1638 replies to this topic

#1561 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 02:39 PM

Where SHOULD I install DynDOLOD then, and where should I move the SSE folder to as well? I can't seem to do anything right and apparently the default place where Skyrim SSE is installed is incorrect. 

I moved the files from the DynDOLOD download folder to a specific folder called DynDOLOD just inside my C drive this time. No sub folders, so Program Files x86. Same Error. I tried moving the SSE folder out of Program Files x86 and changing the MO2 directory. Fatal Error.

From the DynDOLOD Standalone archive copy the content of the 'DynDOLOD' folder, which contains the files DynDOLOD.exe, TexGen.exe, DynDOLOD_QuickStart.html and the sub folders 'Docs' and 'Edit Scripts' with all their content into a new 'DynDOLOD' folder outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', the SteamApps or game folders and Mod Organizers virtual file structure. Do not mix with old versions or xEdit installation.

So C:\DynDOLOD for example would suffice.

I suggest to follow a modding guide how to set the game and mod organizer etc.

I have no idea what "same error" or "Fatal Error" is supposed to mean without useful information or context. Though the last one might be probably because the game installation was moved, but the Windows Registry not updated with the new path information. Start the games launcher once to update.

Edited by sheson, 05 July 2019 - 02:39 PM.

#1562 LennyFuManchu

LennyFuManchu

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 03:14 PM

The 'same error' I mentioned was referencing the first post that you responded to 'Invalid Installation Path' I have been following a guide in fact. 'Nordic Skyrim Yet Another Guide to Modding Your Skyrim SE' found here https://www.nexusmod...tion/mods/12562 The guide (which admittedly may be out of date with regards to some tools) specifically says to place the DynDOLOD folder into a 'Tools' folder within the modding the folder which is referred to as "Your Modding Folder." This information can be found under the SSELODGEN and DYNDOLOD tab in "Installation." However, I found that doing this resulted in the error 'Invalid Installation Path.' I have tried changing the install directory to elsewhere and receive a different error Missing DynDOLOD SE Core Files. I really don't know what I am doing wrong. I have followed the directions to the letter and keep getting the same errors.

#1563 erasmux

erasmux

Prisoner

• Mod Authors
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 03:43 PM

... specifically says to place the DynDOLOD folder into a 'Tools' folder within the modding the folder which is referred to as "Your Modding Folder." ...

The above guide says:

"Also, I highly recommend to make a modding folder for all tools, backups, custom mods and patches, etc. anywhere on a hard drive. You will be installing there a lot of important things (like xEdit) so it will be good to have it an easily accessible place."

And he gives "D:\Skyrim Mods" as an example.

I admit that does not specifically say that the "Modding Folder" must be outside special OS folder and outside the MO folder but common sense as well as sheson's post (i.e the one right above yours) will tell you not to do so.

Did you try to use a "Modding Folder" outside the MO folder and outside special OS folders? Can you detail together the folder you are installing DynDOLOD to and the error message you are getting?

As I side note, I would advise against installing MO under program files, obviously you can get (almost) any configuration to work with proper permissions on the OS level but why choose paths which may cause problems?

The guide you linked specifically says "Mod Organizer 2 should not be installed inside a system protected folder such as Programs Files (x86). Also avoid installing MO2 inside the Game folder as this causes problems with the vfs library. Download the main file (Archive version), and extract the contents. Create a folder D: drive, name it Mod Organizer 2, and extract the contents to it. Run the executable, and select Portable, and then Skyrim Special Edition."

I do not see any reason it has to be "D:\Mod Organizer 2" but that could work, as well as "C:\MO2" or "F:\Games\SkyrimMods\ModOrganizer2" and so on. Just make sure you don't install such tools inside windows folders (i.e. "program files"). Like already stated above, also don't install DynDOLOD under the MO folder.

Edited by erasmux, 05 July 2019 - 03:45 PM.

#1564 LennyFuManchu

LennyFuManchu

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 05:44 PM

So I have MO2 and DynDOLOD installed in Local Disk (C:) OUTSIDE of Program Files x86, however Skyrim SE itself is still installed under Local Disk (C:)/Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition. Should I move the entire Steam folder outside of Program Files (x86) ? This is the error I get as is. 

