DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Damn, every video I saw had DynDOLOD folder in the SSE directory. I will move it to desktop then.

Damn the log is 600+ kb, won't let me upload it anywhere... :(

I uploaded it here: https://we.tl/t-W7rArunznO

[00:12:57.827]	<Error: LODGenx64.exe check the logfile for errors E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD-Standalone.2.64\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt>
[00:12:57.861]	<Error: LODGenx64.exe check the logfile for errors E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD-Standalone.2.64\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_log.txt>
[00:12:57.894]	<Error: LODGenx64.exe check the logfile for errors E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD-Standalone.2.64\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_MarkarthWorld_log.txt>
[00:12:57.927]	<Error: LODGenx64.exe check the logfile for errors E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD-Standalone.2.64\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC01SoulCairn_log.txt>
[00:12:57.960]	<Error: LODGenx64.exe check the logfile for errors E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD-Standalone.2.64\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC2ApocryphaWorld_log.txt>
[00:12:57.993]	<Error: LODGenx64.exe check the logfile for errors E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD-Standalone.2.64\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_SkuldafnWorld_log.txt>
[00:12:58.026]	<Error: LODGenx64.exe check the logfile for errors E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD-Standalone.2.64\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Sovngarde_log.txt>
[00:12:58.059]	<Error: LODGenx64.exe check the logfile for errors E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD-Standalone.2.64\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DeepwoodRedoubtWorld_log.txt>
[00:12:58.091]	<Error: LODGenx64.exe check the logfile for errors E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD-Standalone.2.64\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC1HunterHQWorld_log.txt>
[00:12:58.123]	<Error: LODGenx64.exe check the logfile for errors E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD-Standalone.2.64\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Blackreach_log.txt>
[00:12:58.154]	<Error: LODGenx64.exe check the logfile for errors E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD-Standalone.2.64\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC01FalmerValley_log.txt>
[00:12:58.187]	<Error: LODGenx64.exe check the logfile for errors E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD-Standalone.2.64\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_JaphetsFollyWorld_log.txt>
[00:12:58.219]	
[00:12:58.252]	There were errors in one or more LODGen logs (see report above) resulting in incomplete static object LOD.
[00:12:58.286]	Check the LODGen logs and fix cause of errors.
[00:12:58.319]	Switch to expert mode and try re-running LODGen.exe for these wordspaces with the already exported LOD data.

Check one or more of the logfiles as suggested by the messages.

They all say "The lz4 assembly requires the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 runtime installedlz4.AnyCPU.loader".

Man do I feel dumb... I thought I had it...

I will download the 2019 and try again. I am sorry I wasted your time.

As always, thanks for the wonderful DymDOLOD and all the help you provide in using it.

I recently generated DynDOLOD using version 2.63. I needed to update the LOD so I downloaded the most recent versions of xLODGen and DynLODGen. I ran xLODGen and Texgen without any errors. When I ran DynLODGen I got an error that generated a bug report. The bug report file and the log file are in this archive file.

What should I try next?

As always, thanks for the wonderful DymDOLOD and all the help you provide in using it.

I recently generated DynDOLOD using version 2.63. I needed to update the LOD so I downloaded the most recent versions of xLODGen and DynLODGen. I ran xLODGen and Texgen without any errors. When I ran DynLODGen I got an error that generated a bug report. The bug report file and the log file are in this archive file.

What should I try next?

[00:03:04.310]   Can not find textures\lod\icwalllod02.dds for texture atlas

[00:03:04.335]   Can not find textures\lod\ictowerlod01.dds for texture atlas

[00:03:05.887]

[00:03:07.586]

[00:03:07.586] Exception in unit userscript line 345: One or more errors occurred

[00:03:07.586]

[00:03:07.586] Check log lines above the exception for additional hints. Check the FAQ and search official forum http://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/ for those errors.

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/14071-can-not-find-textures/

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/14070-can-not-find-textures/

Edited by sheson

Yes, the set of DynDOLOD Resources files that were installed were incomplete. The 7zip file I downloaded seems to be complete. There is a problem when installing this archive file on my system with the FOMOD installer in MO2 (it also happened with the previous version of the resources file). There is a small window that blinks on and off very rapidly while MO2 is installing this archive. I have not seen this with any other archive I have installed in MO2, and sometimes the installation process does not install all of the core files. I ran the installation again, and this time I think it has all of the files it should have.

Thanks for the help.

hi, i have been trying to use the dyndolod, the gentext works perfect, but at the end of the dyndolod process it encounter this error, i have alredy desactivated all my tree mods but nothing, i appreciate any help

<Note: textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treepineforestsnowl02_0005d2da_n.dds normal map not found, using flat replacement>
[00:05:11.367] <Note: textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treepineforestsnowl03_0005d2d9_n.dds normal map not found, using flat replacement>
[00:05:11.376] <Note: textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treepineforestsnowl04_0005d2d8_n.dds normal map not found, using flat replacement>
[00:05:11.383] <Note: textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treepineforestsnowl05_0005d2d7_n.dds normal map not found, using flat replacement>
[00:05:12.991]
[00:05:12.991] Exception in unit userscript line 345: One or more errors occurred

hi, i have been trying to use the dyndolod, the gentext works perfect, but at the end of the dyndolod process it encounter this error, i have alredy desactivated all my tree mods but nothing, i appreciate any help

<Note: textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treepineforestsnowl02_0005d2da_n.dds normal map not found, using flat replacement>
[00:05:11.367] <Note: textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treepineforestsnowl03_0005d2d9_n.dds normal map not found, using flat replacement>
[00:05:11.376] <Note: textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treepineforestsnowl04_0005d2d8_n.dds normal map not found, using flat replacement>
[00:05:11.383] <Note: textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treepineforestsnowl05_0005d2d7_n.dds normal map not found, using flat replacement>
[00:05:12.991]
[00:05:12.991] Exception in unit userscript line 345: One or more errors occurred

Reading the logs looks like there is a file and a whole directory missing, the skyrim.esm in lodgen and mountaincliff04_lod_0l.nif

Reading the logs looks like there is a file and a whole directory missing, the skyrim.esm in lodgen and mountaincliff04_lod_0l.nif

Check log lines above the exception for additional hints. Check the FAQ and search official forum http://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/ for those errors.

