dyndolod sse water reflection problem

munha666

Question

hey there, im having a strange problem where the water reflection got all messed up after some play time, and/ or after fast travel. uninstalling dyndolod resolves the issue. it can easily be seem in solstheim. i suspect it has to do with reflection of lods as dyndolod is about lods

hey there, im having a strange problem where the water reflection got all messed up after some play time, and/ or after fast travel. uninstalling dyndolod resolves the issue. it can easily be seem in solstheim. i suspect it has to do with reflection of lods as dyndolod is about lods

Aha.

the process i used was the documented:

0 installed papyrus util and dyndolod resources in load order

1 generated texgen output and added to the load order

2 generated dyndolod output, high preset, added to load order

maybe its sse engine limitation? without dyndolod game at distance look like ****

>a strange problem where the water reflection got all messed up

This does not mean anything to anybody else without any screenshots. There are no similar reports in years.

Do some basic troubleshooting:

Make the Skyrim.INI and SkyrimPrefs.INI default again. 

Is it really the cube map LOD reflections having a problem? Turn off LOD via console tll

Does the LOD itself look OK? The LOD is static and does not change when mid game. If the LOD is still OK but the LOD reflection not, it means generating the cube map has a problem.

Disable/Hide/Remove the generated Meshes only, leave the plugins in the load order. What happens now?

Disable/Hide/Remove the generated Textures only, leave the meshes/plugins in the load order. What happens now other then the expect missing purple textures?

Disable/Hide/Remove the plugins only. What happens now?

Test with vanilla game and only DynDOLOD.

Edited by sheson

some pics of the problem, my inis are ultra default, only customization is ugrids 7 and largereference 21

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/945090130138989490/0082EA98A4BA9B62917C1A26216A5608E4B478EB/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/945090130138989891/0F93EF67FE61FD8B7872D02C4696673BCAE5463A/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/945090130138990267/5CDC983992DC2A1837787E1957150451D28B86E6/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/945090130138990602/DB59E4BA7976B23EAE2D7E56AF4542124F519D61/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/945090130138991075/F9D4880D3C8998383F90372270DB64A6ED51F98A/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/945090130138991375/7B2AFC20ACD1037BE8FAD9AF5590116C25433961/

notice the smudged reflections of sky (breflectsky=0 in inis), also the dividing line in reflections, also ****ed up cube map reflection in map screen, also strange reflection glow in water during night

Make the Skyrim.INI and SkyrimPrefs.INI default again to reset the mentioned settings to normal values and possible others.

Only then does it make sense to do the other troubleshooting steps already suggested.

DynDOLOD does not change how reflections work, image spaces etc. It generates static object and tree LOD and adds some references to the world.

However it will carry for World and Cell data from the highest plugins at the time of generation.

Useful troubleshooting includes testing with a default game and default INIs and then generate DynDOLOD for it.

Edited by sheson

Test if hiding the static object LOD meshes\terrain\dlc2solstheimworld\objects\ makes a difference. 

If doesn't change anything put it back. Then disable just DynDOLOD.esp and see if that makes a difference. If it does open DynDOLOD.esp in xEdit and right click remove the worldspace DLC2SolstheimWorld and see if that changes anything.

If not do the same with DynDOLOD.esm.

If non of it changed anything the problem is caused by something else.

Since all data in the DynDOLOD plugins is copied from the other plugins in the load order, it is possible to trace down to the source of problem.

As already suggested remove the worldspace from the plugin and check if it makes a difference. If it does, restore the plugin from backup. 

Then remove the persistent cell. Again, if it changes anything restore from the backup made just before the change. Then start removing reference in batches from the persistent cell. 

Then move on to the temporary cells, same procedure.

Backup the plugin if the error still keeps happening. Restore plugin from backup in case the problem went away and remove other records. That way you will hopefully end up with a singe record that causes the problem.

Keep in mind that in 4 years nobody else ever reported such issues, so the source is something obscure.

Edited by sheson

The entire dynamic LOD of a worldspace is done by all the references in the persistent cell. 0000D74 for Tamriel/Skyrmi and 040142EC for DLC2SolstheimWorld/Solstheim.

If that data removed waterfalls, fires, windmill fans etc should be gone.

You might have a second plugin (in MO Overwrite folder?) that loads after the one you are editing.

i finally found the culprit it is static tree lod with treefullfallback=0

i was using it because sfo lods look like ass ****

when treefullfallback=1 problem is gone this time i double tested

so maybe some next dyndolod version will correct this? dyndolod is essential for not **** skyrim lods

maybe you could take a second born?

i finally found the culprit it is static tree lod with treefullfallback=0

i was using it because sfo lods look like ass ****

when treefullfallback=1 problem is gone this time i double tested

so maybe some next dyndolod version will correct this? dyndolod is essential for not **** skyrim lods

maybe you could take a second born?

So supposedly this is caused by using certain full model(s) of a tree in static object LOD. It wouldn't a first that certain full model shader settings do weird things. 

It is also possible that this is a resource issue caused by the enormous LOD files because of full models trees.

The fix is to not use that experimental function, use optimized 3D LOD models or create (hybrid) 3D LOD models yourself.

Edited by sheson