GTX 980 expected performance for Lexy's LOTD SE?

Hi all,

New to the forum so apologies if I'm asking in the wrong place.

I recently decided to try my hand at Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn SE. I haven't modded to this extent before so I'm looking forward to the outcome!

However, I'm wondering what my expected performance might be. I've tried ENBs before and I know they're killer, but to top things off I'm also using a 4k monitor. Anytime I've tried to game at 1080p on this monitor, it actually ends up looking blurry compared to a native 1080p monitor so I was hoping to stick to 4k. Are those hopes a pipe dream, am I probably going to be forced to play at 1080p? Here's my setup...

CPU: Intel i5 3570k OC to 4.5GHz

GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified 4GB

RAM: 16GB DDR3 1833

SSD: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO

Monitor: Acer XB280HK (28", 4k 60Hz, gsync)

I know Lexy rolls a gtx 980ti 6GB but idk if she or many others have tried 4k, so I'm curious.

I've done plenty of gaming at 4k and am generally happy with it. I'd say the game that's tested it the most has been Witcher 3 which I get 25 to 35 most of the time, but I'm able to stomach it thanks to the perks of gsync and the fact that it's just so darn pretty.

I'm more just interested in how others with a similar setup have done specifically with Lexy's mod list. Hard to find that on Google with how particular it is unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I've not set up Lexy's guide, but my GTX 1060 is of similar performance to the 980 in benchmarks. I can't play at 4K due to not having a 4K monitor, but can say with a fairly modded game @1080p and using BethINI's High preset, I stay very close to 60FPS. There are a few places it drops into the low to mid 50s (like the swamp). This is without ENB, but the ENB I use is pretty lightweight too so it doesn't affect performance much. I would expect my system to be in the 30s, if ran at 4K.

I run Lexy's at 1080p on a 1070... and depending on the ENB you run the results will vary. I run Rembrandt, a bit heavier than the Franken-Phoenix that the guide recommends (I think), and I typically run FPS in the high 40s to low 50s. On a 980... well, I don't think you're gonna get up that high.

This guide is built off a GTX980TI so I have 2 extra Gigabytes of VRAM but most importantly I don't have a 4K Monitor I only have a 1080P. I barely drop below 50fps at the heavy points on my current setup.

I suspect with a 4K Monitor you'll get somewhere around 30fps there some things you can do like using lower resolutions on textures and lower settings on xLODGEN and DynDOLOD.