Error during Applying script "DynDOLOD Worlds": Access violation at address 00C0683E in module 'DynDOLOD.exe'. Read of address 00000000

Davies677

Question

Keep getting this every time, ran it as administrator, uninstalled and reinstalled, cleaned files in TESedit, nothing works

Loading C:\Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_TES5.ini

[00:00:09.303] Found C:\Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_TES5_mesh_replace.txt

[00:00:09.348] Found: C:\Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_TES5_worldspace_ignore.txt

[00:00:12.894] Loading preset from C:\Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_TES5_LODGen preset default.ini

[00:00:26.289] Found: C:\Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_TES5_worldspace_ignore.txt

[00:00:29.739] Loading preset from C:\Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_TES5_LODGen preset default.ini

[00:00:29.910]   Loaded 244 mesh rules from preset C:\Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_TES5_LODGen preset default.ini

[00:00:00.001] Ignoring Bashed Patch, 0.esp. Please remove from load order if generating LOD does not complete successfully! 

[00:00:00.042] Update an existing DynDOLOD.esp? If this is not successful start from scratch.

[00:00:02.537] [00:59]  

[00:00:02.537] [00:59] Exception in unit prepare line 52: Access violation at address 00C0683E in module 'DynDOLOD.exe'. Read of address 00000000

[00:00:02.537] [00:59] Check log lines above the exception for additional hints. Check the FAQ and search official forum http://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/ for those errors.

[00:00:02.537] [00:59] If problem persists, post error report with entire contents (not just the last couple lines) of ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt and ..\DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_TES5_log.txt to official forum http://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/

[00:00:02.538] [00:59] Error during Applying script "DynDOLOD Worlds": Access violation at address 00C0683E in module 'DynDOLOD.exe'. Read of address 00000000

I unchecked it in the load order and it and it says "DynDOLOD.esp already exists, either activate it for updating or remove it" Im using the x64 versions of DynDOLOD and TexGen, should I remove the non x64 versions?

Edited by Davies677

I unchecked it in the load order and it and it says "DynDOLOD.esp already exists, either activate it for updating or remove it" Im using the x64 versions of DynDOLOD and TexGen, should I remove the non x64 versions?

You need to remove the old DynDOLOD.esp from the data folder in order to create a new one from scratch.

• +1 1

Ah, it finally loaded properly, but after I follow gamerpoets steps for open cities do I disable DynDOLOD_Output in NMM and enable it again to generate another esp or remake it?

When you generate LOD with Open Cities, when doing the first pass, there is no need to save the plugin. Just click the Exit button instead of the Save & Exit button. If a plugin was saved it should be deleted.

The other files that are created in the first pass do not matter for the second pass. They can be active in the load order or not.

DynDOLOD creates a plugin if there is none in the load order, just the same as if you just installed everything for the first time or when upgrading from older versions.

There is no such thing as having a new esp in the load order. If there is a DynDOLOD.esp it was generated and contains data from that generation. When doing the second pass it needs to creates a new plugin, so that there is no old data from the first pass interfering.

When I delete the esp that was made from installing dynDOLOD and following the steps for open cities, another one doesn't generate when I load dynDOLOD

When DynDOLOD Standalone or DynDOLOD Resources is installed, there is no DynDOLOD.esp.

The DynDOLOD.esp is generated to the output folder with the object and tree LOD when generating LOD with DynDOLOD.exe. In case of doing the first pass without Open Cities in the load order, the plugin should be deleted/not installed to the data folder.

Doing the second pass with Open Cites in the load order will create a new DynDOLOD.esp from scratch just the same. This esp should be saved and installed to the data folder.

If the second pass does not create a plugin it means there was some kind of error and the process did not finish correctly, DynDOLOD.exe was closed without saving the plugin or for some reason something prevented DynDOLOD from writing the plugin to the selected output folder. There should have been some kind of message too in that case.

