DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Thanks and I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough, I'm doing 3d lods (treelod=0). As it turns out, I was careless with billboard overwrites because I still have in my subconscious the idea that I get full 3d lod models all the way and billboards are therefore unnecessary, but I know that to be wrong. I'm only sure that lod4 has full 3d models (as long as the mesh is recongnized in your CRC check and there's an available model in DynDOLOD Resources or provided elsewhere), not sure if lod8 has them as well or if it's already billboards there. Lod16 and lod32 are probably always billboards and my problem was fixed by hiding the billboards from SFO that didn't correspond to the trees I have installed, and making new lods.

The second to last "tree" rule is usually Billboards for LOD level 8 and 16. Normally there is no LOD level 32 for object LOD, but it can be used (described in the ultra tree LOD manual in case a user doesn't like trees on the map).  Using 3D models in the higher LOD level would probably crush performance really hard for no useful real visual gain.

Just look closely at the look and the billboard.dds file name and path listed for LOD8/16 and make sure those files visually match the trees.

Edited by sheson

Sheson, on my last DynDO run with ultra trees I got this for Enhanced Landscapes' dead marsh pines:

3AM_deadpine01 [TREE:3F0047AC] meshes\3amtrees\3amt_deadpine01.nif
Billboard found, new tree, 3D LOD not found <3amt_deadpine01_86B23A10> fallback Billboard
LOD4: textures\terrain\lodgen\world encounter addon patches merged.esp\3amt_deadpine01_000047ac.dds using internal
LOD8: textures\terrain\lodgen\world encounter addon patches merged.esp\3amt_deadpine01_000047ac.dds using internal
LOD16: textures\terrain\lodgen\world encounter addon patches merged.esp\3amt_deadpine01_000047ac.dds using internal
  3AM_deadpine02 [TREE:3F0047AD] meshes\3amtrees\3amt_deadpine02.nif
Billboard found, new tree, 3D LOD not found <3amt_deadpine02_E672E8F1> fallback Billboard
LOD4: textures\terrain\lodgen\world encounter addon patches merged.esp\3amt_deadpine02_000047ad.dds using internal
LOD8: textures\terrain\lodgen\world encounter addon patches merged.esp\3amt_deadpine02_000047ad.dds using internal
LOD16: textures\terrain\lodgen\world encounter addon patches merged.esp\3amt_deadpine02_000047ad.dds using internal
  3AM_deadpine03 [TREE:3F0047AE] meshes\3amtrees\3amt_deadpine03.nif
Billboard found, new tree, 3D LOD not found <3amt_deadpine03_F3FCB0B9> fallback Billboard
LOD4: textures\terrain\lodgen\world encounter addon patches merged.esp\3amt_deadpine03_000047ae.dds using internal
LOD8: textures\terrain\lodgen\world encounter addon patches merged.esp\3amt_deadpine03_000047ae.dds using internal
LOD16: textures\terrain\lodgen\world encounter addon patches merged.esp\3amt_deadpine03_000047ae.dds using internal
  bskCyrodilBushLarge2 [TREE:0B6011D1] meshes\bstamriel\landscape\trees\bskcyrodilbushlarge2.nif

LOD4: textures\terrain\lodgen\world encounter addon patches merged.esp\3amt_deadpine03_000047ae.dds using internal LOD8: textures\terrain\lodgen\world encounter addon patches merged.esp\3amt_deadpine03_000047ae.dds using internal LOD16: textures\terrain\lodgen\world encounter addon patches merged.esp\3amt_deadpine03_000047ae.dds using internal

However, Aceeq did include 3d lods for these trees:

Directory of F:\MO2\mods\1201 Enhanced Landscapes Main File v1.65-18162-1-65 ALT\meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees

