#1261 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,986 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:46 PM

Hello!

i'm having problems with generating dyn for sse with skyrim 3d trees ultra 3d trees.The lodgen64 was still going at it after 20 hours of generating and making abysmal progress so i closed it,also while generating it fills up my C drive to full.

I know 3d ultra trees are taxing more so with the with s3d trees because the meshes are so big but i think my pc should be able to handle it but i dont know if the game is,also how do i change the lodgen writing to another drive so it wont destroy my os drive anymore?

thanks and sorry,english is not my prim. language.

Sounds like you enabled full model fall back because most of the trees do not have dedicated 3D LOD models.

~40,000 trees x ~25,000 triangles means 1.000.000.000 triangles for trees. It just doesn't work like that.

Use vanilla trees or tree mods that have dedicated 3D LOD models. Do not enable full model fallback.

Edited by sheson, 15 March 2019 - 03:47 PM.

#1262 kranazoli

kranazoli

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 05:32 AM

The statement says that it is rather useless in the game because typically the player can not get close to these areas.

The important information is that it is not required to be loaded in the game and there is no need to waste a valuable full plugin slots and potentially have it undo WLRD record changes from plugins loaded before it. It is only required to be loaded to generate terrain LOD.

The statements are just stating facts so users do not need to speculate if the plugin might be required for terrain LOD to work in the game.

Each users makes their own decision based on the facts.

Hi,

I can beleive and think how tiring I am. In the meantime I had another question about xLODGEN, but this is DynDOLOD topic. 

So, I stop it.

And I'll ask myquestion at the xLODGEN topic.

I understand you says!

Thank You!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dyndolod, lod, special edition, sse

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users