DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Ok i am at a lost of what i am doing wrong. I have triple checked through all the steps. Made sure i only had the files needed to run dyndolod on skyrimvr with the papyrus util for the dynamic dyndolod, and i am still getting the error message when skyrimvr loads up that it cant find the dyndolod.dll, even though i am using the papyrus util instead of the dll file.

Install order is

Sksevr copied all files in root folder to skyrimvr game folder rezipped sksevr data folder and installed through mod organizer

Skyui-vr.v1.0-beta

Dyndolod resources se v2.65

Papyrusutil vr v3.6beta

Papyrus extender - vr 1.4.15 - v.1.51

Dyndolod patches for lanterns of skyrim se

I have dyndolod v.2.65 unzipped, set ignorelargereferences=1

Run texgenx64 through mod organizer with -tes5vr in the argument line, zip up texgen output folder and install through mod organizer and activate, and do the same with dyndolodx64 and move dyndolod.esp at bottom of load order. Cant figure out what i am doing wrong. According to the documentation either the papyrus util or the dyndolod.dll is required to run dynamic dyndolod on skse. All the mods listed above are installed through mod organizer should i install them manually instead, what am i missing?

Ok i am at a lost of what i am doing wrong. I have triple checked through all the steps. Made sure i only had the files needed to run dyndolod on skyrimvr with the papyrus util for the dynamic dyndolod, and i am still getting the error message when skyrimvr loads up that it cant find the dyndolod.dll, even though i am using the papyrus util instead of the dll file.

Install order is

Sksevr copied all files in root folder to skyrimvr game folder rezipped sksevr data folder and installed through mod organizer

Skyui-vr.v1.0-beta

Dyndolod resources se v2.65

Papyrusutil vr v3.6beta

Papyrus extender - vr 1.4.15 - v.1.51

Dyndolod patches for lanterns of skyrim se

I have dyndolod v.2.65 unzipped, set ignorelargereferences=1

Run texgenx64 through mod organizer with -tes5vr in the argument line, zip up texgen output folder and install through mod organizer and activate, and do the same with dyndolodx64 and move dyndolod.esp at bottom of load order. Cant figure out what i am doing wrong. According to the documentation either the papyrus util or the dyndolod.dll is required to run dynamic dyndolod on skse. All the mods listed above are installed through mod organizer should i install them manually instead, what am i missing?

FAQ: Game: DynDOLOD requires DynDOLOD.DLL 
A: If the intention is to use PapyrusUtil, make sure the papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD Resources are not overwritten by the papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD DLL. Do not install anything from DynDOLOD DLL.

You have installed DynDOLOD DLL scripts. They are the only scripts that can produce the message "DynDOLOD requires DynDOLOD.DLL"

Do not install the DynDOLOD DLL papyrus scripts if you want to use PapyrusUtil.

Thays what i dont get, i have uninstalled the dyndod.dll and its scripts in mod organizer, and regenerated the lod, and still get that error.

If this happens with a new game the answer is simple:

There are papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD DLL in the load order and they load after / replace the papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD Resources.

In MO, right window, data tab, files in the Scripts folder matching SHESON_DynDOLOD_*.pex

It does not matter what MO says the source mod is. Some or all of files are scripts from DynDOLOD DLL and not DynDOLOD Resources.

Edited by sheson

TexGen.exe - added generation for castlekitlod.dds, wrroofslate01lod.dds, wrdragontile01lod.dds, wrdragontileblack01lod.dds, wrcitywall01lod.dds, wrtemplefloor01lod.dds, wrplasterint01.dds, wrwoodfloorint01lod.dds, wrwoodplanks01lod.dds, wrwoodbeam01lod.dds, wrwoodbeamint01lod.dds, stonefloor01lod.dds, wrdragoncarvings01lod.dds, wrroofint01lod.dds, wrslate02lod.dds, wrstonebase02lod.dds, wrstoneblocks01lod.dds, wrtrellisvines01lod.dds, wrtrims01lod.dds, wrwoodlattice01lod.dds

Thats fantastic! Thank you

Edited by Tacocat

Hey, I have some weird bug with Terrain Missing at certain ranges.

https://giant.gfycat.com/JoyfulDistortedDipper.webm

I re-ran DynDoLOD a couple of times but the Bug still is there.

FAQ: Game: Rectangular holes in LOD 

A: Caused by vanilla pre-computed occlusion. Has nothing to do with the LOD data itself. DynDOLOD generates object and tree LOD. Water and terrain LOD can be generated with xLODGen. 

A: Try using different LOD distance settings via the DynDOLOD SkyUI Settings page. 

A: Remove the TVDT occlusion data from the cell record to trade visuals for performance. 