08/02/2019  21:34    <DIR>          .
08/02/2019  21:34    <DIR>          ..
02/08/2018  12:26           132,194 3amt_deadpine01_382e15aepassthru_lod.nif
02/08/2018  12:26           131,926 3amt_deadpine02_22d68c50passthru_lod.nif
02/08/2018  12:26           124,536 3amt_deadpine03_5aec8036passthru_lod.nif
02/08/2018  12:25            49,840 3am_deadscotspine1_f7854d0bpassthru_lod.nif
02/08/2018  12:25            42,918 3am_deadscotspine1_short_03ad8923passthru_lod.nif
02/08/2018  12:26            38,722 3am_deadscotspine4_8c48ef29passthru_lod.nif

They seem to be installed in the correct folder but the 8 digits before passthru_lod.nif don't seem to match what DynDOLOD is looking for. Should I rename the nifs from the log, like this:

Billboard found, new tree, 3D LOD not found <3amt_deadpine01_86B23A10> fallback Billboard -------> rename 3amt_deadpine01_382e15aepassthru_lod.nif to 3amt_deadpine01_86B23A10passthru_lod.nif

... and so on?

Edited by godescalcus

Sheson, on my last DynDO run with ultra trees I got this for Enhanced Landscapes' dead marsh pines:

3AM_deadpine01 [TREE:3F0047AC] meshes\3amtrees\3amt_deadpine01.nif
Billboard found, new tree, 3D LOD not found fallback Billboard
LOD4: textures\terrain\lodgen\world encounter addon patches merged.esp\3amt_deadpine01_000047ac.dds using internal
LOD8: textures\terrain\lodgen\world encounter addon patches merged.esp\3amt_deadpine01_000047ac.dds using internal
LOD16: textures\terrain\lodgen\world encounter addon patches merged.esp\3amt_deadpine01_000047ac.dds using internal
  3AM_deadpine02 [TREE:3F0047AD] meshes\3amtrees\3amt_deadpine02.nif
LOD4: textures\terrain\lodgen\world encounter addon patches merged.esp\3amt_deadpine02_000047ad.dds using internal
LOD8: textures\terrain\lodgen\world encounter addon patches merged.esp\3amt_deadpine02_000047ad.dds using internal
LOD16: textures\terrain\lodgen\world encounter addon patches merged.esp\3amt_deadpine02_000047ad.dds using internal
  3AM_deadpine03 [TREE:3F0047AE] meshes\3amtrees\3amt_deadpine03.nif
LOD4: textures\terrain\lodgen\world encounter addon patches merged.esp\3amt_deadpine03_000047ae.dds using internal
LOD8: textures\terrain\lodgen\world encounter addon patches merged.esp\3amt_deadpine03_000047ae.dds using internal
LOD16: textures\terrain\lodgen\world encounter addon patches merged.esp\3amt_deadpine03_000047ae.dds using internal
  bskCyrodilBushLarge2 [TREE:0B6011D1] meshes\bstamriel\landscape\trees\bskcyrodilbushlarge2.nif

LOD4: textures\terrain\lodgen\world encounter addon patches merged.esp\3amt_deadpine03_000047ae.dds using internal LOD8: textures\terrain\lodgen\world encounter addon patches merged.esp\3amt_deadpine03_000047ae.dds using internal LOD16: textures\terrain\lodgen\world encounter addon patches merged.esp\3amt_deadpine03_000047ae.dds using internal

However, Aceeq did include 3d lods for these trees:

Directory of F:\MO2\mods\1201 Enhanced Landscapes Main File v1.65-18162-1-65 ALT\meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees

08/02/2019  21:34    <DIR>          .
08/02/2019  21:34    <DIR>          ..
02/08/2018  12:26           132,194 3amt_deadpine01_382e15aepassthru_lod.nif
02/08/2018  12:26           131,926 3amt_deadpine02_22d68c50passthru_lod.nif
02/08/2018  12:26           124,536 3amt_deadpine03_5aec8036passthru_lod.nif
02/08/2018  12:25            49,840 3am_deadscotspine1_f7854d0bpassthru_lod.nif
02/08/2018  12:25            42,918 3am_deadscotspine1_short_03ad8923passthru_lod.nif
02/08/2018  12:26            38,722 3am_deadscotspine4_8c48ef29passthru_lod.nif

They seem to be installed in the correct folder but the 8 digits before passthru_lod.nif don't seem to match what DynDOLOD is looking for. Should I rename the nifs from the log, like this:

Billboard found, new tree, 3D LOD not found fallback Billboard -------> rename 3amt_deadpine01_382e15aepassthru_lod.nif to 3amt_deadpine01_86B23A10passthru_lod.nif

... and so on?

