DynDOLOD Atlas Generation Issues

Drakonem

Question

Hello, I know there have been several posts in the past about issues with generation of Aspen LOD (trees appearing bare.) I have gone through them all thrice and still have not been able to resolve the issue of their LOD being bare.

I've checked several things already: the textures are included in the "textures used" file located in the cache. The textures of the aspen (treeaspenbranchcomplod01-04) have no issues. Their texture paths are normal. I have installed the latest version of DynDOLOD and the accompanying resources. All my LOD works besides from these aspens.

I don't know how my LOD could work and this be the case, but my atlas files look like this, with a weird grain:

rOQrcwE.jpg

I... honestly have no clue what's going on. Tried generating w/o mods (textures, etc.) enabled. Same issue. Since the tree textures themselves don't have any problems, I'm thinking I must have screwed something up with DynDOLOD itself. I'm at my wits end here.

EDIT: Even looking through the grain in the DynDOLOD_Flat_Atlas_Tamriel00.dds, it does appear that the Aspen textures are missing from the atlas files... odd.

EDIT2: To be clear, I am using Ultra Trees.

Edited by Drakonem

3 answers to this question

It looks like you might be using a tool that does not support the BC7 format to view the atlas. The texture is most likely perfectly fine when viewed with a program that supports BC7.

Since you already found the suggestion what to do I am not really sure what else to say?

The EVT Aspen LOD trees currently use the textures for the leafs directly from its mod, not from the flat atlas. You need to update or replace the files in Textures\lod\treeaspenbranchcomplod0*.dds of EVT

Edited by sheson

It looks like you might be using a tool that does not support the BC7 format to view the atlas. The texture is most likely perfectly fine when viewed with a program that supports BC7.

Since you already found the suggestion what to do I am not really sure what else to say?

The EVT Aspen LOD trees currently use the textures for the leafs directly from its mod, not from the flat atlas. You need to update or replace the files in Textures\lod\treeaspenbranchcomplod0*.dds of EVT

Yeah, that makes more sense. I opened the atlas up with a DDS plugin from GIMP and they looked fine.

Thank you for linking the suggestion. I actually found different suggestions from a few months ago and missed that one somehow. Regenerating the mipmaps with GIMP fixed it, and the trees look beautiful.

Thank you for helping me!

Here's a screengrab:elhxfx6.jpg

I have also posted this bug to the EVT bugs tab on the Nexus, so hopefully you won't have to deal with this problem that's not even from your mod again anytime soon.

Once again, thank you. I would give you something, but you already have my firstborn.

Edited by Drakonem