FAQ: Game: Rectangular holes in LOD 

A: Caused by vanilla pre-computed occlusion. Has nothing to do with the LOD data itself. DynDOLOD generates object and tree LOD. Water and terrain LOD can be generated with xLODGen. 

A: Try using different LOD distance settings via the DynDOLOD SkyUI Settings page. 

A: Remove the TVDT occlusion data from the cell record to trade visuals for performance. 

Sorry, but that does not help me at all.

Sorry, but that does not help me at all.

How do these 2 answers not help "at all"?

1) This is a vanilla bug.

2) Try changing the LOD distance settings in the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Settings pagee.

With the right keywords from all answers you could also use an internet search engine and maybe find this https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/67czvx/how_do_i_fix_these_2_sea_water_lod_squares_near/dgqx1o8/

Edited by sheson

When I change the MCM Settings it even gets worse and even more Terrain is missing, but I realized I have this bug even if I run the Game without any Mods. I deleted my Inis and even with that I still have this bug. How is that possible? There has to be a easy way to fix this. I modtested SE quite a bit before and I never have seen this weird bug before.

When I change the MCM Settings it even gets worse and even more Terrain is missing, but I realized I have this bug even if I run the Game without any Mods. I deleted my Inis and even with that I still have this bug. How is that possible? There has to be a easy way to fix this. I modtested SE quite a bit before and I never have seen this weird bug before.

This is a vanilla bug that is caused by the pre-computed occlusion data. Everybody has this bug.

There is no true fix. Changing the LOD distance settings can help to cover it up by shifting the LOD levels. CK is broken and can not calculate correct pre-computed occlusion.

A workaround is to remove the pre-computed occlusion data from the cell the bug happens in - in exchange for FPS.

There is a mod that removes the data for all cells, which obviously is a really bad idea.

Hence the link to the plugin created by Plockton.

Edited by sheson

Having some stability problems with DynDOLOD (running the latest 2.66 standalone with the 2.66 resources package), and getting errors such as the following intermittently:

[00:01:02.806]    <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\lod\mine\minescaffoldtop0sided01_lod_0.nif": Error reading NIF block 2 BSTriShape: Unknown NiObject: BSTriShape>
[00:01:02.837]    <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\lod\tundra\reach\tundrastreambend01reach_lod_0.nif": Error reading NIF block 2 BSTriShape: Unknown NiObject: BSTriShape>
[00:01:02.853]    <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\lod\solitude\sthalmorembassy_lod.nif": Error reading NIF block 2 BSTriShape: Unknown NiObject: BSTriShape>
[00:01:02.931]    <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\srg_treepineforest01_a84564afpassthru_lod.nif": Error reading NIF block 2 NiTriShape: Unknown NiObject: NiTriShape>
[00:01:02.931]    <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\lod\tundra\reach\tundrastreambend01reach_lod_0.nif": Error reading NIF block 2 BSTriShape: Unknown NiObject: BSTriShape>

(Notice that in this example the same "meshes\lod\tundra\reach\tundrastreambend01reach_lod_0.nif" appears twice?!)

Usually there will be only 1 or 2 such errors (the above 5 errors is the worst case I have seen). Running DynDOLOD again and again with the exact same options will eventually result in an error free run (always clearing the cache, export and output folders between runs and without any other changes). I seem to get these errors more frequently generating "regular" LODs (i.e. running DynDOLOD with the default TreeLOD=1 and simply selecting High from the "wizard"). Running with "TreeLOD=0", which is the only usage I have done with previous versions, also generates such errors but less frequently, so it's hard for me to say if this is new to the new version.

I have also run into the following error in the LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_log.txt (once):

Can not get hash for shader in meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforestdeadashl01passthru_lod.nif block TreePineForestDeadAsh01:1 - L2_:0 - L1_:0 Invalid handle. System.ArgumentNullException: Invalid handle.

Rerunning DynDOLOD "resolved" the issue. This is similar to the error I reported here with 2.65, in that case rerunning DynDOLOD without any changes also "resolved" the issue (only clearing the cache, export and output folders).

I have also verified all the above files are the same as their sources (which are the DynDOLOD Resource SE package, oldrim EVT or Enhanced Landscapes; The "sthalmorembassy_lod.nif" I could not verify as it is not a loose file in any of my mods).

I can only guess this is some odd parallelism issue which causes the above instabilities.

Please let me know if there is further information or testing I can provide to help investigate this issue.

Edited by erasmux

If this happens with a new game the answer is simple:

There are papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD DLL in the load order and they load after / replace the papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD Resources.