The new CRC32 is probably because the full model NIFs were converted to the new Skyrim Special Edition format (most likely unnecessarily, too). If they are the correct LOD models and match visually then copy them to the new expected filenames.

Read the DynDOLOD\Docs\trees.ultra\tools\DynDOLOD_CreateStaticTree.html to learn more about the CRC32 and the filename conventions for 3D tree LOD models.

There is no such thing as the "correct" folders. There are only unique filenames. A simple convention Bethesda adheres to. Matching object LOD models are found and used in all subfolders of data/meshes - with a couple of defined exceptions because of mods not adhering to the convention. More detail can be found in DynDOLOD_Mod_Authors.html

Edited by sheson

I've just realized that those meshes are not from Enhanced Landscapes - they're the same trees, but used by The Grey Cowl of Nocturnal. The fun part is that it's the same mesh, checked in nifskope, the same texture, no scaling of mesh or other edits. Like you said, it's likely that one of them was converted and the other wasn't. The funny thing is, if I copy Aceeq's mesh over Manny's, i'll probably have those trees with 3d lods too, an unexpected bonus.

Edited by godescalcus

Hi Sheson, is there a source reading for how to replace the 3D trunk by a 2D flat version when creating static tree meshes for ultra trees?

I've successfully ran LODGEN.exe to create the static models but wanted to take the extra step for greater optimization and convert the trunk mesh into two intersecting planes. I suppose I'll need to create two intersecting planes (have no idea how to do it and I hope blender or any other tool besides nifskope isn't involved, but if it is... sigh... one more tool to learn. Then grab textures of just the trunk similarly to generating billboards an link them to the planes in nifskope?

If I could hack another model's planes to fit their size to the trunk textures without using blender or any other complicated tool, how great that would be. Or maybe create a .bto lod with lodgen using only the trunk textures as billboards and the correct size text file, then convert that to nif and add the branches?...

Edited by godescalcus

Hi Sheson, is there a source reading for how to replace the 3D trunk by a 2D flat version when creating static tree meshes for ultra trees?

I've successfully ran LODGEN.exe to create the static models but wanted to take the extra step for greater optimization and convert the trunk mesh into two intersecting planes. I suppose I'll need to create two intersecting planes (have no idea how to do it and I hope blender or any other tool besides nifskope isn't involved, but if it is... sigh... one more tool to learn. Then grab textures of just the trunk similarly to generating billboards an link them to the planes in nifskope?

If I could hack another model's planes to fit their size to the trunk textures without using blender or any other complicated tool, how great that would be. Or maybe create a .bto lod with lodgen using only the trunk textures as billboards and the correct size text file, then convert that to nif and add the branches?...

The easiest method is to find an existing 3D LOD model that has a similar 2D trunk that matches, then use NifSkope to copy that over.

If the texture needs to be updated, that is the same process as creating a billboard texture, just without the leafs which you can simply remove in NifSkope before taking the screenshot.

The x, y, z values and UV of the 4 corners are easy enough to change in NifSkope too. The 4 UV points of a single billboard texture are usually just 0,0; 0,1; 1,0 and 1,1.

The minimum/maximum x, y, z you can get from the full model trunk, similar to what is explained in Tree LOD Billboard Creation : Start to Finish - Custom Tree Dimensions

Sheson, other Dyndolod friends,

1) I've successfully run DyndoLOD for the first time.

2) I RMOTM (read most of the manuals) and don't have a firstborn to offer, but AM a moderately experienced modder with a pretty heavy, overall quite stable load order (420 odd+ mods)

3) I understand that you could use feedback from users with heavier mod orders for some more "thorough" testing and am happy to help!

