DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Hi, just wanted to tell you I have a similar problem (almost exactly the same) as jtharpla. The NetScript crash logs pointing to the same .nif file, and the crash being solved by doing the same file replacement. I attempted to do a fresh install first, and that still led to a crash. However, like jtharpla, I use a mod that modifies markarth (The People of Skyrim 2).

I used Dyndolod ver 2.8, Skyrim 1.5.80, and Resource ver 2.7.

Hi, just wanted to tell you I have a similar problem (almost exactly the same) as jtharpla. The NetScript crash logs pointing to the same .nif file, and the crash being solved by doing the same file replacement. I attempted to do a fresh install first, and that still led to a crash. However, like jtharpla, I use a mod that modifies markarth (The People of Skyrim 2).

I used Dyndolod ver 2.8, Skyrim 1.5.80, and Resource ver 2.7.

The current version of DynDOLOD is 2.68 and the current version of DynDOLOD Resource SE is 2.67. I assume this is what you were using.

Did you try to simply copy the file from DynDOLOD Resources SE 2.67 again to test if it became corrupted after installing it the first time?

Edited by sheson

Yeah that's what I meant my apologies. I did try to copy the file again, and it still led to a CTD. I attempted a fresh install as well as a brand new save game which still crashed.

Edit: Just wanted to give you a little update, after playing around for a while, it seems the dwemer lod mesh resources folder from Oldrim work fine as a replacement and also prevent the crash after being optimized for SSE.

Edited by diento

Yeah that's what I meant my apologies. I did try to copy the file again, and it still led to a CTD. I attempted a fresh install as well as a brand new save game which still crashed.

Edit: Just wanted to give you a little update, after playing around for a while, it seems the dwemer lod mesh resources folder from Oldrim work fine as a replacement and also prevent the crash after being optimized for SSE.

Thanks for the info. I will just re-convert those recently updated meshes again for the next update.

The current version of DynDOLOD is 2.68 and the current version of DynDOLOD Resource SE is 2.67. I assume this is what you were using.

Did you try to simply copy the file from DynDOLOD Resources SE 2.67 again to test if it became corrupted after installing it the first time?

Can  confirm. Getting same CTD walking up to Markarth after a fresh install and DynDOLOD output.

Looking forward to the next update.

Can  confirm. Getting same CTD walking up to Markarth after a fresh install and DynDOLOD output.

Looking forward to the next update.

This is fixed in DynDOLOD Resources SE 2.69. Simply replace the older DynDOLOD Resources SE version with the new version. No need to generate LOD again.

Read the Load/Overwrite Orders section in DynDOLOD_Manual.html

The Requirements section in DynDOLOD_QuickStart.html or DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html lists Vanilla Skyrim LOD Billboards from several different sources to choose from as requirement, which means they are needed.

I looked at this but I'm not talking about plugin sort load order... I mean asset overwrite priority.  When I install DynDoLod resource pack I get a lot of overwriting textures and meshes with the mods mentioned above.

I looked at this but I'm not talking about plugin sort load order... I mean asset overwrite priority.  When I install DynDoLod resource pack I get a lot of overwriting textures and meshes with the mods mentioned above.

The section Load/Overwrite Orders in DynDOLOD_Manual.html explains overwrite orders of meshes and textures as well. I made them bold here:

In order to generate LOD several different resources are used. Lets separate the several resources and what they result in:

Billboards source textures -> generated LOD meshes/generated LOD atlas textures
    LOD source meshes -> generated LOD meshes
    LOD source textures -> generated LOD atlas textures

The same Billboard source textures included in DynDOLOD Resources may also be included in the Vanilla+DLC billboards from TES5LODGen. DynDOLOD/Vanilla+DLC billboards need to loaded before any other billboards. Billboards for other mods need to overwrite DynDOLOD/Vanilla+DLC billboards. Billboards for other mods need to overwrite other billboards for other mods in the same order as their "parent" mods overwrites the full model trees.

DynDOLOD Resources LOD source meshes need to overwrite any vanilla LOD source meshes. New lands mods often add the same vanilla LOD source meshes again for no apparent reason, but DynDOLOD Resources LOD source meshes also need to overwrite them. This more or less happens automatically because the loose DynDOLOD Resources files overwrite any vanilla LOD source meshes in BSAs. If a mod makes specific note about its own LOD source mesh to overwrite DynDOLOD Resources they need to be loose files and the mods instructions should be followed.

DynDOLOD Resources LOD source textures need to overwrite any vanilla LOD source textures. New lands mods often add the same vanilla LOD source textures again for no apparent reason, but DynDOLOD Resources LOD source textures also need to overwrite them. This more or less happens automatically because the loose DynDOLOD Resources files overwrite any vanilla LOD source textures in BSAs. HOWEVER, any texture replacer mod that ships with its own LOD source textures most likely should overwrite DynDOLOD Resources LOD source textures, even if the mod makes no mention of it. Again, those files need to be loose as well.

