DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Only required to be loaded when generating terrain LOD. No harm done when loaded in-game but typically the player can not get close to these areas, so it is rather useless.

The statements already answer both your questions.

It is clear and precise and it tells people exactly that they need to know.

At this point I do not agree with you.

Why useless to keep that plugin?

It's rather more useful. Whenever, later anybody wants to create xLODGEN just unable to forgive select that ESM file. I think it is useful. More safer.

But useless is misstatement and exaggeration.

(do not ask for food, I guess.)

At this point I do not agree with you.

Why useless to keep that plugin?

It's rather more useful. Whenever, later anybody wants to create xLODGEN just unable to forgive select that ESM file. I think it is useful. More safer.

But useless is misstatement and exaggeration.

(do not ask for food, I guess.)

The statement says that it is rather useless in the game because typically the player can not get close to these areas.

The important information is that it is not required to be loaded in the game and there is no need to waste a valuable full plugin slots and potentially have it undo WLRD record changes from plugins loaded before it. It is only required to be loaded to generate terrain LOD.

The statements are just stating facts so users do not need to speculate if the plugin might be required for terrain LOD to work in the game.

Each users makes their own decision based on the facts.

Hello!

i'm having problems with generating dyn for sse with skyrim 3d trees ultra 3d trees.The lodgen64 was still going at it after 20 hours of generating and making abysmal progress so i closed it,also while generating it fills up my C drive to full.

I know 3d ultra trees are taxing more so with the with s3d trees because the meshes are so big but i think my pc should be able to handle it but i dont know if the game is,also how do i change the lodgen writing to another drive so it wont destroy my os drive anymore?

thanks and sorry,english is not my prim. language.

Hello!

i'm having problems with generating dyn for sse with skyrim 3d trees ultra 3d trees.The lodgen64 was still going at it after 20 hours of generating and making abysmal progress so i closed it,also while generating it fills up my C drive to full.

I know 3d ultra trees are taxing more so with the with s3d trees because the meshes are so big but i think my pc should be able to handle it but i dont know if the game is,also how do i change the lodgen writing to another drive so it wont destroy my os drive anymore?

thanks and sorry,english is not my prim. language.

Sounds like you enabled full model fall back because most of the trees do not have dedicated 3D LOD models.

~40,000 trees x ~25,000 triangles means 1.000.000.000 triangles for trees. It just doesn't work like that.

Use vanilla trees or tree mods that have dedicated 3D LOD models. Do not enable full model fallback.

Edited by sheson

The statement says that it is rather useless in the game because typically the player can not get close to these areas.

The important information is that it is not required to be loaded in the game and there is no need to waste a valuable full plugin slots and potentially have it undo WLRD record changes from plugins loaded before it. It is only required to be loaded to generate terrain LOD.

The statements are just stating facts so users do not need to speculate if the plugin might be required for terrain LOD to work in the game.

Each users makes their own decision based on the facts.

Hi,

I can beleive and think how tiring I am. In the meantime I had another question about xLODGEN, but this is DynDOLOD topic. 

So, I stop it.

And I'll ask myquestion at the xLODGEN topic.

I understand you says!

Thank You!

Hi Sheson,

I don't know, whether you use ENB Light mod, or not?

ENB Light

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/22574?tab=posts&BH=8

It seems to me, ENB Light and DynDOLOD maybe not really works well together, IF: ...

ENB Lgiht vs. DynDOLOD

I found a very frustrating, strange, odd effect when both
modsis used, enabled.

For instance:

1.) When it is dark: Lantern of Skyrim mod, lanterns from far away has a "very huge"; "huge"
bulb effect. A globe, a lightning globe effect, which does not look nice, at all.

2.) Also the same situation (dark night, or rainy weather, ...) I also noticed that
bulb effect for instance at a windmill interior (far away), or around whiterun, at Dragonsreach towers. Outside the walls, far away, not too far away, but far.

I think (I guess, in my opinion) this effect may be because, when I was generating DynDOLOD, there are just 2 settings which are very interesting:

qrqhAas.jpg

I do have an idea those kinds of issues are related to these settings.
Or, these ones:

VGGMJHA.jpg

ATM, I am generating a new DynDOLOD without:

1.) Candles, and
2.) FXGlow

Is it possible I think it right?

Thanks!

Hi Sheson,

I don't know, whether you use ENB Light mod, or not?

ENB Light

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/22574?tab=posts&BH=8

It seems to me, ENB Light and DynDOLOD maybe not really works well together, IF: ...

ENB Lgiht vs. DynDOLOD

I found a very frustrating, strange, odd effect when bothmodsis used, enabled.

For instance:

1.) When it is dark: Lantern of Skyrim mod, lanterns from far away has a "very huge"; "huge" bulb effect. A globe, a lightning globe effect, which does not look nice, at all.

2.) Also the same situation (dark night, or rainy weather, ...) I also noticed that bulb effect for instance at a windmill interior (far away), or around whiterun, at Dragonsreach towers. Outside the walls, far away, not too far away, but far.

