DynDOLOD Fresh install - crash on first load

WDeranged

Question

I've been trying to install DynDOLOD on a lightly modded install of Skyrim SE and I'm having an issue where most of the time my first load drops to the desktop cold with no message.

I've watched all the well known installation guides and done a fair bit of reading so I think I've got the basics down but I'll list my basic steps.

Install resources.

Install Indistinguishable Vanilla Tree Billboards.

Run texgen and install textures.

Run DynDOLOD and install output.

Whether starting a new game or a clean save four out of five times the game will drop to the desktop with no message.  When it does appear to work everything initialises properly and DynDOLOD works as it should.  I'm just rather wary of continuing to play the game after on an unstable foundation.

Load Order (master files cleaned)

*Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
*DynDOLOD.esm
*SkyUI_SE.esp
*Gildergreen Regrown.esp
*Cutting Room Floor.esp
*Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
*TheChoiceIsYours.esp
*Darkwater Crossing.esp
*Whistling Mine.esp
*Soljund's Sinkhole.esp
*HoldBorderBanners.esp
*BooksBooksBooks.esp
*FloraRespawnFix.esp
*Craftable Torches.esp
*CustomDifficulty.esp
*Hardcore Lockpicking1-12.esp
*Immersive Potions.esp
*MehrunesRazorFivePercentKillChance.esp
*Moved Droppable Stones.esp
*Slightly Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.esp
*VariedGuards.esp
*Weather Tweaks.esp
*HorseSpeedStam.esp
*Delay-DLC.esp
*Modern Brawl Bug Fix.esp
*DynDOLOD.esp
Edited by WDeranged

If you are using PapyrusUtil, edit skse\plugins\StorageUtilData\DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Objects.json in notep and edit the line near the bottom of the file that starts with "reset":, change the "reset" to "xreset" so it will be ignored.

If you are using DynDOLOD DLL, edit skse\plugins\DynDOLOD_Data\DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Objects.txt and just remove the entire last line 1=...

See if that makes any difference with all scripts installed again.

You might also test if using DynDOLOD DLL instead of Payrusutil or vice versa makes any difference. They use slightly different scripts. 

Edited by sheson

Can you post the papyrus log of the crash.

Skyrim.INI with bEnableLogging=1, bEnableTrace=1, bLoadDebugInformation=1

Please zip and upload the current plugins and the SKSE folder you have now for me to test and check if I can spot anything. 

Edited by sheson

Got thx. When you doing your tests are you using a save? Can you send me that one and the steps - if any - required to cause the CTD

Can you make the game CTD by using "coc whiterun" from main menu console and do something specific?

Can you also upload/post

..\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\skyrim\PapyrusUtilDev.log

c:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE\skse64_loader.log

c:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE\DynDOLOD.log

Edited by sheson

Starting a new game or using the save file (Riverwood Trader internal cell) I've linked almost always results in a crash.  So far I haven't managed to trigger a crash by coc'ing to whiterun from the main menu.

https://ufile.io/13jhz

Not getting a DynDOLOD.log in the SKSE log folder for some reason.

Edited by WDeranged

With all the files you provided I was able to finally recreate the condition loading your save. Seems the papyrus engine is overwhelmed by lots of script activity across all plugins

Please test these updated DynDOLOD PapryusUtil scripts, overwrite the ones from DynDOLOD Resources SE.

Let me know if they fix the issue for you as well.

Edit: These scripts are now in DynDOLOD Resources SE 2.54

Edited by sheson

Looks promising.  I just did 20 minutes of intense testing and couldn't trigger any crashes!  I'm curious as to why I saw the same crashes with a completely vanilla install.  Even my modded install is sparse compared to some of the monster loadouts I've seen other people use.

Looks promising.  I just did 20 minutes of intense testing and couldn't trigger any crashes!  I'm curious as to why I saw the same crashes with a completely vanilla install.  Even my modded install is sparse compared to some of the monster loadouts I've seen other people use.

Sounds good. Once it loaded it should be fine. Must be some kind of edge case. I could not trigger anything similar without that save on my end.