/6/1541813213-esp.jpg, I have a bashed patch.esp in maye skyrim data folder, wich is the wrong place I assume, as it sould be in the MO2 folder right ? But where in Mo2 folder ? I will try to fond a place and move this esp

You found the issue on your own - good job. The first pic shows it as an unmanaged mod, which means that (somehow) it got placed into the root directory for Skyrim, exactly as your second pic shows. With you moving it into it's own folder in the MO2 mods directory, WB should overwrite that file directly now (if it wasn't before), and all should be good. Just remember if you rerun the Bashed Patch, those additional extra files will show up again in Overwrite - they can always be safely deleted to the best of my knowledge.