Issuses with Legacy of the Dragonborn LOD

PierreDespereaux

Question

Game version, version of Legacy of the Dragonborn, version of DynDOLOD, version of DynDOLOD Resources.

Oh yes, of course. Apologises.

I'm running Skyrim: Special Edition with the most recent version and that of SKSE.

I just started a new playthrough last week so I just downloaded all the stuff a few days ago. I should have the most recent version of DynDOLOD and Legacy of the Dragonborn.

Check if DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel.txt contains a line like

xxxxxxxx 00000000 -55314.347656 100706.976563 -8728.261719 0.0000 0.0000 135.0000 1.0 DBM_MuseumBuilding 00000000 -LargeRef meshes\dbm resources\architecture\museum.nif meshes\lod\dbm\museum_lod.nif meshes\lod\dbm\museum_lod_1.nif meshes\lod\dbm\museum_lod_2.nif

If not, then DynDOLOD Resources Core Files might not be fully installed, like an incomplete download or the archive was not fully extracted. Check the installed DynDOLOD Resources Core Files have meshes\lod\dbm\museum_lod.nif

If that seems fine check if DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt last line is Code: 0

The DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt should have LODGenx64.exe for Tamriel completed successfully near the end.

If all that seems fine, make sure that all files from output folder are installed and none are overwritten by other mods.

Thanks a ton Shenson! I'll have a look as soon as i get home.

If it's an issue with the script files do I need to rerun the DynDOLOD generators?

If all that seems fine, make sure that all files from output folder are installed and none are overwritten by other mods.

Should Output be loaded last on ModOrganizer 2 in this case?

Edited by PierreDespereaux

It is not an issue with script files.

This is all about static object LOD. If the static object LOD was not generated correctly because LOD assets were missing or the LODGen process did not complete without error, then static object LOD needs to be generated again.

If something should not be overwritten by anything it means it should load after those anything that conflicts. Something having the highest priority in MO loads last, so that will accomplish that,

Check if DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel.txt contains a line like

xxxxxxxx 00000000 -55314.347656 100706.976563 -8728.261719 0.0000 0.0000 135.0000 1.0 DBM_MuseumBuilding 00000000 -LargeRef meshes\dbm resources\architecture\museum.nif meshes\lod\dbm\museum_lod.nif meshes\lod\dbm\museum_lod_1.nif meshes\lod\dbm\museum_lod_2.nif

If not, then DynDOLOD Resources Core Files might not be fully installed, like an incomplete download or the archive was not fully extracted. Check the installed DynDOLOD Resources Core Files have meshes\lod\dbm\museum_lod.nif

If that seems fine check if DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt last line is Code: 0

The DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt should have LODGenx64.exe for Tamriel completed successfully near the end.

Hi Shenson!

I checked the log file and I couldn't find anything like you quoted, so I checked the Resource Core. It appears to have the correct museum_lod,nif (2 and 3 also).

Code: 0 seems to be in order.

I'm going to try and move the mod priority (left pane) around a bit and see if that fixes anything. I think Skyrim Flora Overhaul and ELFX might be overwriting some things. I'll report back when I'm done testing.

Here are some more pictures I took of the issue:

https://imgur.com/a/c5YqVIn

It is not an issue with script files.

This is all about static object LOD. If the static object LOD was not generated correctly because LOD assets were missing or the LODGen process did not complete without error, then static object LOD needs to be generated again.

If something should not be overwritten by anything it means it should load after those anything that conflicts. Something having the highest priority in MO loads last, so that will accomplish that,

I have DynDOLOD Output loaded last, but the issue still persists.

I was able to find this in LODGen_SSE_Tamriel.txt after further searching though;

3E004087    00000000    -55314.347656    100706.976563    -8728.261719    0.0000    0.0000    135.0000    1.0    DBM_MuseumBuilding    00000000    -LargeRef    meshes\dbm resources\architecture\museum.nif    meshes\lod\dbm\museum_lod.nif    meshes\lod\dbm\museum_lod_1.nif    meshes\lod\dbm\museum_lod_2.nif

Also here is my current load order, if that matters at all:

Capture.PNG

Here's an interesting development:

If I toggle the DynDOLOD.esp off the LOD works fine.

20181211234912_1.jpg

Those image links do not work. If you disable DynDOLOD the LOD is not working "fine". Then the full model of the museum defined by the Legacy of Dragonborn plugin is shown again. This is fully expected.

Since the museum is in the export file, now do the second check I already suggested that LODGen had no errors.

If LODGen had no errors, in MOs right window data tab, open meshes\terrain\Tamriel\Objects\Tamriel.4.-16.24.bto with nifskope and check if the museum can be seen.

Those image links do not work. If you disable DynDOLOD the LOD is not working "fine". Then the full model of the museum defined by the Legacy of Dragonborn plugin is shown again. This is fully expected.

Since the museum is in the export file, now do the second check I already suggested that LODGen had no errors.

If LODGen had no errors, in MOs right window data tab, open meshes\terrain\Tamriel\Objects\Tamriel.4.-16.24.bto with nifskope and check if the museum can be seen.

No, I cannot see the museum in Tamriel.4.-16.24.bto. It says the file is part of the "Overwrite" mod.

Would you like me to reupload my screenshots?

No, I cannot see the museum in Tamriel.4.-16.24.bto. It says the file is part of the "Overwrite" mod.

Would you like me to reupload my screenshots?

That means the output from DynDOLOD is overwritten by whatever files are in the MOs Overwrite folder. Probably from an earlier LOD generation with xLODGen without using the -o argument.

There should be really no files in MOs Overwrite folder. MO will put new files written to the "Data" folder by tools or mods into the Overwrite folder. Once they do they should be moved into a suitable mod folder.

Not a single file from the DynDOLOD output should be overwritten by anything.

Edited by sheson

That means the output from DynDOLOD is overwritten by whatever files are in the MOs Overwrite folder. Probably from an earlier LOD generation with xLODGen without using the -o argument.

There should be really no files in MOs Overwrite folder. MO will put new files written to the "Data" folder by tools or mods into the Overwrite folder. Once they do they should be moved into a suitable mod folder.

Not a single file from the DynDOLOD output should be overwritten by anything.

So it appears by creating Overwrite as a mod and loading it everything is fixed. Even smaller issues with my LOD are gone.

Am I safe to delete the loose files in Overwrite or should I just keep it as a mod? My Creation Club mods are also stored in Overwrite for some reason.

So it appears by creating Overwrite as a mod and loading it everything is fixed. Even smaller issues with my LOD are gone.

Am I safe to delete the loose files in Overwrite or should I just keep it as a mod? My Creation Club mods are also stored in Overwrite for some reason.

If the Overwrite folder contains LOD files, which should be overwritten by the output from DynDOLOD anyways, they can be deleted, as they serve no purpose.

Typically the Overwrite folder of MO should be treated like a temporary folder. As mentioned, new files end up there after running an executable from within MO.

Typically the files should be moved into mod folders or be deleted. It entirely depends on the files and how they go there. Only you know and decide.

Ask questions how to use a specific mod manager or its features at the appropriate forum for the mod manager or refer to its documentation.

Edited by sheson