LOD source textures created by TexGen.exe for the current load order need to overwrite DynDOLOD Resources LOD source textures and also any LOD source textures from mods.

When updating, existing DynDOLOD plugins need to load after any other plugins of the same type (e.g. highest ESM, highest ESP) when generating, so that any mod that modifies worldspaces and cells can be added as master. There will be all kinds of messages if order is out of place.

Generated LOD meshes and generated LOD atlas textures should always load after any other mod and not be overwritten by anything else.

Typically Generated DynDOLOD.esp can be sorted by LOOT or manually if you know what you are doing :)

When LOD is generated, records from the last plugin that is the winning overwrite are copied to create the DynDOLOD plugins. Sort and finialize the load order before generating the LOD patch. If later plugins were added or their load order changed, consider to generate LOD from scratch again. It is also possible to manually patch the records in the DynDOLOD plugins (or whatever plugin is the last to overwrite a record that requires the forwarding) or sort the plugin to load after the DynDOLOD plugins in case new LOD generation is not needed or wanted.

DynDOLOD Resources also contains a few updated full models and textures to fix various minor issues. They should overwrite unofficial patches and Skyrim particle patch for ENB. Typically they should be overwritten by other mods - sometimes at the expense of LOD maybe not matching as well anymore. This is depends on user preference.

As a rule of thump, DynDOLOD Resources should overwrite everything that doesn't have specifically updated LOD assets themselves or mention in their description to overwrite DynDOLOD Resources. You are welcome to ask specific questions.
Edited by sheson

Gotcha... Thanks... So essentially my MO2 install / overwriting order should look like

USSEP

Particle Patch

DynDoLod Resource Pack

Then the others I mentioned below that to win overwriting assets.

-ELFX exteriors

-EVT
-HD lod textures (for noble skyrim)
-majestic mountains
-Underground - dungeon texture overhaul

And Lastly the TexGen Lod's below everything once generated... then I profit?

Gotcha... Thanks... So essentially my MO2 install / overwriting order should look like

USSEP

Particle Patch

DynDoLod Resource Pack

Then the others I mentioned below that to win overwriting assets.

-ELFX exteriors

-EVT

-HD lod textures (for noble skyrim)

-majestic mountains

-Underground - dungeon texture overhaul

And Lastly the TexGen Lod's below everything once generated... then I profit?

Yup that should work. If you use any mods adding large new worlds, typically have them before DynDOLOD Resources.

Hello Sheson,

i recently ran into a problem with DynDoLod and snowy farmhouse lods. Here are 2 Screenshots showing the problem: With DynDoLodhttps://imgur.com/qhpTaEf / Without DynDoLodhttps://imgur.com/z4C2WRv

The wooden walls appear to be straight up white when DynDoLod is active. When turned off, they look much closer to the actual lod texture. I noticed this, when i started tinkering with the projected snow texture and it looks like as if this projected snow texture is applied to the wooden walls when using DynDoLod. The regarding object lod mesh is refering to a texture atlas which is containing only non snowy farmhouse lods (there are no snowy farmhouse lods in any generated atlas, even tho texgen created them). Is DynDoLod using the projected snow texture to show snowy farmhouse lods and if thats the case, is there an option to use the lod texture only?

Hello Sheson,

i recently ran into a problem with DynDoLod and snowy farmhouse lods. Here are 2 Screenshots showing the problem: With DynDoLodhttps://imgur.com/qhpTaEf / Without DynDoLodhttps://imgur.com/z4C2WRv

The wooden walls appear to be straight up white when DynDoLod is active. When turned off, they look much closer to the actual lod texture. I noticed this, when i started tinkering with the projected snow texture and it looks like as if this projected snow texture is applied to the wooden walls when using DynDoLod. The regarding object lod mesh is refering to a texture atlas which is containing only non snowy farmhouse lods (there are no snowy farmhouse lods in any generated atlas, even tho texgen created them). Is DynDoLod using the projected snow texture to show snowy farmhouse lods and if thats the case, is there an option to use the lod texture only?

DynDOLOD does not change how LOD works.

The object LOD textures which are used are defined in the LOD models of the farmhouses. These object LOD textures are updated by TexGen from the currently installed full textures. If LOD textures seem different,  then a mod is changing them. farmhouselod01snow or farmhousesnowlod01 are not used by the vanilla game. They are used by specific farmhouse replacer mods. They do not change the wall textures though.

The game defines to apply the snow LOD shader onto those LOD models. The snow LOD shaders themselves have nothing to do with LOD generation in any way and are not changed by DynDOLOD.

If the snow LOD shaders behave differently, then a plugin or an INI setting is changing them.