Photo

Flickering water LOD (Skyrim SE, no mods, only SSELODGen)

Best Answer Shadriss , 28 January 2019 - 10:34 AM

The thread he was trying to link to is here... though I'm not sure which specific post, and it's a LONG thread. A search within that thread might help you find what you are looking for.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zafirbel

Zafirbel

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 12:34 PM

Hello

I'm experiencing quite severe flickering from distant water when for example looking down from The Throat of the World. The flickering appears at the water's edge only. I found a post on Reddit which describes my problem, and someone suggested there that it's z-fighting between shallow terrain LOD and the water LOD. He or she suggests generating higher resolution terrain LOD meshes with xLODGen (which I have done with SSELODGen - max texture size 1024, but it doesn't help). He or she also links to a thread here on the STEP forums regarding an option to "optimize unseen", but the link in question doesn't work.

Here's the Reddit post: https://www.reddit.c...ce_flickering/ 

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might go about fixing this issue? I would very much appreciate any help.

PS: I use BethIni for optimized INI settings.

#2 Shadriss

Shadriss

High King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 10:34 AM   Best Answer

The thread he was trying to link to is here... though I'm not sure which specific post, and it's a LONG thread. A search within that thread might help you find what you are looking for.

#3 Zafirbel

Zafirbel

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:27 PM

Thanks! Found what I was looking for by searching for "water" and "flickering". :)

#4 Shadriss

Shadriss

High King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 10:01 AM

Here to support.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users