4) Is there anything in specific that would be useful for me to look for other than the obvious flickering, popping, inconsistent textures, etc.?

5) If/when I find something, is this thread still the best place for it, or do you have a place you would rather have me put feedback for more "heavy" beta testing (aka... maybe specifically trying to break things and find out why)

Cheers!

Kell

Edited by KellSwiftfire

Sheson, other Dyndolod friends,

1) I've successfully run DyndoLOD for the first time.

2) I RMOTM (read most of the manuals) and don't have a firstborn to offer, but AM a moderately experienced modder with a pretty heavy, overall quite stable load order (420 odd+ mods)

3) I understand that you could use feedback from users with heavier mod orders for some more "thorough" testing and am happy to help!

4) Is there anything in specific that would be useful for me to look for other than the obvious flickering, popping, inconsistent textures, etc.?

5) If/when I find something, is this thread still the best place for it, or do you have a place you would rather have me put feedback for more "heavy" beta testing (aka... maybe specifically trying to break things and find out why)

Cheers!

Kell

Check first post: Skyrim SE/VR BETA - What to test

Also check for mods requiring special attention. For example when you can walked right up to LOD objects up close in or around the walled cities. Incomplete LOD, for example a mod adds a new home, but parts of it are missing LOD because not all of the used assets have LOD models.

You can post in this thread or make a new one.

I'm facing a weird issue. On entering Shalidor's Maze when I approach the burnt corpse, the staves do not float out of the ground. On using tcl one can see that the staves are still present below the ground.

Disabling dyndolod from my load order fixed it. Can anyone help as to why this is happening ?

I'm facing a weird issue. On entering Shalidor's Maze when I approach the burnt corpse, the staves do not float out of the ground. On using tcl one can see that the staves are still present below the ground.

Disabling dyndolod from my load order fixed it. Can anyone help as to why this is happening ?

Something like this can happen when a mod uses the staves for something else and then receive LOD and DynDOLOD updates the base records flags.

Look up the base records in xEdit and see if they are changed by a DynDOLOD plugin. For a test just remove the overwrite from the DynDOLOD plugin.

Check the Referenced by list and let me know all plugins that use them so I can try to reproduce and maybe handle such cases automatically in the future.

If you need help or more detailed instructions with what I wrote above, let me know. I can explain that in more detail if needed.

Edited by sheson

Something like this can happen when a mod uses the staves for something else and then receive LOD and DynDOLOD updates the base records flags.

Look up the base records in xEdit and see if they are changed by a DynDOLOD plugin. For a test just remove the overwrite from the DynDOLOD plugin.

Check the Referenced by list and let me know all plugins that use them so I can try to reproduce and maybe handle such cases automatically in the future.

If you need help or more detailed instructions with what I wrote above, let me know. I can explain that in more detail if needed.

Thanks a lot for the quick response ! :)

Checking up on the form id of the staves and associated references, I noticed that USSEP changed postion (XYZ coordinates) of the staves. However in the "referenced by" tab I found no mention of Dyndolod.

Looking into labyrinthworld worldspace of dyndolod.esp I found records like "Thou shalt bow to me...". I am not entirely sure how to find if these records are changed by dyndolod. It would be really helpful if you could elaborate.

Thanks a lot for the quick response ! :)

Checking up on the form id of the staves and associated references, I noticed that USSEP changed postion (XYZ coordinates) of the staves. However in the "referenced by" tab I found no mention of Dyndolod.

Looking into labyrinthworld worldspace of dyndolod.esp I found records like "Thou shalt bow to me...". I am not entirely sure how to find if these records are changed by dyndolod. It would be really helpful if you could elaborate.

Well if non of the DynDOLOD plugins change the base record or the references of the staves then it is a bit more mysterious how DynDOLOD would be changing their behavior.

Can you let me know the form id of the base record and the list of any non-vanilla plugins in its referenced by?