In MO, right window, data tab, files in the Scripts folder matching SHESON_DynDOLOD_*.pex

It does not matter what MO says the source mod is. Some or all of files are scripts from DynDOLOD DLL and not DynDOLOD Resources.

ok this is getting even more frustating, i completly uninstalled all mods related to dyndolod, downloaded the version 2.66 of the standalone and resources package, and installed them in the same order like i had before. and i still get the same error. there is nothing overwriting the papyrus scripts from papyrusutil vr or the scripts dyndolod resources, and i get the same error on startup on the game.

dyndolod requires dyndolod.dll. i have double check my install order several times and everything is in the right order also.

sksevr

skyuivr

dyndolod resources se 2.66beta

papyrusutil vr  3.6beta

papyrus extender - vr 1.4.15 - v1.51

and at the very end of the install order 

texgen output

dyndolod ouput

plz help the reason i am going with papyrusutil to dynamic dyndolod is because i need it installed for another mod.

i tried also the variation using the dyndolod.dll and it's scripts also but it also generates the same error. can dyndolod.dll and papyrusutil be used together. everything is installed thrugh mod organizer, do i need to install these mods manually instead. plz help

ok this is getting even more frustating, i completly uninstalled all mods related to dyndolod, downloaded the version 2.66 of the standalone and resources package, and installed them in the same order like i had before. and i still get the same error. there is nothing overwriting the papyrus scripts from papyrusutil vr or the scripts dyndolod resources, and i get the same error on startup on the game.

dyndolod requires dyndolod.dll. i have double check my install order several times and everything is in the right order also.

sksevr

skyuivr

dyndolod resources se 2.66beta

papyrusutil vr  3.6beta

papyrus extender - vr 1.4.15 - v1.51

and at the very end of the install order 

texgen output

dyndolod ouput

plz help the reason i am going with papyrusutil to dynamic dyndolod is because i need it installed for another mod.

i tried also the variation using the dyndolod.dll and it's scripts also but it also generates the same error. can dyndolod.dll and papyrusutil be used together. everything is installed thrugh mod organizer, do i need to install these mods manually instead. plz help

is dynamic dyndolod just broken on skyrimvr? i have been trying to get it to working for a week now.

Having some stability problems with DynDOLOD (running the latest 2.66 standalone with the 2.66 resources package), and getting errors such as the following intermittently:

[00:01:02.806]    <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\lod\mine\minescaffoldtop0sided01_lod_0.nif": Error reading NIF block 2 BSTriShape: Unknown NiObject: BSTriShape>
[00:01:02.837]    <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\lod\tundra\reach\tundrastreambend01reach_lod_0.nif": Error reading NIF block 2 BSTriShape: Unknown NiObject: BSTriShape>
[00:01:02.853]    <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\lod\solitude\sthalmorembassy_lod.nif": Error reading NIF block 2 BSTriShape: Unknown NiObject: BSTriShape>
[00:01:02.931]    <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\srg_treepineforest01_a84564afpassthru_lod.nif": Error reading NIF block 2 NiTriShape: Unknown NiObject: NiTriShape>
[00:01:02.931]    <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\lod\tundra\reach\tundrastreambend01reach_lod_0.nif": Error reading NIF block 2 BSTriShape: Unknown NiObject: BSTriShape>

(Notice that in this example the same "meshes\lod\tundra\reach\tundrastreambend01reach_lod_0.nif" appears twice?!)

Usually there will be only 1 or 2 such errors (the above 5 errors is the worst case I have seen). Running DynDOLOD again and again with the exact same options will eventually result in an error free run (always clearing the cache, export and output folders between runs and without any other changes). I seem to get these errors more frequently generating "regular" LODs (i.e. running DynDOLOD with the default TreeLOD=1 and simply selecting High from the "wizard"). Running with "TreeLOD=0", which is the only usage I have done with previous versions, also generates such errors but less frequently, so it's hard for me to say if this is new to the new version.

I have also run into the following error in the LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_log.txt (once):

Can not get hash for shader in meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforestdeadashl01passthru_lod.nif block TreePineForestDeadAsh01:1 - L2_:0 - L1_:0 Invalid handle. System.ArgumentNullException: Invalid handle.

Rerunning DynDOLOD "resolved" the issue. This is similar to the error I reported here with 2.65, in that case rerunning DynDOLOD without any changes also "resolved" the issue (only clearing the cache, export and output folders).

I have also verified all the above files are the same as their sources (which are the DynDOLOD Resource SE package, oldrim EVT or Enhanced Landscapes; The "sthalmorembassy_lod.nif" I could not verify as it is not a loose file in any of my mods).

I can only guess this is some odd parallelism issue which causes the above instabilities.

Please let me know if there is further information or testing I can provide to help investigate this issue.

If the files are not corrupt (which seems to be the case because they work out in the next run), then you should check overclocking settings, CPU temps, memory timings etc.

Also possible that MO2 is acting up with Windows 10 as we see with the mysterious corrupting textures issue.

Edited by sheson