Small issue - Glitch viewable from Markarth

WDeranged

Question

6 answers to this question

The Markarth Worldspace does not use the LOD of its parent world. It has its own drastically castrated cells and land records outside the city (for performance reasons) that does not reach very far.

However, the Markarth Worldspace is set to share the persistent "Use Sky Cell" with Tamriel, which is where all models with the Is Full LOD flag reside.

the persistent cells of all worldspace that are connected through parent/child settings share it programmatically and visually.

I would be possible to add programming to the scripting to turn off certain dynamic LODs object, however I did not bother if you can not see it normally.

Another solution would be use have Markath use Tamriel for LOD like the other worldspaces. It's possible that the performance impact is not too bad for Skyrim Special Edition.

Or you could let is use its own SkyCell, though I am not entirely sure about other side effects when doing that.

Edited by sheson

"Another solution would be use have Markath use Tamriel for LOD like the other worldspaces."

I'd like to try this out and see how it goes, but my proficiency in modding is a bit patchy. To do this, can I just change the flags in the Parent section of the MarkarthWorld record in SSEEdit so that they match the flags for the other hold records, or is that entirely off base? Please forgive me if that's stupidly far off from the correct thing to do, it's just my best guess from looking at the records.

Update: I went ahead and tried it out, and that seems to have worked beautifully!! I can actually see the changes the Sky City mods makes to Markarth from outside, which is why I wanted to try it to begin with. My follow up questions though (sorry): ought I to use *all* the flags like the other enclosed holds do, or would it be better to just tick *some* of the flags (he Use LOD Data flag, obviously, and perhaps at least the Use Land Data flag)? And if I do tick Use Climate Data and Use Water Data, are there any recommendations on what settings to use? There are two options for water that have Markarth in the name, one with flow and one without. My best guess for climate was Karthspire Climate because it seemed like the most geographically relevant, but perhaps Default would be better to stick with?