If problem persists, post error report with entire contents (not just the last couple lines) of ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt and ..\DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt to official forum http://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/

For the part that you posted:

FAQ: DynDOLOD.exe:  

A: Ignore. A handful of trees can not have traditional tree LOD for technical reasons and will be done as static object LOD. Static object LOD uses the normal _n.dds textures, but LOD tree billboards do not have one so the flat replacement is used, just as traditional tree LOD does. 

Would this work for DynDoLOD SE?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/26293?

It adds it's distand LOD textures and landscape meshes. 

DynDOLOD generates tree and object LOD. The mod seems to include optional green spring trees, but for incomprehensible reasons no billboards to generate tree LOD.

In this case the included tree LOD atlas needs to be split into billboards first or billboards need to be created. Easier to stay clear of that option. Personally I suggest to stay away from such archaic mods until they contain proper LOD resources.

The mod also seems to includes pre-made low terrain LOD textures - no meshes - (again for the spring option I assume) DynDOLOD does not care about terrain LOD textures.

LOD only works and looks correctly for the load it was generated for, so it is always better to generate LOD. Use xLODGen to generate higher quality terrain LOD textures that ship with the mod.

Edit: I splitted the  existing tree LOD texture atlas included in the mod and uploaded green Aspen LOD Billboards for the spring vanilla and Skyrim 3D trees install options to the TES5LODGen file section.

Edited by sheson
  • +1 1

So i'm having an odd issue with DynDOLOD. it keeps freezing up at the 4 minute mark when creating texture atlas. I've deleted DynDOLOD and the Resources files, re-downloaded them them to make sure i had the right version (2.64), re-installed them, made sure the cache directory was empty except for the text file, deleted the 2 snow lod files from the Resources file, then ran again, according to the finishing line page. Happened again. headscratch

So I deleted all my LOD and billboard mods and reinstalled them. Re-downloaded the apps and resource files. Tried building again. xLODGen, and TexGen worked fine, but Dyndolod freezes on the same point and will sit there for over an hour until I force-close it.

EDIT:  Attempt #3, with the output folder relocated to root directory seems to have done the trick.  Waiting for the process to finish, but this is further than the last 2 attempts.

dyndolod_freeze.png

Edited by Barachiel

So i'm having an odd issue with DynDOLOD. it keeps freezing up at the 4 minute mark when creating texture atlas. I've deleted DynDOLOD and the Resources files, re-downloaded them them to make sure i had the right version (2.64), re-installed them, made sure the cache directory was empty except for the text file, deleted the 2 snow lod files from the Resources file, then ran again, according to the finishing line page. Happened again.

So I deleted all my LOD and billboard mods and reinstalled them. Re-downloaded the apps and resource files. Tried building again. xLODGen, and TexGen worked fine, but Dyndolod freezes on the same point and will sit there for over an hour until I force-close it.

It is pointless to delete specific textures from DynDOLOD Resources if they are updated by TexGen. 

... set the output path to a dedicated directory. It should be outside of the game and MO virtual file structure.

You set the output path to  E:\ModOrganizer 2 - - Lexys LOTD SE\mods\DynDOLOD Output\

Try an empty dedicated output folder not in MO, not in game, not in Program Files.

Freezing is usually caused by something blocking read/write access.

Edited by sheson

Hi,

got a question regarding 3D lods. In the log i noticed some trees like this one and winter aspen trees (dlc01):

TreeReachTree01Magic [TREE:000F64BF] meshes\landscape\trees\treereachtree01magic.nif
Billboard not found <textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treereachtree01magic_000f64bf.dds>, 3D LOD found 
LOD4: meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\treereachtree01magic_43484607passthru_lod.nif

From what i understand, this means that this particular model will only be visible till lod 4. Is this assumption correct? And if yes, would it actually make sense to create a billboard for it, or is it easier (and safe?) to load the full model for every lod level?

Is there actually some kind of hardlimit for the amount of data a object lod mesh can contain, or is it equal to "opens in nifskope=works ingame"?
Edited by Tacocat

Hi,

got a question regarding 3D lods. In the log i noticed some trees like this one and winter aspen trees (dlc01):

TreeReachTree01Magic [TREE:000F64BF] meshes\landscape\trees\treereachtree01magic.nif
Billboard not found , 3D LOD found 
LOD4: meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\treereachtree01magic_43484607passthru_lod.nif

From what i understand, this means that this particular model will only be visible till lod 4. Is this assumption correct? And if yes, would it actually make sense to create a billboard for it, or is it easier (and safe?) to load the full model for every lod level?

Is there actually some kind of hardlimit for the amount of data a object lod mesh can contain, or is it equal to "opens in nifskope=works ingame"?

Correct. They are used in the Forgotten Vale, so distance won't be an issue. If no other mods places them in other worldspaces using them in LOD8/16 is probably fine too. 

However, there are billboards available here https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/81565/, so that would be the better option.

The hard limit would be number of blocks allowed in NIFs I suppose. Memory will get you before that.

Edited by sheson