Photo

Is S.T.E.P. still the go-to guide for modding?

Best Answer Shadriss , 26 December 2018 - 11:16 AM

Move-ing? I'm pretty sure it's long since mov-ed at this point... I honestly can't think of any reason not to be on SSE now instead of SLE... the memory allocation problems that SSE solved makes it a clear choice, but to each their own, I guess.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mackhan

Mackhan

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 05:31 AM

I haven't played skyrim in a long time and I want to give it another go with my brand new rig, so I will heavily mod it. I used to follow S.T.E.P. but I think it hasn't been updated for some time. So I am asking if it is still good? And if not, is there an alternative?

#2 Shadriss

Shadriss

High King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 10:53 AM

STEP will be updating in the relatively near future... the 3.0 guide is in the last bits of preparation, last I heard. No idea when it will actually drop, but it is on it's way. As to using 2.10 (current version), it's still mostly doable... There's a few threads hanging around that talk about some of the issues some of the other users have run into in recent months.

In short, it's still a good guide if you consider that it is just that - a guide.

#3 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,568 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 11:09 AM

Currently, all the Guides I've ran across for Skyrim LE are a bit dated. Everyone seems to be moving to Skyrim SE.

#4 Shadriss

Shadriss

High King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 11:16 AM   Best Answer

Move-ing? I'm pretty sure it's long since mov-ed at this point... I honestly can't think of any reason not to be on SSE now instead of SLE... the memory allocation problems that SSE solved makes it a clear choice, but to each their own, I guess.

#5 Mackhan

Mackhan

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 01:50 PM

STEP will be updating in the relatively near future... the 3.0 guide is in the last bits of preparation, last I heard. No idea when it will actually drop, but it is on it's way. As to using 2.10 (current version), it's still mostly doable... There's a few threads hanging around that talk about some of the issues some of the other users have run into in recent months.

In short, it's still a good guide if you consider that it is just that - a guide.

thankyou so much!!

Edited by TechAngel85, 26 December 2018 - 07:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users