Photo

When should I use DDSopt????

Best Answer TechAngel85 , 28 December 2018 - 01:52 PM

You don't need to use DDSopt anymore. We provide optimized vanilla files for you. There are also several mods on Nexus that do the same, but ours is specific to the STEP Guide.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Madysepanganahi

Madysepanganahi

Prisoner

• Banned
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 07:54 AM

So I'm completely new to STEP and am confused about when to use DDSopt.  It says that the utility can be used at any time after a certain step in the guide (forget where I saw that), but that's pretty general.  Should I use it on the vanilla textures right after installation?  Should I go through the entire guide and use it on both vanilla and modded textures afterward?  Can I go through the guide and use it on modded textures only and be okay?  Help?

#2 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,570 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 01:52 PM   Best Answer

You don't need to use DDSopt anymore. We provide optimized vanilla files for you. There are also several mods on Nexus that do the same, but ours is specific to the STEP Guide.

#3 Madysepanganahi

Madysepanganahi

Prisoner

• Banned
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 02:26 PM

So I'm completely new to STEP and am confused about when to use DDSopt.  It says that the utility can be used at any time after a certain step in the guide (forget where I saw that), but that's pretty general.  Should I use it on the vanilla textures right after installation?  Should I go through the entire guide and use it on both vanilla and modded textures afterward?  Can I go through the guide and use it on modded textures only and be okay?  Help?

my issue got solved!!

Moderation: Removed spam links

Edited by Greg, 28 December 2018 - 03:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users