Issues with LoTD

DarkMaster06

Question

Well, first of all, merry christmas for all of you.

Second.. i need some help... Well, let me tell you a story about an idiot (me) that was playing a Lotd base playtrough and decided that, after 200h in game, he should add DynDolod in game. Took a while but i managed to do it. Entered the game and played more hours (without any other problem/bug/issue), until i needed to go to the Hot spring area. Open the door and i couldnt acess the Guilds house. Look around and objects dispersed in the air. Airship is still there, tough. Of course, fast traveling there won't work, you spawn south to solitude.

I checked in SSEdit and there is no conflicts :/ (i have my modlist if u want to see, but i have no idea how to add it here).

Any help is welcome.

I assume i might need to rebuild DynDolod but i'm afraid i end up the same as before :/

I also google this before, and i read a post from last year that was suggested to prid and enable some ids. Well, i can see stuff appear and disappear but, it's less than 5% of what's missing (from what i can see),because I can't even access the area.

Funny fact that one update was working, but not the building.

I asked in lotd page and they said to ask you about this :/

Tldr: I'm a idiot looking for help :(

8 answers to this question

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13118-issue-with-dyndolod-and-legacy-of-the-dragonborn

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/12662-having-issues-with-dyndolod-and-legacy-of-the-dragonborn

See the linked threads.

I do not know what "couldn't access the Guide house" means. I assume you can not access it because its door is not visible.

All that DynDOLOD does is to unset the IsFullLOD flag on the guild house and related stuff so it can be replaced by a LOD version in the distance.

You failed to mention which form ids you prid and disabled/enabled, make sure do all of them. The order should not matter.

You can also try the recycleactor on the references that are not showing, e.g. the childs of the enable parents, the objects themselves. That list could be long. If all fails, remove the overwrites.

I have the same picture as the second link. I don't have the stairs to access that area (of the house) from the hot spring, but I believe the door is there.

I prid the id's you mentioned in the second link, but it changed too little, just small pieces of wood in the air.

It's wierd for not working only her. I have custom houses in the middle of nowhere with lods, but not here :/

I don't understand the last paragraph, I'm sorry. I know what recycleactor is, but I'm not sure how to get those id's. From SSEdit?

Edited by DarkMaster06

When you look up the 4 form ids of the enable parents in xEdit, check the tab "Referenced By" at the bottom. It will list the references (at other record) being enabled by it.

I think the last one xx34311f is the most important as it lists the main building xx05D6B8 for example. So in console you can try to execute recycleactor xx05D6B8, see if that makes the building show.

You can also try if making a clean save in a building in Solitude (could even be the Museum itself), then putting the same plugins back makes a difference.

I tried this yesterday and today, all messed up. The first time today i messed with those id's but i quitted because... life (i'm not even sure i saved those changes) xD. 

Well, now i opened xEdit and was checking a things, all ok. Then i oppened the game right in hot springs. Guess what, all in place. 

Thank you very much for your support. Sorry to annoy u with something that i have no idea what caused it or even if it will stay okey. But for now, merry christmas and great holidays for you :)

Time to return for skyrim!

Huh lol. I was about to leave the game when I fast travel to the ship of lotd. Guess what? It's all messed up as it was before. This doesn't make sense to me o.O

The first code u wrote make some stuff appear and disappear but the second one doesn't do anything with enable/disable or recycleactor :/

Edited by DarkMaster06

There is no reason for full models to randomly change if they show or not show. It depends on their enable parent if they show. References with enable parents can not be enabled/disabled seperately.

The dynamic LOD from DynDOLOD is not changing the enable parent or the full models but only independent LOD models. The DynDOLOD plugin only unsets the IsFullLOD flag of the full models and nothing else.

As I already suggested, do a clean save in a interior in Solitude, check if this sorts out anything or if all else fails, remove those overwrites from the DynDOLOD plugin.

Look, thank you for your help. Is this to enjoy christmas for you. 

I loaded the game to save in safe house and everything was, again fine.

In the next month i'll probably change the trees from SBT to something else. That day i'll generate new lods and do a clean save.

Thank you for your support and help! 

I must admit it, DynDolod let's you make great screenshots!