It may be a good idea to not install the DynDOLOD Standalone into any game folders / any MO folder (see the manuals installation instructions) and to set an dedicated and empty output folder also not into any game folders / any MO folder. 

Edited by sheson

Sorry for the confusion, So I follow gamerpoets steps before I create the archived output and texture folder? Or is it a bug on the second pass if it doesnt create an esp, because it gives me the index error when there is an esp present. All previous dynDOLOD installs get wiped by revo so there is no older files from an older installation at all.

Edited by Davies677

Its also saying this now after I install dynDOLOD instead of the "index error" when I uncheck "Generate DynDOLOD" and try to load it

Please read the manual Custom Settings For Specific Mods / Open Cities Skyrim to verify you are doing the two steps correctly. It should match the instructions of the Gamer Poets video.

Sorry for the confusion, So I follow gamerpoets steps before I create the archived output and texture folder? Or is it a bug on the second pass if it doesnt create an esp, because it gives me the index error when there is an esp present. All previous dynDOLOD installs get wiped by revo so there is no older files from an older installation at all.

It should have neither error. The index error especially does not even make any sense right now to me and needs some more investigation. Please upload the bugreport.txt that was created with the last error shown in the DynDOLOD_TES5_log.txt you uploaded.

However, the log shows two generations. The first, from scratch without DynDOLOD.esp, seems to work just as expected.

Then you are trying to do another generation with an existing DynDOLOD.esp in the load order -  which should work - but I do not understand why you are trying to do it? There should be no need to do it.

Edited by sheson

It loads correctly without an esp present or even if I delete it from the load order but as a result without an esp generated from installation, DynDOLOD fails to load into the game, but if I generate one following the steps of the installation of dynDOLOD and then loading it unchecking the "Generate DynDOLOD box" following the same steps, it gives me that error.

bugreport.txt

It loads correctly without an esp present or even if I delete it from the load order but as a result without an esp generated from installation, DynDOLOD fails to load into the game, but if I generate one following the steps of the installation of dynDOLOD and then loading it unchecking the "Generate DynDOLOD box" following the same steps, it gives me that error.

Thanks for the bugreport. This will be fixed in the next version.

In order to generate LOD with Open Cities in the final load order you need to run DynDOLOD twice.

The first run is to generate static object and tree LOD. There is no need or use to install the object/tree LOD meshes/textures from the first run. The files can stay in the output folder.

There is no need to start the game between the two runs.

There is no need to save the plugin from the first run. It should be deleted. It should not be installed to in the games data folder.

When doing the second run with Open Cities.esp in the load order, it will create a DynDOLDO.esp and the data files in the SKSE folder because "Generate DynDOLOD" needs to be checked for the second run.

Already existing files in the output will be overwritten automatically.

Since the static object and tree LOD are unchecked it will not create any meshes/textures in the output folder.

Edited by sheson
  • +1 1

Ah, thank you again, an esp doesn't generate for me, thats the issue. For refrence when this is fixed, usually after doing the final run of dynDOLOD for open cities, do I need to save it or would I just exit, gamerpoets just says "continue on as normal" but I don't know what is meant by "normal" at the end of his open cities skyrim tutorial.

Ah, thank you again, an esp doesn't generate for me, thats the issue. For refrence when this is fixed, usually after doing the final run of dynDOLOD for open cities, do I need to save it or would I just exit, gamerpoets just says "continue on as normal" but I don't know what is meant by "normal" at the end of his open cities skyrim tutorial.

Continuing normal means, to use Save & Exit to save the plugin and then install the DynDOLOD output as usual, including the plugin and the SKSE folder with the data files. Read the section in the manual to double check the steps.

Please post the DynDOLOD_TES5_log.txt (and bugreport.txt if it exsist) for the second run that seems to have a problem. Where DynDOLOD.exe is started without a DynDOLOD.esp but with the Open Cities plugin and the changed INI settings for the second run etc.

• +1 1