plugin boxes unchecking

gr4474

Question

A) Assuming MO1/MO2 here?

B) Everything on the right is getting unchecked? Every last plugin, not just the new ones you installed?

C) Haven't seen this kind of behavior myself, so a step-by-step method of recreation may be helpful to others to try and troubleshoot the issue.

Yes sorry, MO2.  It just happens when I install a mod that has been downloaded from nexus.  I move it in the left pane...then also move it in the right pane.  You know what, that is probably what is doing it...moving it in the LEFT pane.  

Yes sorry, MO2.  It just happens when I install a mod that has been downloaded from nexus.  I move it in the left pane...then also move it in the right pane.  You know what, that is probably what is doing it...moving it in the LEFT pane.  

Ok I was wrong.  I just confirmed that it unchecks without moving anything in the left.  I installed and checked the left box, and bam all are unchecked on the right except for the new mod I just installed. 

Oh great.  I just checked all the boxes so I could play, started the game.  I got a warning with a huge list of mods not installed, so I closed to find them all unchecked...when I just checked them.  Please somebody

Edited by gr4474

Definitely not the correct or expected behavior. Where do you have everything installed at, and (as a shot in the dark here) what kind of drive are these locations on (SSD/HDD)?

My thinking here has to do with overly aggressive AV or possibly UAC (more likely the latter at the moment) preventing MO from making changes, so that when MO refreshes, the boxes go back to un-selected. I haven't actually seen or heard of this happening before, but we have to start from somewhere.

I installed it in my second HDD hard drive, in the steam common folder along with all the games.  My C: drive is SSD. Maybe a save for profiles and reinstall?  Thanks

Under Setting/Profiles sorry, under: Profile/Manage ...I have "Use profile-specific Game INI Files" checked.  Is that right?

Edited by gr4474

Yeah, checking "Use profile-specific Game INI Files" is correct but I'm wondering if this issue may be because it's in the Steam folder. I know Mod Organizer's virtual file system has issues (and doesn't work properly) if it's installed in the game folder and I'm a little wary of installing stuff in the Steam folder. You might try Mod Organizer in something like D:\Games or D:\Tools away from Steam to see if this helps.

Yeah, checking "Use profile-specific Game INI Files" is correct but I'm wondering if this issue may be because it's in the Steam folder. I know Mod Organizer's virtual file system has issues (and doesn't work properly) if it's installed in the game folder and I'm a little wary of installing stuff in the Steam folder. You might try Mod Organizer in something like D:\Games or D:\Tools away from Steam to see if this helps.

This. There's plenty of guides out there that say, specifically, not to install MO into the game folder. Many of those same guides recommend not having them in the Steam folder as well. I keep it in C:/Skyrim Tools (along with, amazingly enough, all my other modding tools...) for this very reason. I'd give this a try (you should be able to drag/drop MO to a new location and run it from there, though you may need to redirect the profiles path) as your next step, and see if it doesn't fix the behavior.

Ok so I moved the MO to a new Tools folder.  SKSE now loads through steam to the original game launcher.  I checked the executables for both SKSE and Skyrim SE (just in case) and they are all right.  I checked the profiles path under Setting/Paths, and it all is right.  I'm missing something, but can't imagine what.