Hiya. I'm trying to get FNV running on a newly-built Windows 10 system. Since there's a lot of info, put it in terse format...
OS: Windows 10 Home, v1809, build 17763.253
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x
GPU: MSI GTX 1080t
FNV version: 18.104.22.1685 purchased from GOG
4GB Patch: not installed by me, GOG ships game with it applied
(1) Insta-CTD -- no sound, no window opens, nothing happens
(2) Brief CTD -- Game window opens, stays black for a few seconds, then CTD. No sound/music
(2) Zombie mode -- Sound & music, load game screen functions normally. Select a save or "continue" & run. Game runs at about 1 frame per second. No sound output. Mouse & kbd input minimally responsive -- 5-10 seconds of lag.
Method of launching game
FalloutNV.exe -- Brief-CTD
FalloutNVLauncher.exe -- opens launcher, music, Then Insta-CTD when I run game
nvse_loader.exe -- Zombie Mode
Anything -- Insta-CTD
- Mod Organizer, probably. Similar issues occur whether I run the game through M.O. or bypass it.
- NVSE. Identical behavior regardless of whether NVSE is loaded.
- ENB. I was seeing the same thing before I installed ENB.
- Am I sure NVSE is loading? Yes. I ran GetNVSEVersion in the console and it returned "5".
How am I running the game at all?
I grinded through Zombie Mode until I was out of Doc Mitchell's house, then created a save.
A weird thing
fallout.ini keeps getting set to read-only.
If I run the game from the install dir (without M.O.) this one gets set to read-only...
[HOME DIR]\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\Fallout.ini
If I run it from M.O., then M.O.'s copy in my profile gets set to read-only. Then I try to run the game again via M.O., & M.O. errors out with "failed to set archive key."
If I set it to editable & run the game, it changes to read-only.
If anyone could tell me any idea of a troubleshooting step to try, I would be grateful.