Are Mods Added For DynDOLOD Needed Once LOD Has Been Created?

Kraggy

Question

The GP video on DynDOLOD shows several mods being added for DynDOLOD to run, such as vanilla billboards and DynDOLOD Resources as well as TexGen's output .ESP, but the video ends without referencing these added mods after DynDOLOD's output has been installed.

Also I had to run the LoS patch in DynDOLOD Patches.

Are these needed when running the game or can they be disabled leaving only the data in the DynDOLOD outout?

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

Most from DynDOLOD Resources (Core obviously, optionals if installed: High Hrothgar Window Glow, DLC2 Vvardenfell 3D Plume, Low-Res Textures) needs to be kept.

The text file patches (Whiterun, Solitude, Birds of Prey) are only needed while DynDOLOD is generating LOD.

Anything installed from DynDOLOD Patches needs to be kept, obviously.

There is no TexGen plugin, it only generates textures. They need to be kept.

Billboards can be removed after LOD generation as those resources are not used directly in the game, usually.

There is no advantage to disable/remove anything, even if it is OK to do it for some things. If would be part of the instructions/manual if it were.

All that is going to happen by removing things is that the user forgets about it and next time LOD is generated things will not work correctly.

Thanks for that info Sheson, I simply want to remove any unnecessary mods from the modlist as I'm getting a CTD immediately after loading the 3rd of the Autosaves the game creates during a new game and trying to follow the 'readme' on how to figure it out.