DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Hey there.

Thanks for all the effort you've put in this mod.

I've just installed DynDOLOD following your instructions on both the opening post and the instructions provided on the .zip file and I'm following your guide on YouTube at the same time.

I'm having an issue while running this for the first time.

I've followed the instructions on the dialog box but yields the same result. I am positive I am using Standalone and Resources 2.65, along with the DLL and Scripts.

It seems it is looking for Skyrim normal edition instead of Special Edition.

What needs to be done?

Hey there.

Thanks for all the effort you've put in this mod.

I've just installed DynDOLOD following your instructions on both the opening post and the instructions provided on the .zip file and I'm following your guide on YouTube at the same time.

I'm having an issue while running this for the first time.

I've followed the instructions on the dialog box but yields the same result. I am positive I am using Standalone and Resources 2.65, along with the DLL and Scripts.

It seems it is looking for Skyrim normal edition instead of Special Edition.

What needs to be done?

From DynDOLOD_QuickStart.html

By default the tools start in Skyrim mode, which is the same as adding the -tes5 command line parameter. Add -sse as a command line parameter to DynDOLOD.exe/DynDOLODx64.exe or TexGen.exe/TexGenx64.exe to start the tools in Skyrim Special Edition mode. Add -tes5vr as a command line parameter to DynDOLOD.exe/DynDOLODx64.exe or TexGen.exe/TexGenx64.exe to start the tools in Skyrim VR mode. Add -enderal as a command line parameter to DynDOLOD.exe/DynDOLODx64.exe or TexGen.exe/TexGenx64.exe to start the tools in Enderal mode in case the Steam version is used. See DynDOLOD-Shortcut.txt for help.

From DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html:

Add -sse as a command line parameter to DynDOLOD.exe/DynDOLODx64.exe or TexGen.exe/TexGenx64.exe to start the tools in Skyrim Special Edition mode. See DynDOLOD-Shortcut.txt for help.

/facepalm

Must have missed it. Been installing Skyrim SE and mods since Friday morning and read so many FAQs that by now I was only glancing at stuff.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll proceed with DynDOLOD installation and let you know if I have missed something else.

Many thanks again, for both the reply AND keeping Skyrim mod scene interesting. :clap:

• 2 weeks later...

Having trouble setting up DynDoLOD.  Following AerowynX's Re-imagined SkyrimVR Graphics and Sound Overhaul and im not sure what im doing wrong.  Run textgen without issue, run DynDoLOD and getting errors, closing the windows creates the esp but when loading the esp and running the game error says "dyndolod could not load dyndolod_worlds"  Im Assumming thats because of the errors im getting while running dyndolod.  I dont know how to read these logs so not sure where to start.

Here's a pastebin of the full log: https://pastebin.com/SffSLFaL

Using DynDoLOD v2.63

Update to my previous post.  I was running TextEditx64.exe and DynDoLODx64.exe decided to try the non-64 bit versions and it ran without issue.  Any ideas why the 64-bit version throwing errors?  I have 64-bit windows 10 and compatible cpu so not that for sure.

Update to my previous post.  I was running TextEditx64.exe and DynDoLODx64.exe decided to try the non-64 bit versions and it ran without issue.  Any ideas why the 64-bit version throwing errors?  I have 64-bit windows 10 and compatible cpu so not that for sure.

If problem persists, post error report with entire contents (not just the last couple lines) of ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt and ..\DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_TES5VR_log.txt to official forum 

Help, i have been trying to get dynolod to work correctly in skyrimvr. sksevr is installed correctly along with skyui vr, and Ive got dyndolod resources se 2.65, papyrusutil vr, papyrus extender -vr installed through mod organizer along with dyndolod dll scripts. I was also able to run texgen64 and dynolod64 through mod organizer with -tes5vr in the argument line. And have zipped and installed both output files through mod organizer. But when i fire up skyrim vr i get the error message that dyndolod.dll is not running, even though i got the papyrus utility and script files installed. If i understand correctly i should only need papyrus installed to run the dynamic dynolod right? What am i missing.

