Photo

Failure to install Project Nevada and UIO (Error Code 5)

fallout new vegas

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 6ftninja

6ftninja

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 09:45 PM

I am a new modder and attempting to follow the "Fear and Loathing" guide to optimize my New Vegas experience. It was doing great until I went to install the this "Project Nevada" mod: http://www.nexusmods...0040/?tab=files with Mod Organizer 2. It downloaded just fine but upon double clicking it to install with the rest of my mods I got the error message in the image I have attached.

Attached File  Mod_NV_Error.png   7.69KB   0 downloads

Please help.

Edited by 6ftninja, 27 November 2018 - 09:46 PM.

#2 Greg

Greg

Dragon Prince

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 10:12 PM

I suspect you didn't unblock the Mod Organizer archive before you extracted the files so now everything is blocked. To resolve this, open the Mod Organizer folder in Windows explorer, right click on every *.exe and *.dll (one file at a time), click Properties, click Unblock, click OK, and proceed to the next file.

#3 6ftninja

6ftninja

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 11:01 PM

I suspect you didn't unblock the Mod Organizer archive before you extracted the files so now everything is blocked. To resolve this, open the Mod Organizer folder in Windows explorer, right click on every *.exe and *.dll (one file at a time), click Properties, click Unblock, click OK, and proceed to the next file.

I just tried this and unfortunately got the same result as before.

#4 Shadriss

Shadriss

High King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 10:28 AM

Maybe a silly question - but since it's saying it can't find a file, have you made sure that file exists? 

#5 Greg

Greg

Dragon Prince

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 08:10 PM

This error is coming from .NET Framework and the only times I've seen this error is when the DLL is blocked or I'm loading a DLL from a shared drive on the network. Do you have NET Framework 3.5 installed?

#6 6ftninja

6ftninja

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 10:39 PM

Maybe a silly question - but since it's saying it can't find a file, have you made sure that file exists? 

Understandable question. When I verified the files as @Greg suggested it was there with all the rest of them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fallout new vegas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users