• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Drakonem

Drakonem

Prisoner

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:45 PM

The LOD for the Solstheim Mushrooms (DLC2Mushroomtree...) is abhorrent. The Vanilla LOD models match nowhere near close to the full. (done on high mesh rules)

I was able to fix it by making my own mesh rules in DynDOLOD, but for the future maybe DynDOLOD could come prepackaged with hybrid mushrooms (don't know if that's possible or needed.) Or new mushroom rules could be added to the mesh rules index.

Just thought you might be interested in this topic.

Cheers,

Drakonem

#2 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,532 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:47 AM

The vanilla LOD models in meshes\dlc02\lod\mushroomtrees\*.nif are already 3D. There is no use making any part a flat billboard/hybrid.

#3 Drakonem

Drakonem

Prisoner

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:27 PM

Right, so no need for that. But the LOD models still run into the problem of being horrible matches for the actual mushroom trees, for whatever reason. I don't know if the LOD models carry over scale, so that could be the reason. I noticed they made scale changes to individual mushrooms references.

Either way, it can be fixed by adding a few mesh rules.

Just wanted to take this time to say thank you for all the effort you take into improving your tools and replying to support so quickly.

Edited by Drakonem, 12 January 2019 - 04:29 PM.

#4 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,532 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 03:38 AM

The scale of references is applied to each model in the LOD so it matches the width and height.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users