Help, i have been trying to get dynolod to work correctly in skyrimvr. sksevr is installed correctly along with skyui vr, and Ive got dyndolod resources se 2.65, papyrusutil vr, papyrus extender -vr installed through mod organizer along with dyndolod dll scripts. I was also able to run texgen64 and dynolod64 through mod organizer with -tes5vr in the argument line. And have zipped and installed both output files through mod organizer. But when i fire up skyrim vr i get the error message that dyndolod.dll is not running, even though i got the papyrus utility and script files installed. If i understand correctly i should only need papyrus installed to run the dynamic dynolod right? What am i missing.

FAQ: Game: DynDOLOD requires DynDOLOD.DLL 

A: If the intention is to use PapyrusUtil, make sure the papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD Resources are not overwritten by the papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD DLL. 

A: The DynDOLOD.DLL is not installed into the correct games ..\Data\SKSE\Plugins folder, outdated or not running at all. 

A: Make sure you have the correct DynDOLOD.DLL version for the current Skyrim and SKSE versions that is used and none of its file are overwritten by other mods. 

A: Check the c:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\[skyrim|Skyrim Special Edition|Skyrim VR]\SKSE\[skse|skse64|sksevr].log that the DynDOLOD.DLL was loaded correctly. 

I understand that but to run dynamic dynolod, is the requirement to run the dyndolod.dll or paprysutil vr not both? And what should be the load order. What i have

Sksevr

Skyuivr

Papyrusutilvr

Papyrus extender

Dyndolod scripts

Dyndolodresourcesse2.65

And i have them installed through mod organizer, should i install them manually instead?

I understand that but to run dynamic dynolod, is the requirement to run the dyndolod.dll or paprysutil vr not both? And what should be the load order. What i have

Sksevr

Skyuivr

Papyrusutilvr

Papyrus extender

Dyndolod scripts

Dyndolodresourcesse2.65

And i have them installed through mod organizer, should i install them manually instead?

Do not install anything from DynDOLOD DLL if you do not want to use it.

I suggest to read the included manuals. They explain what is required and how to install things.

From DynDOLOD_Manual_TES5VR.html:

Requirements

DynDOLOD DLL or PapyrusUtil VR for the used game version.

Installation Skyrim VR

Either install DynDOLOD DLL (overwrite papyrus scripts of DynDOLOD Resources SE) or PapyrusUtil VR according to their documentations.

From DynDOLOD_DLL.html:

Installation
Install the contents of the archive(s) into the game data folder. The DynDOLOD DLL papyrus scripts need to overwrite the papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD Resources which are for PapyrusUtil.
Edited by sheson

EDIT: The issue seems to have been solved by updating windows, see my post below.

I am having trouble completing a DynDOLOD generation for 3D Trees:
dyndolod-crash.png

The generated crash dump (from WER) shows a similar stack trace:

BUGCHECK_STR: CLR_EXCEPTION_System.NullReferenceException

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: CLR_EXCEPTION_System.NullReferenceException

