DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Large reference bugs. 

Yes, I know it.

There are Large reference settings both DynDOLOD Standalone, both in-game MCM.

No ones can solve that issue?

Just found odd, that when DynDOLOD Activated first, there was no issue. Not, when saved outside, and loaded again that save.

Fllickering accourd just, when I exited to main menu, and loaded that save again. For me, it's a little bit odd, and strange.

New to forum - hi

Trying to run DynDOLOD beta for Skyrim SE and I get this error from my computer:

I am not using legendary version of Skyrim, using Special Edition but it refuses to recognize that I am using special edition.  I have downloaded the beta version from this forum and from Nexus's page and both keep popping up this error.  Forgive me if I am being stupid for not realizing that I have to 'add' something to make the exe recognize special edition but I don't know where it is.  If someone would be kind enough to show me my ignorance I would be grateful.

I did try watching videos but none of them were showing any problems and just motored on which didn't help me.

Please read the included manual, start with DynDOLOD_QuickStart.html:

By default the tools start in Skyrim mode, which is the same as adding the -tes5 command line parameter. Add -sse as a command line parameter to DynDOLOD.exe/DynDOLODx64.exe or TexGen.exe/TexGenx64.exe to start the tools in Skyrim Special Edition mode. Add -tes5vr as a command line parameter to DynDOLOD.exe/DynDOLODx64.exe or TexGen.exe/TexGenx64.exe to start the tools in Skyrim VR mode. Add -enderal as a command line parameter to DynDOLOD.exe/DynDOLODx64.exe or TexGen.exe/TexGenx64.exe to start the tools in Enderal mode in case the Steam version is used. See DynDOLOD-Shortcut.txt for help.

Yes, I know it.

There are Large reference settings both DynDOLOD Standalone, both in-game MCM.

No ones can solve that issue?

Just found odd, that when DynDOLOD Activated first, there was no issue. Not, when saved outside, and loaded again that save.

Fllickering accourd just, when I exited to main menu, and loaded that save again. For me, it's a little bit odd, and strange.

Turn off large references (uLargeRefLODGridSize=5), adjust the DynDOLOD accordingly (uncheck the  Large Reference Fix checkbox) and there should be no flickering.

Check the end of the DynDOLOD generation log to find out which plugins are triggering the bugs. The only solution is to change the plugins too ESM or remove the overwrites from the plugins.

Sorry for being stupid but how do I get access to the command line to add -sse to the .exe. I'm reading the instructions and perhaps its the early morning but my brain isn't comprehending exactly how. I've read the instructions again and I am sorry but I am not seeing HOW to get into the command line or where it is.

Sorry for being stupid but how do I get access to the command line to add -sse to the .exe. I'm reading the instructions and perhaps its the early morning but my brain isn't comprehending exactly how. I've read the instructions again and I am sorry but I am not seeing HOW to get into the command line or where it is.

Adding command line arguments to an executable is a basic OS function. See DynDOLOD-Shortcut.txt for help. If you are using a mod manager refer to its documentation.

Edited by sheson

Adding command line arguments to an executable is a basic OS function. See DynDOLOD-Shortcut.txt for help. If you are using a mod manager refer to its documentation.

Thank you for referencing that - now my problem must be my computer because it refuses to allow me to change the shortcut - I guess I won't be using this mod

Thank you for referencing that - now my problem must be my computer because it refuses to allow me to change the shortcut - I guess I won't be using this mod

DynDOLOD is for enthusiast modders that have a general knowledge of computers, folders and files.

Without basic computer skills, modding seems more or less impossible. Follow a recent modding guide, it shouldn't take look to learn how to mod easily and safely with MO along the way.

Please read the included manual, start with DynDOLOD_QuickStart.html:

Turn off large references (uLargeRefLODGridSize=5), adjust the DynDOLOD accordingly (uncheck the  Large Reference Fix checkbox) and there should be no flickering.

Check the end of the DynDOLOD generation log to find out which plugins are triggering the bugs. The only solution is to change the plugins too ESM or remove the overwrites from the plugins.

As far I can remember we tried it before.

The flickering occurd, as how I reached towards Solitude Tower, and at a certain point is started to flickering as well.

So, this is just an issue which nothing else reported and the problem is at my side?

(Honestly I do not have mods which modify Solitude. The only one, which modify espciallythat Tower is mod, which increase Windmill size.

Tried it mod enabled, disabled, nothing changed.

Do you mean, should I set:

uLargeRefLODGridSize=11 to 5, at skyrimprefs.ini file?

(and do rest at DynDOLOD process)

I will try, but...

Thanks!

PS:

"Check the end of the DynDOLOD generation log to find out which plugins are triggering the bugs."

I can check the log, save to a text file, but what should I search exactly?

Edited by kranazoli

"adjust the DynDOLOD accordingly (uncheck the  Large Reference Fix checkbox)"

xAf69M0.jpg

That is it?