DynDolod Error 1.JPG

Sorry the image is so lo res

The error says

Error: Can not find DynDOLOD Resources SE core files required to create improved LOD

RTFM DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html requirements section

Verify the core files from DynDOLOD Resources SE archive have been installed completely

Verify the game is starting in the desired game mode. Current mode: SSE
Current Data path C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\

Edited by LennyFuManchu, 05 July 2019 - 05:49 PM.

#1565 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 02:04 AM

So I have MO2 and DynDOLOD installed in Local Disk (C:) OUTSIDE of Program Files x86, however Skyrim SE itself is still installed under Local Disk (C:)/Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition. Should I move the entire Steam folder outside of Program Files (x86) ? This is the error I get as is. 

Sorry the image is so lo res

The error says

Error: Can not find DynDOLOD Resources SE core files required to create improved LOD

RTFM DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html requirements section

Verify the core files from DynDOLOD Resources SE archive have been installed completely

Verify the game is starting in the desired game mode. Current mode: SSE
Current Data path C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\

The message that DynDOLOD Resources Core Files can not be found either means the Core Files are not installed completely (sometimes mod managers fail to download or unpack archives correctly) or that DynDOLOD is prevented access to read the files.

#1566 Andersdja80

Andersdja80

Prisoner

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 10:05 PM

Ok i am at a lost of what i am doing wrong. I have triple checked through all the steps. Made sure i only had the files needed to run dyndolod on skyrimvr with the papyrus util for the dynamic dyndolod, and i am still getting the error message when skyrimvr loads up that it cant find the dyndolod.dll, even though i am using the papyrus util instead of the dll file.
Install order is
Sksevr copied all files in root folder to skyrimvr game folder rezipped sksevr data folder and installed through mod organizer
Skyui-vr.v1.0-beta
Dyndolod resources se v2.65
Papyrusutil vr v3.6beta
Papyrus extender - vr 1.4.15 - v.1.51
Dyndolod patches for lanterns of skyrim se
I have dyndolod v.2.65 unzipped, set ignorelargereferences=1
Run texgenx64 through mod organizer with -tes5vr in the argument line, zip up texgen output folder and install through mod organizer and activate, and do the same with dyndolodx64 and move dyndolod.esp at bottom of load order. Cant figure out what i am doing wrong. According to the documentation either the papyrus util or the dyndolod.dll is required to run dynamic dyndolod on skse. All the mods listed above are installed through mod organizer should i install them manually instead, what am i missing?

#1567 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:18 AM

Ok i am at a lost of what i am doing wrong. I have triple checked through all the steps. Made sure i only had the files needed to run dyndolod on skyrimvr with the papyrus util for the dynamic dyndolod, and i am still getting the error message when skyrimvr loads up that it cant find the dyndolod.dll, even though i am using the papyrus util instead of the dll file.
Install order is
Sksevr copied all files in root folder to skyrimvr game folder rezipped sksevr data folder and installed through mod organizer
Skyui-vr.v1.0-beta
Dyndolod resources se v2.65
Papyrusutil vr v3.6beta
Papyrus extender - vr 1.4.15 - v.1.51
Dyndolod patches for lanterns of skyrim se
I have dyndolod v.2.65 unzipped, set ignorelargereferences=1
Run texgenx64 through mod organizer with -tes5vr in the argument line, zip up texgen output folder and install through mod organizer and activate, and do the same with dyndolodx64 and move dyndolod.esp at bottom of load order. Cant figure out what i am doing wrong. According to the documentation either the papyrus util or the dyndolod.dll is required to run dynamic dyndolod on skse. All the mods listed above are installed through mod organizer should i install them manually instead, what am i missing?

FAQ: Game: DynDOLOD requires DynDOLOD.DLL 
A: If the intention is to use PapyrusUtil, make sure the papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD Resources are not overwritten by the papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD DLL. Do not install anything from DynDOLOD DLL.