PRIMARY_PROBLEM_CLASS: CLR_EXCEPTION

STACK_TEXT:
00000000`1e3edda0 000007fe`eb953f67 mscorlib_ni!System.Collections.Generic.Comparer_1[[system.__Canon,_mscorlib]].CreateComparer+0x77
00000000`1e3ede00 000007fe`eb953ed0 mscorlib_ni!System.Collections.Generic.Comparer_1[[system.__Canon,_mscorlib]].get_Default+0x30
00000000`1e3ede40 000007fe`eb9be841 mscorlib_ni!System.Array.Sort[[system.__Canon,_mscorlib]]+0x81
00000000`1e3edeb0 000007fe`eb95c010 mscorlib_ni!System.Collections.Generic.List_1[[system.__Canon,_mscorlib]].Sort+0x70
00000000`1e3edf10 000007fe`eab4bc50 System_ni!System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexCharClass.Canonicalize+0x40
00000000`1e3edf80 000007fe`eab4bab9 System_ni!System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexCharClass.ToStringClass+0x19
00000000`1e3edfe0 000007fe`eab4d6a1 System_ni!System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexFCD.FirstChars+0x71
00000000`1e3ee020 000007fe`eab4c831 System_ni!System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexWriter.RegexCodeFromRegexTree+0x1f1
00000000`1e3ee0d0 000007fe`eab53c64 System_ni!System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex..ctor+0x1f4
00000000`1e3ee130 000007fe`eafeafbc System_ni!System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace+0x5c
00000000`1e3ee190 000007fe`8d5712ff LODGenx64!LODGenerator.NifMain.BSShaderTextureSet.Read+0x4f
00000000`1e3ee1e0 000007fe`8d557f3f LODGenx64!LODGenerator.NiFile.Read+0x46f
00000000`1e3ee2b0 000007fe`8d5544a6 LODGenx64!LODGenerator.TerrainData.LoadTerrain+0x456
00000000`1e3ee500 000007fe`8d5526df LODGenx64!LODGenerator.TerrainData.GenerateTerrainDesc+0xef
00000000`1e3ee6f0 000007fe`8d551e28 LODGenx64!LODGenerator.LODApp._GenerateLOD_b__68_0+0x108
00000000`1e3ee820 000007fe`8d551c5b mscorlib_ni!System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel+__c__DisplayClass31_0_2[[LODGenerator.QuadDesc,_LODGenx64],[system.__Canon,_mscorlib]]._ForEachWorker_b__0+0x5b
00000000`1e3ee8f0 000007fe`ec34abc9 mscorlib_ni!System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel+__c__DisplayClass17_0_1[[system.__Canon,_mscorlib]]._ForWorker_b__1+0x4a9
00000000`1e3ee9b0 000007fe`ec339c21 mscorlib_ni!System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvokeWithArg+0x21
00000000`1e3ee9e0 000007fe`ec408933 mscorlib_ni!System.Threading.Tasks.Task+__c__DisplayClass176_0._ExecuteSelfReplicating_b__0+0x113

The issue occurs very frequently (for me), and with all worlds selected, it is unlikely that a build will complete without at least one LODGenx64.exe crash (even in the clean scenario I detail below). The issue is not consistent, with the LODGen crash occurring in different world(s) each run. Sometimes only one LODGen crash will occur and sometimes many (rarely it might even complete without an error, at least in the clean scenario below). Running such a world alone will complete without error (or possibly with a low probability of crashing, I did not test this thoroughly).

This, together with the crash dumps, cause me to suspect this is a concurrency/race issue.

After some troubleshooting steps I have reached the following clean scenario which still reproduces the issue frequently (at least for me):

1. Clean Skyrim SE installation (verified using "verify integrity" from steam).
2. Download DynDOLOD 2.65 from here or from nexus (I get the exact same files from both sources).
3. Installed DynDoLOD at various paths including on the root of a different physical drive.
4. Install DynDOLOD-Resources-SE.2.65.7z with default options (using MO2), then copy the entire output to the game Data folder.
5. Change TreeLOD=0 and run DynDOLODx64.exe -sse (without MO), select all worlds, "High" and start build.

To be clear, the problem reproduces without MO and without any mods installed - except of course DynDOLOD Resources SE.

An example of the log of such a run:
DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt
LODGen_SSE_MarkarthWorld_log.txt

If there is anything more I can do to help diagnose the issue please let me know. Alternatively, if someone sees something I am doing wrong I would appreciate pointing it out.

Edited by erasmux

I am having trouble completing a DynDOLOD generation for 3D Trees ...

The issue seems to have been solved by updating the Visual C++ Redistributable (link on main post) and the .NET framework to the latest 4.8 version (from here).

I can't believe how much time I wasted on this.... Even my fully modded DynDOLOD generation (through MO) finished without crashes like the above.