If you have reference (the record placing the object into the world), CTRL+Click on the entry in the row NAME - Base to switch view to the base record (the record defining the model)

Edited by sheson

Well if non of the DynDOLOD plugins change the base record or the references of the staves then it is a bit more mysterious how DynDOLOD would be changing their behavior.

Can you let me know the form id of the base record and the list of any non-vanilla plugins in its referenced by?

If you have reference (the record placing the object into the world), CTRL+Click on the entry in the row NAME - Base to switch view to the base record (the record defining the model)

00F98C8, 00F98C9, 00F98CA, 00F98CB are the form-ids of the placement of staves into labyrinth. They are only referenced by skyrim.esm and ussep.

Ctrl+click on the entry shows labyrinthinMazeWorld getting edited by both ussep and dyndolod.

00F98C8, 00F98C9, 00F98CA, 00F98CB are the form-ids of the placement of staves into labyrinth. They are only referenced by skyrim.esm and ussep.

Ctrl+click on the entry shows labyrinthinMazeWorld getting edited by both ussep and dyndolod.

Are you saying DynDOLOD has an overwrite for CELL F2CAB LabyrinthianMaze?

How do you make the connection between those 4 form ids in the internal CELL 000F2CAB and the worldspaceLabyrinthinMazeWorld with form id 00104217?

DynDOLOD is not doing anything with such interior cells.

DynDOLOD is not changing any of the 4 reference form ids you listed, correct?

I am still interested if any DynDOLOD plugin or any other plugin changes the base record these reference use: 0004C6CA, 00029B8C, 00029B9A, 000BE121

And what plugins are listed are listed in the referenced by for these 4 base records.

Those are WEAPons and DynDOLOD should not change them. So it is even more mysterious how DynDOLOD is supposed to be changing them.

With the xEdit Asset Browser (CTRL+F3) check if anything is overwriting their models

Meshes\Weapons\Staff01\Staff01.nif

Meshes\Weapons\Staff02\Staff02.nif

Meshes\Weapons\Staff02\Staff03.nif

Meshes\Weapons\DragonPriest\DragonPriestStaff3rd.nif

Have you tested if a simple save and loading of the game fixes whatever issue you seem to have with those staves?

Edited by sheson

Are you saying DynDOLOD has an overwrite for CELL F2CAB LabyrinthianMaze?

How do you make the connection between those 4 form ids in the internal CELL 000F2CAB and the worldspaceLabyrinthinMazeWorld with form id 00104217?

DynDOLOD is not doing anything with such interior cells.

DynDOLOD is not changing any of the 4 reference form ids you listed, correct?

I am still interested if any DynDOLOD plugin or any other plugin changes the base record these reference use: 0004C6CA, 00029B8C, 00029B9A, 000BE121

And what plugins are listed are listed in the referenced by for these 4 base records.

Those are WEAPons and DynDOLOD should not change them. So it is even more mysterious how DynDOLOD is supposed to be changing them.

With the xEdit Asset Browser (CTRL+F3) check if anything is overwriting their models

Meshes\Weapons\Staff01\Staff01.nif

Meshes\Weapons\Staff02\Staff02.nif

Meshes\Weapons\Staff02\Staff03.nif

Meshes\Weapons\DragonPriest\DragonPriestStaff3rd.nif

Have you tested if a simple save and loading of the game fixes whatever issue you seem to have with those staves?

No, Dyndolod is not overwriting 000F2CAB. And since those staves are present in 000F2CAB, hence it can be deduced that dyndolod has nothing to do with those staves.

I have attached the referenced_by tab for one of the staves. (it's the same for all others)

Only Meshes\Weapons\Staff01\Staff01.nif is changed by ussep.

Saving and loading makes no difference.

Honestly, I'm myself baffled as to how disabling dyndolod.esp could cure this issue, but strangely, it does. I believe this issue is not worth the headache. Stupid skyrim ! I'll use tcl to get those staves anyway.

And THANKS A LOT sheson, for going out of your way to help me. Thanks again !

post-13887-0-26802400-1550335675_thumb.jpg

Edited by zakee94