STEP 3.0 Development Progress - January 2019

TechAngel85

Hail!

Sorry, but i may just be lost but.

Wasn't the Step 3.0.0 would be the last Skyrim LE guide, and then everything going foward would be SSE

Because, the guide right now, at the Wiki front page (https://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:3.0.0)  seems to be the SE one.

Have i just lost my mind and got a little crazy and STEP 2.10.10 was going to be the last Skyrim LE guide? 

Sorry if it's been answeard before, just couldn't find it >_> May just be a potato

TechAngel was kind enough tp pre-releas STEP 3.0 for SSE. It was suposed to be released first when the new site is up as i understand it. So see it as an bonus.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TechAngel was kind enough tp pre-releas STEP 3.0 for SSE. It was suposed to be released first when the new site is up as i understand it. So see it as an bonus.

Ohhh oukidouki!

So, i'm just beeing lost and kind of a potato again hehe.

Anyway, it's awesome the work of this community!

I'm planning, as soon as STEP for LE and the SE editions are fully released, to prepare some video series for Brazillain users, that doesn't speak english very well! 

Hail!

Sorry, but i may just be lost but.

Wasn't the Step 3.0.0 would be the last Skyrim LE guide, and then everything going foward would be SSE

Because, the guide right now, at the Wiki front page (https://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:3.0.0)  seems to be the SE one.

Have i just lost my mind and got a little crazy and STEP 2.10.10 was going to be the last Skyrim LE guide? 

Sorry if it's been answeard before, just couldn't find it >_> May just be a potato

No, you are correct. STEP LE Core and STEP LE Extended v3.0.0 will be the last release of the LE Guides, barring necessary bug fixes. Those Guides will be released with the rest of STEP 3.0.

We decided to release a beta of the STEP SE Core Guide because it's what users were asking for. It's in beta until the STEP 3.0 release, when it will be officially released as STEP SE Core v1.0 on the new platform. This also allows users to help us refine the Guide before it's official release. All updates will be done in-place, on the current Guide so users should check the changelog from time to time. I'll bump up the version number on the title from time to time, as well, to notify users after several changes stack up.

• 3 weeks later...

The transition towards the SE was expected for some time now, wasn't it? Seeing the end of the line coming for STEP LE and the Wiki design, I think this is the proper time to thank the staff behind STEP and all the other modding guides hosted on this site. Really guys, your work is very much appreciated.

You probably cannot realize just how long it took me to finally be able to enjoy Skyrim and your work was pivotal for the fulfillment of my goal, as it took me years to collect the money for a rig that can run Skyrim properly and was then delayed by real life. But your site was always there, keeping my interest in Skyrim and the Fallout series alive, hoping that one day I will be playing them. And your FNV and Skyrim (STEP, STEP Packs, Neovalen's Guide) guides made modding them (because, to be honest, the vanilla games are a buggy mix of great ideas and even greater design oversights) an easy and even thrilling experience.

For all of this, thank you! I will not be joining on the SE bandwagon for the time being, because I've only finished installing STEP 2.10 in October and I don't really see the point of buying the same game once again, but I will undoubtedly stick around. Hopefully the Fallout 3 guide will be stored somewhere on the new site, and who knows, in a few years' time, we might have STEP: TESVI (unless it's a total disappointment, like Fallout 4, but that's going off-topic)?

P.S. Forgot to mention that this site helped me decide on my hardware setup, saving me a lot of time and optimizing my expenses on the rig. You rock!

@Majorman

Thanks for the kind words! We're glad we've helped. Yes, the SE guide has been about 2 years overdue.

We'll have the Fallout guides on the new site if we have someone to keep them up, but we haven't ported them over yet for that reason. STEP LE and SE guides are there now though.

In the patches section, instructions for kryptopyr's patches states to install a couple of patches related to TCIY. But we have not downloaded that mod in STEP SE CORE. Am I missing something? I had done a fresh step se core install a few weeks back so I might not be aware of the changes in the guide later on.

In the patches section, instructions for kryptopyr's patches states to install a couple of patches related to TCIY. But we have not downloaded that mod in STEP SE CORE. Am I missing something? I had done a fresh step se core install a few weeks back so I might not be aware of the changes in the guide later on.

Must be those mods (Book Covers Skyrim and The Choice Is Yours) are planned to be added to the guide in the future.  I've already added those mods to my install.

Yeah, it's for a future release. The beta Guide is being updated live, for the time being. Just ignore any oddities. I will try to push out the next release by next weekend. All this work, I'm just trying to retain the motivation to keep push through it.

Yeah, it's for a future release. The beta Guide is being updated live, for the time being. Just ignore any oddities. I will try to push out the next release by next weekend. All this work, I'm just trying to retain the motivation to keep push through it.

Please take it at your own time Tech, I'm pretty sure most of us can appraceciate (hopefully) and make a good guess as to how much work is involved. Would rather see you take it at your own pace then overwork yourself. Don't misconstrue anticipation for impatience ::D:

• 2 months later...

Looking forward to it as well !

I took a big break from Skyrim circa 2015. Special Edition certainly sounded interesting, but I realised that it would take months for resources such as SKSE, S.T.E.P. and maybe some key mods such as SkyUI to be redone and polished.

Now that I feel like playing again, I'm more than five years out of date. I could waste days and days relearning everything I've forgotten or misremember. Or I could wait a bit more for to have the tested, well-explained, coherent, up-to-date S.T.E.P. guide teach me how to get back in the saddle without wasting time and effort.

Archived