I am getting a different error now:

[spoiler=LODGen_SSE_Sovngarde_log.txt]============================================================

Skyrim Object LOD Generator 2.6.1.0

Created by Ehamloptiran and Zilav

Updated by Sheson

Log started at 14:52:13

Game Mode: SSE

Fix Tangents: False, False, False, False

Generate Tangents: True, True, True, True

Generate Vertex Colors: True, True, True, True

Merge Vertex Colors: True, True, True, True

Merge Meshes: True

Grouping: False

Remove Faces under Terrain: True

Remove Faces under Water: True

Remove Faces Z-Shift: 10

Use HD Flag: True

Ignore Materials: False

Alpha DoubleSided: False

Default Alpha Threshold: 128

Use Source Alpha Threshold: False

Use Backlight Power: False

Use Decal Flag: False

Specific level: No

Specific quad: No

Max Level: 32

Output: C:\Games\Skyrim_SE_mods\DynDoLOD\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Meshes\Terrain\sovngarde\Objects\

Using UV Atlas: C:\Games\Skyrim_SE_mods\DynDoLOD\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\DynDOLOD_SSE_atlas_map_sovngarde.txt

Using Flat Textures: C:\Games\Skyrim_SE_mods\DynDoLOD\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\DynDOLOD_SSE_flat_textures.txt

Using Alt Textures: C:\Games\Skyrim_SE_mods\DynDoLOD\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\DynDOLOD_SSE_alt_textures_sovngarde.txt

Generating object LOD for worldspace Sovngarde

Can not get hash for shader in meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\srg_treepineforestsnow05_9cb969a5passthru_lod.nif block TreePineForestSnow05_LOD_FLAT:1 Invalid handle. System.ArgumentNullException: Invalid handle.

at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetToken(RuntimeType type)

at System.RuntimeType.RuntimeTypeCache.MemberInfoCache`1.PopulateLiteralFields(Filter filter, RuntimeType declaringType, ListBuilder`1& list)

at System.RuntimeType.RuntimeTypeCache.MemberInfoCache`1.PopulateFields(Filter filter)

at System.RuntimeType.RuntimeTypeCache.MemberInfoCache`1.GetListByName(Char* pName, Int32 cNameLen, Byte* pUtf8Name, Int32 cUtf8Name, MemberListType listType, CacheType cacheType)

at System.RuntimeType.RuntimeTypeCache.MemberInfoCache`1.Populate(String name, MemberListType listType, CacheType cacheType)

at System.RuntimeType.GetFieldCandidates(String name, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Boolean allowPrefixLookup)

at System.RuntimeType.GetFields(BindingFlags bindingAttr)

at System.Runtime.Serialization.FormatterServices.GetSerializableMembers(RuntimeType type)

at System.Runtime.Serialization.FormatterServices.InternalGetSerializableMembers(RuntimeType type)

at System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary`2.GetOrAdd(TKey key, Func`2 valueFactory)

at System.Runtime.Serialization.FormatterServices.GetSerializableMembers(Type type, StreamingContext context)

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.WriteObjectInfo.InitMemberInfo()

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.WriteObjectInfo.InitSerialize(Object obj, ISurrogateSelector surrogateSelector, StreamingContext context, SerObjectInfoInit serObjectInfoInit, IFormatterConverter converter, ObjectWriter objectWriter, SerializationBinder binder)

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectWriter.Write(WriteObjectInfo objectInfo, NameInfo memberNameInfo, NameInfo typeNameInfo)

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectWriter.Serialize(Object graph, Header[] inHeaders, __BinaryWriter serWriter, Boolean fCheck)

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Serialize(Stream serializationStream, Object graph, Header[] headers, Boolean fCheck)

at LODGenerator.Common.Utils.ObjectToByteArray(Object obj)

at LODGenerator.ShapeDesc..ctor(String gameDir, NiFile file, NiTriBasedGeom geom, StaticDesc stat, Int32 quadIndex, List`1 PassThruMeshList, List`1 notLODFlag, Boolean skyblivionTexPath, Boolean useOptimizer, Boolean mergeVertexColors, Boolean fixTangents, Boolean useDecalFlag, Boolean terrain, Boolean verbose, LogFile logFile)

Log ended at 14:52:15 (0:1)

Code: 3005

At least this one seems like a problem with my tree mods. Anyone have any idea?

xLODGen uses .NET 4.0 to stay usable with Windows XP.

The new message seems to indicate the file meshes\lod\trees\srg_treepineforestsnow05_9cb969a5passthru_lod.nif is corrupt. Reinstall it from the EVT archive.

Edited by sheson
  • +1 1