I think (I guess, in my opinion) this effect may be because, when I was generating DynDOLOD, there are just 2 settings which are very interesting:

qrqhAas.jpg

I do have an idea those kinds of issues are related to these settings.

Or, these ones:

VGGMJHA.jpg

ATM, I am generating a new DynDOLOD without:

1.) Candles, and

2.) FXGlow

Is it possible I think it right?

Thanks!

Read the manual to learn what the different options and settings do. The Glow LOD chapter explains all those settings. If you do not like the result of specific settings then do not use them.

Read the manual to learn what the different options and settings do. The Glow LOD chapter explains all those settings. If you do not like the result of specific settings then do not use them.

Ehhh! I found those, but a newer Manual with Search function at 2019 wolud be great.

Static HTML file... BUT! Not hard to put a search function from that kind if Manual. Just a little work to put a Google search box, and it is very useful.

I am not sure whether those 2 check box cause that or not. From the manual it is nor clear, cause that manual was written way before ENB Light mod or ENB Light kind of mod.

This is different I like or don't like. ATM I search what cause something like that. But I guess they will be...

ENB Light author do not use DynDOLOD.

Thanks!

Edited by kranazoli

Ehhh! I found those, but a newer Manual with Search function at 2019 wolud be great.

Static HTML file... BUT! Not hard to put a search function from that kind if Manual. Just a little work to put a Google search box, and it is very useful.

I am not sure whether those 2 check box cause that or not. From the manual it is nor clear, cause that manual was written way before ENB Light mod or ENB Light kind of mod.

This is different I like or don't like. ATM I search what cause something like that. But I guess they will be...

ENB Light author do not use DynDOLOD.

Thanks!

Every browser has a search function for the current document build in - since several decades. Typically it is started with CTRL+F.

The manual explains what each feature is and how it works. If an explanation is unclear you can ask specific questions.

So, if the full model uses a NIF that contain candle flames, it is a Candle rules.

If the full model uses FXGlow NIF, then it is FXGlow rules.

If the full models uses a LIGH base record, then it is the Fake Lights checkboxes, which seems most likely.

Edited by sheson

Every browser has a search function for the current document build in - since several decades. Typically it is started with CTRL+F.

The manual explains what each feature is and how it works. If an explanation is unclear you can ask specific questions.

So, if the full model uses a NIF that contain candle flames, it is a Candle rules.

If the full model uses FXGlow NIF, then it is FXGlow rules.

If the full models uses a LIGH base record, then it is the Fake Lights checkboxes, which seems most likely.

FYI!

CTRL+F search the actual page. For instance, at a HTML page.

A Google look like search, search the entire content.

For instance, look at that Guide:

THE PHOENIX FLAVOUR

https://thephoenixflavour.com/getting-started/

This is at 2019 a Guide should be look like. and work. Just try the search field at the buttom of the page. The a really good search box, works like Google and serach for  the first button.

This is plugin, which can be implementat every HTML content very easy, and user friendly.

I am do not know, you use, or not ENB Light mod. It has lots of feature, one is especially for candle light. And yes, looks like if somebody use that mod, better to disable those two checkbox, at DynDOLOD.

RTFM is not new to me, cause my main work is Linux admin, from the 90's...

Thank You for the info!

FYI!

CTRL+F search the actual page. For instance, at a HTML page.

A Google look like search, search the entire content.

For instance, look at that Guide:

THE PHOENIX FLAVOUR

https://thephoenixflavour.com/getting-started/

This is at 2019 a Guide should be look like. and work. Just try the search field at the buttom of the page. The a really good search box, works like Google and serach for  the first button.

This is plugin, which can be implementat every HTML content very easy, and user friendly.

I am do not know, you use, or not ENB Light mod. It has lots of feature, one is especially for candle light. And yes, looks like if somebody use that mod, better to disable those two checkbox, at DynDOLOD.

RTFM is not new to me, cause my main work is Linux admin, from the 90's...

Thank You for the info!

I expect users to have basic knowledge of computers, that includes being able to read and search local files on their computer. The included manual is not a website. 

I expect users to have basic knowledge of computers, that includes being able to read and search local files on their computer. The included manual is not a website. 

"The included manual is not a website."

Every HTML content easily can managedby as an Intranet website. For ages... That's of of main point using HTML files.

Your Manual content (folder) nothing else just an Intranet content. After some work it can be transformed the year we are turning 2020.

Static HTML files are history, like dinosaur. Never late, to learn!

Edited by kranazoli

"The included manual is not a website."

Every HTML content easily can managedby as an Intranet website. For ages... That's of of main point using HTML files.

Your Manual content (folder) nothing else just an Intranet content. After some work it can be transformed the year we are turning 2020.

Static HTML files are history, like dinosaur. Never late, to learn!

I fail to see how I am required to fulfill the lack of basic computer knowledge of users that believe they are entitled to anything.

You get rudimentary static HTML pages in heir purest form without any crap in them.