MO2 gets stuck while loading Skyrim.

ABabyDeer

Question

Hi guys, MO2 has been giving me lots of trouble recently and i've been trying multiple forums and threads to fix it and just can't seem to get this frustrating problem to resolve.

Essentially, I have moved all my game files and MO2 files to my Documents folder, I have a brand new instance no mods just dlc and the game, I have my AV disabled, Reinstalled tg=he game and MO2 Twice, and I've even ran it in Admin once before to see if that would work, the problem at hand is that when i start the Skyrim.exe or SkyrimLauncher.exe from the MO2, they do literally nothing. When I launch SKSE it works but only up to the command prompt running, it gives me no writing and its just the black box and that's it, When I check the logs only the Mo_interface log has anything on it, so the usvfs logs remain blank, I can also post those as needed, is this a problem with the ui? or have I made a mistake.

5 answers to this question

You need to run SkyrimLauncher once from Steam to setup the registry entries for the new game path. Do not run SkyrimLauncher from Mod Organizer for this initial setup. Once you've done this, run Mod Organizer to verify the game path is correct. To do this, run Mod Organizer and select the appropriate instance if you are using Instance mode. Click the screwdriver/wrench icon from the toolbar at the top left, click the Paths tab, and verify the Base Directory at the top is correct for Mod Organizer and the Managed Game path at the bottom is correct for Skyrim (it should be something like C:/Steam/SteamApps/common/Skyrim/TESV.exe for Skyrim LE).

Still no luck, here are my directory paths just in case i've gone and fluffed something up

(In Order this is my MO2 Dir, and Managed game)

C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/ModOrganizer/GG

C:/Users/User/OneDrive/Documents/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim Special Edition/skyrimse.exe

Everything else is commanded towards base directory

Edited by ABabyDeer

Post the MO2 logs:

To access the log files you can press the Open folder icon over the modlist and select "Open MO2 Logs folder". You should close MO2 before sending or examining the logs as they are finished writing only after the program is closed. You should always send the mo_interface.log file as that one contains the general information of your setup, for the usvfs log, you should upload the latest one if the issue is about programs started through Mo2. You can drag and drop the logs directly on discord to send them (tip: zip them if they are too big).

unknown.png

If you use a backup system recently a bug was discovered that prevents Bethesda games from reading loose files, you should be aware of this bug as it may be affecting your game.