• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MasterKeef

MasterKeef

Prisoner

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 01:26 PM

Hi all, I've been having trouble changing the Memory Block size in skse.ini. I've changed the DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB= to 768 and 1024 and I've changed ScrapHeapSizeMB= to 128, 256 and 512. I downloaded and ran Memory Blocks Log and after trying different values i still cant get memory block 1 to change from 256mb

This is what I got in Dragons Keep in Whiterun, I get stuck in an ILS if i try to load to an exterior

Memory Block Log

SKSE.ini

Skyrim.ini

enblocal.ini

I read (Link to what I read) that for systems with 4 gig or over, or systems with multiple GPUs, use 512 for the ReservedMemorySizeMb and no more than 4064 for the VideoMemorySizeMb. (I have two sli 4gb vram cards). I've used boris vram program and had much more than 4064, 4800ish and then minused the 350 for windows 10 (didn't seem to make a difference). I've tried steps recommended .ini's and this links .ini's

I'm stucks and I know it has to do with the memory now, thanks to memory blocks log.

p.s. I've tried the suggested preloader and crash fix but had no success

#2 Greg

Greg

Dragonborn

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:20 PM

Have you verified that skse.ini is actually named skse.ini instead of skse.ini.txt and is in the SKSE folder? If you double click the SKSE mod in Mod Organizer and click the Filetree tab, you should see a scripts and SKSE folder an skse.ini should be in the SKSE folder. If this isn't the issue, have you verified you don't have a rogue duplicate skse.ini somewhere (like in the Skyrim\Data folder)?

#3 MasterKeef

MasterKeef

Prisoner

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:29 PM

I have the hidden file extensions and folders viewable. The MO looks exactly as you said, I checked the Skyrim\Data folder and all other folders in skyrim for the skse.ini

#4 Greg

Greg

Dragonborn

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 03:31 PM

The only other thing I can think of is to verify that skse_1_9_32.dll (or the current version), skse_loader.exe, and skse_steam_loader.exe are in the Skyrim folder (e.g. \Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim). Your skse.ini appears to be correct and closely matches mine.

The statement that VideoMemorySizeMb should be capped at 4064 is for Windows 8 and Windows 10 before Microsoft fixed the DirectX 9 video memory allocation issue. If you are using Windows 7 or a current version of Windows 10, you can use pretty much up to whatever VRamSizeTest indicates is available.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users