I always leave that one unchecked. (If there is the so called: Large Reference Fix checkbox

In-Game via DynDOLOD MCM settings there's also a chechk-box which called something like that...

Also should I uncheck that?

Thanks!

I can check the log, save to a text file, but what should I search exactly?

Look for the log line "Checking for plugins causing texture z-fighting flicker because of large references bugs." near the end.

Uploaded a video, commented at console...

https://youtu.be/OsBUrzMZKM4

The video shows the normal engine behavior. New cells attach and full models are loaded. Once they are loaded, LOD unloads. So there can be a brief second of overlap. DynDOLOD does not change how the engine works.

Look for the log line "Checking for plugins causing texture z-fighting flicker because of large references bugs." near the end.

The video shows the normal engine behavior. New cells attach and full models are loaded. Once they are loaded, LOD unloads. So there can be a brief second of overlap. DynDOLOD does not change how the engine works.

Yes, I found some of them, but I guess I do not really feel myself smarter. :)

There are severelplugins, mostly ELFX Exteriors, but nothing directly mods like "Solitude mod".

I have a feeling I can live with issues like that. Not too much.

Edited by kranazoli

Howdy Sheson,

There may be a problem with the mesh `meshes/lod/dwemer/dwefacadebridgecurve03_lod.nif` in DynDOLOD Resources SE 2.67.  I noticed I was getting CTDs on walking toward Markarth from Salvius Farm.  Using the crash log from .NET Framework (which gives a stack dump on any CTD), I saw this mesh show up in the stack at the time of the crash.

This file seems to be new with the 2.67 version of the resources so I replaced it with `meshes/lod/dwemer/dwefacadebridgecurve03_lod_2.nif` from version 2.66, renaming accordingly.  I can confirm that fixed my CTD.

I looked at the suspect mesh with NifSkope and it looks pretty simple, file wasn't corrupt or anything.  Nifscan also reported no issues.  So it doesn't make sense to me why this mesh would cause a CTD, but I thought I'd pass along the info in case it helps.

Oh and this was tested with version 1.5.80 of Skyrim SE + LOD generated by version 2.68 of DynDOLOD.  I do have this mod installed which modifies Markarth: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/22482 but Markarth LOD was working for me with this mod prior to updating to DynDOLOD 2.68 / DynDOLOD Resources 2.67.

I'm happy to test if you need help troubleshooting further or need more info.

Thanks!

Howdy Sheson,

There may be a problem with the mesh `meshes/lod/dwemer/dwefacadebridgecurve03_lod.nif` in DynDOLOD Resources SE 2.67.  I noticed I was getting CTDs on walking toward Markarth from Salvius Farm.  Using the crash log from .NET Framework (which gives a stack dump on any CTD), I saw this mesh show up in the stack at the time of the crash.

This file seems to be new with the 2.67 version of the resources so I replaced it with `meshes/lod/dwemer/dwefacadebridgecurve03_lod_2.nif` from version 2.66, renaming accordingly.  I can confirm that fixed my CTD.

I looked at the suspect mesh with NifSkope and it looks pretty simple, file wasn't corrupt or anything.  Nifscan also reported no issues.  So it doesn't make sense to me why this mesh would cause a CTD, but I thought I'd pass along the info in case it helps.

Oh and this was tested with version 1.5.80 of Skyrim SE + LOD generated by version 2.68 of DynDOLOD.  I do have this mod installed which modifies Markarth: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/22482 but Markarth LOD was working for me with this mod prior to updating to DynDOLOD 2.68 / DynDOLOD Resources 2.67.

I'm happy to test if you need help troubleshooting further or need more info.

Thanks!

It is possible the mesh became corrupted after installing Resources SE 2.67. Have you tested copying the new version from Resources SE 2.67 to the load order again?

Edit: This is fixed in DynDOLOD Resources SE 2.69. Simply replace the older DynDOLOD Resources SE version with the new version. No need to generate LOD again.

Edited by sheson

Where should DynDoLod be in install / conflict order... because it is conflicting / overwriting mods in my loads order?

-USSEP

-ELFX exteriors

-EVT

-HD lod textures

-majestic mountains

-particle patch

-Underground - dungeon texture overhaul

Also do I need those vanilla or whatever billboards if I'm using EVT

Edited by Soulmancer

Where should DynDoLod be in install / conflict order... because it is conflicting / overwriting mods in my loads order?

-USSEP

-ELFX exteriors

-EVT

-HD lod textures

-majestic mountains

-particle patch

-Underground - dungeon texture overhaul

Also do I need those vanilla or whatever billboards if I'm using EVT

Read the Load/Overwrite Orders section in DynDOLOD_Manual.html

The Requirements section in DynDOLOD_QuickStart.html or DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html lists Vanilla Skyrim LOD Billboards from several different sources to choose from as requirement, which means they are needed.

Edited by sheson