You have installed DynDOLOD DLL scripts. They are the only scripts that can produce the message "DynDOLOD requires DynDOLOD.DLL"

Do not install the DynDOLOD DLL papyrus scripts if you want to use PapyrusUtil.

#1568 Andersdja80

Andersdja80

Prisoner

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 08:03 AM

Thays what i dont get, i have uninstalled the dyndod.dll and its scripts in mod organizer, and regenerated the lod, and still get that error.

#1569 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 08:54 AM

Thays what i dont get, i have uninstalled the dyndod.dll and its scripts in mod organizer, and regenerated the lod, and still get that error.

If this happens with a new game the answer is simple:

There are papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD DLL in the load order and they load after / replace the papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD Resources.

In MO, right window, data tab, files in the Scripts folder matching SHESON_DynDOLOD_*.pex

It does not matter what MO says the source mod is. Some or all of files are scripts from DynDOLOD DLL and not DynDOLOD Resources.

Edited by sheson, 10 July 2019 - 08:56 AM.

#1570 Tacocat

Tacocat

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:18 PM

TexGen.exe - added generation for castlekitlod.dds, wrroofslate01lod.dds, wrdragontile01lod.dds, wrdragontileblack01lod.dds, wrcitywall01lod.dds, wrtemplefloor01lod.dds, wrplasterint01.dds, wrwoodfloorint01lod.dds, wrwoodplanks01lod.dds, wrwoodbeam01lod.dds, wrwoodbeamint01lod.dds, stonefloor01lod.dds, wrdragoncarvings01lod.dds, wrroofint01lod.dds, wrslate02lod.dds, wrstonebase02lod.dds, wrstoneblocks01lod.dds, wrtrellisvines01lod.dds, wrtrims01lod.dds, wrwoodlattice01lod.dds

Thats fantastic! Thank you

Edited by Tacocat, 10 July 2019 - 02:18 PM.

#1571 Hadley

Hadley

Prisoner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:20 AM

Hey, I have some weird bug with Terrain Missing at certain ranges.

https://giant.gfycat...rtedDipper.webm

I re-ran DynDoLOD a couple of times but the Bug still is there.

Edited by Hadley, 11 July 2019 - 07:21 AM.

#1572 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:13 AM

Hey, I have some weird bug with Terrain Missing at certain ranges.

https://giant.gfycat...rtedDipper.webm

I re-ran DynDoLOD a couple of times but the Bug still is there.

FAQ: Game: Rectangular holes in LOD 

A: Caused by vanilla pre-computed occlusion. Has nothing to do with the LOD data itself. DynDOLOD generates object and tree LOD. Water and terrain LOD can be generated with xLODGen. 

A: Try using different LOD distance settings via the DynDOLOD SkyUI Settings page. 

A: Remove the TVDT occlusion data from the cell record to trade visuals for performance. 

#1573 Hadley

Hadley

Prisoner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 01:22 PM

FAQ: Game: Rectangular holes in LOD 

A: Caused by vanilla pre-computed occlusion. Has nothing to do with the LOD data itself. DynDOLOD generates object and tree LOD. Water and terrain LOD can be generated with xLODGen. 

A: Try using different LOD distance settings via the DynDOLOD SkyUI Settings page. 

A: Remove the TVDT occlusion data from the cell record to trade visuals for performance. 

Sorry, but that does not help me at all.

#1574 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 04:11 PM

Sorry, but that does not help me at all.

How do these 2 answers not help "at all"?

1) This is a vanilla bug.

2) Try changing the LOD distance settings in the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Settings pagee.

With the right keywords from all answers you could also use an internet search engine and maybe find this https://www.reddit.c...s_near/dgqx1o8/

Edited by sheson, 11 July 2019 - 04:12 PM.

#1575 Hadley

Hadley

Prisoner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:20 AM

When I change the MCM Settings it even gets worse and even more Terrain is missing, but I realized I have this bug even if I run the Game without any Mods. I deleted my Inis and even with that I still have this bug. How is that possible? There has to be a easy way to fix this. I modtested SE quite a bit before and I never have seen this weird bug before.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dyndolod, lod, special edition, sse

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users